Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I guess I missed the great ban of 8.2 and 8.2.5.

There's buggy and there's BUGGY. 8.3 was not ready to be released.

And blizzard unbanned those people so clearly they realized they effed up.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    The people who were exploiting party sync got a 3 days last I checked.
    The cache people got hours with a reversal.

It's the most boring patch i ever seen in the nicest theme i ever seen.
    Im confused and upset.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created[/LIST]
    Have you been to Silithus? Like even pre legion. Hell even bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Have you been to Silithus? Like even pre legion. Hell even bfa.
    at any point in the game, really

I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    [LIST][*]It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    I loved that part. I was surprised blizzard actually did a simple quest where you have to think. What you did was redirect the energy from 2 streams to power the console magni told you to get powered. At first I was perplexed because as with most quests you just click highlighted object and you're done with no thought, but was simple to figure out if you payed attention to the beams moving after each click.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Takes like an hour to get to 400 item level on a toon now
    How do you do it in 1 hr? I am aware of 9 slots being Benthic that your main could feed to you. That is 385 though. Still no weapon (and what if you dual wield or..bloody hell..need a shield), trinkets or rings?

Honest to god question...happy to learn...and to up the stakes...what if is truly a new toon that dings 120..like my first ever?

Lasted 1 day then went back to ESO

I might come back and get the dragon before the end but I may just be done

Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created ...
    You must never have played back in 2005...Desolace, anyone.

But yeah...3 posts and I don't expect you to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Players are not all equal. Not even close. So it's not that no one is "special", it's simply that in a game we've been playing for 15 years, most people no longer care. Putting other players on pedestals isn't how you get happy players. You get happy players when we learn how to be content with what we have.
    God I hate this argument. Classic proves this wrong. I care more about gearing up in classic than I do in retail 1 week into a brand new patch. That is an issue. It has nothing to do with the game being 15 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    The people who were exploiting party sync got a 3 days last I checked.
    The cache people got hours with a reversal.
    Your second line proved my point.

People got a ban due to no fault of their own due to how bugged the patch launched.

Do try to keep up.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

The raid is pretty spot on.. but what else did we get? We get to kill a bunch of tentacles in old zones. WTF. This is the worst f patch we had in ages. After 8.2 beeing so amazing we get this.......

At least we got shadowlands in 8 months, doing nothing but weekly raiding 'till then. Sadly.

I'm having fun with it, good time with friends who have hated BFA till now
    The Main, aka the only one that matters
    Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

"Attention everybody: This is my hot take on BFA, completely original!"

*Ok, time to exaggerate like there's no tomorrow*

There is a reason only clowns like you take your nonsense statements serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    God I hate this argument. Classic proves this wrong. I care more about gearing up in classic than I do in retail 1 week into a brand new patch. That is an issue. It has nothing to do with the game being 15 years old.
    It's not even an argument, it's appeal to normality.
    They should really shut-up with the "learn to be content" bullshit, this is a product we paid for, it's well within our rights to revoke that payment if it turns out to not meet it's advertised state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    I'm having fun with it, good time with friends who have hated BFA till now
    The play-cycle is at least fun, if it wasn't fucked over by the classes being shit or the systems time-gating vision attempts it would be great in a better expac.

also, shills, people don't burn-out from doing fun content EVER(the fact this year is defined by several decade old franchises having return-to-forms should illustrate that fact for you), they burn-out from having to do boring frustrating content to be able to do the fun content.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How do you do it in 1 hr? I am aware of 9 slots being Benthic that your main could feed to you. That is 385 though. Still no weapon (and what if you dual wield or..bloody hell..need a shield), trinkets or rings?

Honest to god question...happy to learn...and to up the stakes...what if is truly a new toon that dings 120..like my first ever?
    Play a spec that uses one weapon, do the alliance 25 horde kills quest, you can easily get enough pearls to upgrade your azerite to 400, go to mechagon to get the 404 trinket, do the 8.3 intro to get 4 440s, the rest can be filled with world quest gear, that should easily get to close to if not over 400 (though maybe an hour is a bit hyperbolic, certainly under three)

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Budget cuts, lay offs and a lack of resources, and piss poor employee morale. Shadowlands is not looking too good either

- - - Updated - - -

Its not hard, it overly tedious and repetative for no reason other then lack of imagination on the devs part. The fact that nothing we are doing now really matters at all and is just busy work till 9.0 does not help/ Nyalotha should have been its own expansion
    Couldn't agree more with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Play a spec that uses one weapon, do the alliance 25 horde kills quest, you can easily get enough pearls to upgrade your azerite to 400, go to mechagon to get the 404 trinket, do the 8.3 intro to get 4 440s, the rest can be filled with world quest gear, that should easily get to close to if not over 400 (though maybe an hour is a bit hyperbolic, certainly under three)
    Cheers...too bad that the pvp one is out for me. Also apparently the 8.3 intro wasn't kind to me, as I didn't get 4 x 440

But anyways..thanks for replying and conceding on the hyperbole

• It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    It's just you.

First off, the intro quests (while longer than normal) were good. Decent content and story to follow along. They also tie in some older lore for those that actually played in MoP and Cata.

Next, if you're doing killing mobs to complete the invasion bar, you're doing it wrong. There are mini-events all across the zone (which require players to find them or look on wowhead for a map) which give higher percentage for a relatively quick event (especially with more people).

And lastly, traveling in the two older zones is really trivial. Cataclysm portals in either capital city will take you straight to Uldum. Pandaria is a bit misplaced but either find a mage or set your hearthstone to the Vale. Use the Dalaran Hearthstone and/or Garrison Hearthstone if you need alternative ways to reach your capital city. If you're willing to spend some more currency, there are many other items in-game that can teleport you to your capital city.

And finally, new zones could be potentially horrible. Think Argus... could you fly in Argus? NO you couldn't. Revisiting old zones means there's a high chance that you already have flying for those zones.

So be a little bit more grateful that the devs went with older zones instead of "new zones".
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Have to admit the "Activate the elevators" confused me as well.. I looked on YouTube aswell..

"Kill 4 rares in the area" (3 now).. Is still so damn annoying, it takes an hour to complete on each of my alts..
    11 alts later and its time to go to bed.

Edit: I honestly don't care about all of this though.. I just want a new raid and higher ilvl to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The raid is pretty spot on.. but what else did we get? We get to kill a bunch of tentacles in old zones.
    Damn, I feel cheated..so far I didn't kill no tentacle dude...they are all assets that are unattackable. (ok..sometimes inside a maw I can click a handful)

Also..yeah..if all you got is killing a few tentacles...go submit a bug report. I also got a legendary cloak