Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    How long before they give up with retail and do Classic+?
    Retail by it's very definition is Classic+
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The Quests suck, the "Dailies" suck, the Intro Scenario sucks, Visions are "half-decent" (and very limited)....i give you that.

But you couldn't solve the puzzle...cmon...like....really?

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    Nobody really gives a shit, honestly. I suppose you’ve at least come to the right place i.e. the forum for blizzard sheeple haters though.

Indeed it's boring, I left in the vale, I need to go to the vault for something something .... its was complete boredom, long tendious fucking quest

The excessive grind, the daily lockouts, the mistakes repeated for the Nth time (i.e. respawn timers), all valid complaints. A tough intro quest? Hardly. Though I will give you the 3 minute walk both ways part. Fortunately I did it on a mage, and even invited the other guy who was doing it at the time for a portal back to the temple of two moons. So, even if I didn't do it, I still found it absolutely fucking retarded design. Someone designed that quest and never actually ran it.

You are right about the patch but for literally none of the reasons you mentioned (in my opinion anyways)

For me I liked it, I liked the intro quests and even that some of the stuff was a bit obtuse compared to usual. I don't mind getting to the places that much (though I might change my tune 6months in), because really it's not THAT long of a trip. I love Uldum aesthetically (just not the cata questing which is complete trash) so having a reason to go back is actually nice, I missed alot of mists so never seen vale in its former glory.

And hint: Pretty sure silithus from Main city then flying over to Uldum is faster.

No what killed the enthusiasm for this patch was how broken it was. Dailies and other stuff respawning, people getting banned for essentially accidentally exploiting the game (they see something respawn and do it, Becuase why not?), and for me (into gold making) finding out I potentially lost thousands of gold in the bugged auction house just sucked the joy out of it for me. Also apparently the new content is sometimes simply not giving rewards its supposed to.

Now alot this was clarified or fixed. Gold isn't lost just apparently REALLY slow mailing to you, bans got reversed, I think the fixed the loot issues?

I normally take these things in stride, but this time it really left a bad taste in my mouth so I barely played for the last 4 or so days and I'm way behind on the Cape stuff.

I'll get back into it, but the hundreds of QA people canned is really showing now. Bad look.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    You are right about the patch but for literally none of the reasons you mentioned (in my opinion anyways)

For me I liked it, I liked the intro quests and even that some of the stuff was a bit obtuse compared to usual. I don't mind getting to the places that much (though I might change my tune 6months in), because really it's not THAT long of a trip. I love Uldum aesthetically (just not the cata questing which is complete trash) so having a reason to go back is actually nice, I missed alot of mists so never seen vale in its former glory.

And hint: Pretty sure silithus from Main city then flying over to Uldum is faster.

No what killed the enthusiasm for this patch was how broken it was. Dailies and other stuff respawning, people getting banned for essentially accidentally exploiting the game (they see something respawn and do it, Becuase why not?), and for me (into gold making) finding out I potentially lost thousands of gold in the bugged auction house just sucked the joy out of it for me. Also apparently the new content is sometimes simply not giving rewards its supposed to.

Now alot this was clarified or fixed. Gold isn't lost just apparently REALLY slow mailing to you, bans got reversed, I think the fixed the loot issues?

I normally take these things in stride, but this time it really left a bad taste in my mouth so I barely played for the last 4 or so days and I'm way behind on the Cape stuff.

I'll get back into it, but the hundreds of QA people canned is really showing now. Bad look.

they removed suspensions lol please pay attention fully

it was on the home page

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    they removed suspensions lol please pay attention fully

it was on the home page
    Take your own advice. I noted bans got reversed.

My point is that the bad state of things just kind of killed my enthusiasm for the patch. This is one of the worse patch releases in recent memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I judge tier patches based on the raids, so while aspects of patch 8.3 have been underwhelming, I haven't yet formed an opinion yet. If the raid is amazing, then that's perfectly fine with me and I'll consider the patch good. Who in their right mind gets excited about dailies? If you don't raid, PvP or do m+, then this game isn't for you. If you're not big into one of those 3 categories, then you'll never enjoy WoW. About the only thing blizzard puts effort into now are those 3 things.

So as it stands, I can't judge 8.3 until tomorrow. Once I clear the raid and experience it on a few alts, I'll be able to formulate an opinion.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Take your own advice. I noted bans got reversed.

My point is that the bad state of things just kind of killed my enthusiasm for the patch. This is one of the worse patch releases in recent memory.

LOL

clearly you've been playing for like 3 months because every single patch has a buggy first week. You know, because only-so-many people play on the ptr?

i actually really wish that most of you mmo-c warriors actually played more than you complained. The people who got banned were overdoing, like my guild and I farmed in excess of 4k coalescing essences; the people who got banned were people doing shit like exploiting the alpaca, and using party sync to get extra visions.
    Last edited by 123youshowme; 2020-01-20 at 07:22 PM. Reason: 4k visions / 4k essences derp

LOL

clearly you've been playing for like 3 months because every single patch has a buggy first week. You know, because only-so-many people play on the ptr?

i actually really wish that most of you mmo-c warriors actually played more than you complained. The people who got banned were overdoing, like my guild and I farmed in excess of 4k coalescing essences; the people who got banned were people doing shit like exploiting the alpaca, and using party sync to get extra visions.
    Oh I'm sorry I guess I missed the great ban of 8.2 and 8.2.5.

There's buggy and there's BUGGY. 8.3 was not ready to be released.

And blizzard unbanned those people so clearly they realized they effed up.

Wouldn't know about 8.3 content, the game's been broken on OSX since the patch. Random, very long lock-ups, sometimes causing a full computer restart. And before anyone goes "hurr hurr, Mac", the game had been running smoothly until 8.3. Hopefully it'll be hotfixed soon on weekly maintenance.

Oh I'm sorry I guess I missed the great ban of 8.2 and 8.2.5.

There's buggy and there's BUGGY. 8.3 was not ready to be released.

And blizzard unbanned those people so clearly they realized they effed up.

The people who were exploiting party sync got a 3 days last I checked.
    The cache people got hours with a reversal.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the most boring patch i ever seen in the nicest theme i ever seen.
    Im confused and upset.

Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created[/LIST]
    Have you been to Silithus? Like even pre legion. Hell even bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Have you been to Silithus? Like even pre legion. Hell even bfa.
    at any point in the game, really

I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    [LIST][*]It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    I loved that part. I was surprised blizzard actually did a simple quest where you have to think. What you did was redirect the energy from 2 streams to power the console magni told you to get powered. At first I was perplexed because as with most quests you just click highlighted object and you're done with no thought, but was simple to figure out if you payed attention to the beams moving after each click.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Lasted 1 day then went back to ESO

I might come back and get the dragon before the end but I may just be done

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Players are not all equal. Not even close. So it's not that no one is "special", it's simply that in a game we've been playing for 15 years, most people no longer care. Putting other players on pedestals isn't how you get happy players. You get happy players when we learn how to be content with what we have.
    God I hate this argument. Classic proves this wrong. I care more about gearing up in classic than I do in retail 1 week into a brand new patch. That is an issue. It has nothing to do with the game being 15 years old.

The people who were exploiting party sync got a 3 days last I checked.
    The cache people got hours with a reversal.
    Your second line proved my point.

People got a ban due to no fault of their own due to how bugged the patch launched.

Do try to keep up.