Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Retail has turned everyone into a special snowflake, and when everyone is special no one is
    Players are not all equal. Not even close. So it's not that no one is "special", it's simply that in a game we've been playing for 15 years, most people no longer care. Putting other players on pedestals isn't how you get happy players. You get happy players when we learn how to be content with what we have.

It's great that Method clear mythic world first. It truly is an impressive feat. But that shouldn't define how the rest of us feel about what we're achieving and/or getting out the game. For example, I am quite happy being an Ahead of the Curve raider. Given my real life constraints, and the place for my hobby in my life, it is an accomplishment to achieve Ahead of the Curve (among many other things I pursue in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Compare a weapon like thunderfury, that takes an entire guild pulling together to afford it or one person showing superhuman levels of dedication. That weapon means something. Now, compare that to the legendary cloak of retail. That cloak may as well be blue in color rarity
    Thunderfury was awesome back then. But it also had the downside that for every owner of Thunderfury, you needed 30 other players who wouldn't get it. After more than a decade though, the game needed to find a more inclusive reward structure.

Simply put, both rewards have their place in the game, and each has it's niche in the correct context.

The number of people in this thread who experienced difficulty with this quest chain has me very concerned for the state of our society in 2020. Holy shit. Yeah, the travel was annoying but the OP is literally complaining that the game didn't auto walk him through the scenarios. Like, dude, don't ever play Tomb Raider... you're gonna have a real bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this patch very much either, but complaints about travel time reflect well on how spoiled the playerbase has become.

Prefaces his travel time complaint by saying it takes a lot of time, proceeds to list two journeys which together don't even add up to 5 minutes

8.3 is the last patch of the expansion per Ion.

So enjoy it for the next year and a half!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    snip
    1. that bit was easy, you literally connected the lines to the end.
    2. that scenario was easy
    3. the quests are fine, sure some have a lower drop rate but that doesn't mean it sucks. the only one that maybe sucks was the rare one but they buffed the shit out of the spawn rate and reduced it to 3. I have never spent more than maybe 20 min on that one, thanks mostly to people who are in general chat
    4. how to do the invasions: pick up the dailies, do them, kill a rare when you see it, do some mini objectives and you are basically done.
    5. I've never had issues with those quests, the mobs are plentiful enough that you can spam kill quickly and yeah really does not take that long
    6. what the actual hell are you talking about? the ones in Uldum were easy as fuck to get to, the only one that was a bit annoying was the Vale one but yeah definitely not as bad as you're making it out to be
    7. oh piffle, it doesn't take that long at all. 30 seconds of flying to get to Uldum and maybe 2 minutes of flying to get to Vale. also, if you want a tip: set your hearthstone to Vale.
    8. I mean they give you a pretty good reason why they are attacking Uldum if you actually paid attention to the questline......

on another note, why did you create a dummy account to post this? everyone here knows you have another one, why not post it on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Unless the raid is stunningly good and fun, and the visions turn out to be amazing, yeah, it's going to bleed subs like crazy once people have their AOTC from the raid, and the non-raiders will go even faster. Compare with the end of MoP, where subs actually held steady for ages, suggesting that killing Garry and running away from TI's frogs had lasting entertainment value.
    Yeah its probably a very good thing they're not reporting subs anymore.....its basically guaranteed to be below 1 mil or even 500k by the time Shadowlands drops. The last time we had a long end patch the game was in a much healthier state. MoP had probably at least 5x the players and SoO was a very well received raid plus timeless isle like you said. If this patch lasts that long.....I dunno. Hate to be a doomsayer but it might be desperate times for WoW 6 months from now.

You don't just kill stuff to fill up the bar, do the events, kill rares, do your dailies. Also read the quest if you cant figure it out. Blizz has always been pretty good at explaining it. Magni tells you to connect the power to the console that gives power to the elevator, scroll over each console and find the one that says elevator and direct the beams to it.

8.3 isn't bad, but it definitely has me playing Classic more. I was playing neither for the past couple of months.

Some of the things I've noticed;
    The events on the maps are pretty great, but some completely lack explanation. My guild chat was filled with "WTFs" and then a simply response of "Sun thing?" or "Bug Wackamole" and we get them sorted.
    I can't understand why the best content in this patch is stuck behind a time gate where you can only run it 2 times a week.
    The return of "Kill 4(3) Rares" It's as if they completely forgot about Nazj where they had to reduce that amount to 1. A bigger issue is there are only so many Rares, to the point where if you are flying to pick up quests, and see a rare on the way, you are better off not killing it, because at least you can use that for your completion when it respawns. The Vale has a total of 10-12 rares I believe, you are killing nearly half of them for the quest, that isn't "Rare".
    I like the corruption system, but it's super unbalanced, similar to Azerite when it launched.
    I was cloak level 6 before Blizz ever made an announcement discussing how the gear drop system in Horrific Visions worked.

I'm starting to believe the "wow team cut to bare bones with no budget" rumors. I don't necessarily believe they can't put out a good more limited product; I think the issue is they aren't accustomed to working with less right now and are in a transition of figuring out. There are a lot of returning issues that we just saw in previous patches, and design choices such as not opening essences for alts smacks of increasing in-game time, while largely having the opposite effect.

I expect a pretty large player drop a few weeks after the raid opens. The new content is ok, but also not all that new, and players will tire quickly of it, especially w the alt unfriendliness.

One thing to note is that while the spawn / drop rates aren’t good, the zones also have no end game mining / herbalism options, which makes them feel decidedly more “temporary” than naz or mecha did.

Quests are Too long, too boring. If people enjoy them wow life must be great because the most menial of tasks must be super exciting for you!

A disaster is maybe a bit hyperbolic, but this patch definitely doesn't feel like it'll last even as long as 8.2, let alone last a drought, though then again I don't think any patch can do that.

That's why it was so clever of them to add in another 6 month subscription mount. Their only mistake is that, as far as I know, they only added it for people who bought the full 6 months, not for people who pay monthly to opt into like with Tyrael's Charger.

Every patch is ultimately judged by the quality of its raid. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    4. how to do the invasions: pick up the dailies, do them, kill a rare when you see it, do some mini objectives and you are basically done.
    It would help if killing a rare reliably counted towards the quest. I and several guildies have had rares simply not count for some reason. It's been a while since a patch has been a buggy as this.

It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    A small child could complete this quest. This is not a patch problem, this is a you problem.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    Not wrong, but slightly exaggerated IMO. It could have easily been crafted better, but it was still nowhere near as bad as the absolute trash design of vanilla quests. Also you do it once per toon, it's not like this is the actual conten of the patch.

Horrific visions are very fun, I think it's important to mention everything when talking about a patch, can't just ignore the good and only list the bad.
    Also this is only the first week, the raid and the new M+ affix coming next week are part of that patch and should be taken into consideration when making a review. Basically I'm saying you're jumping to conclusions a little bit here, can't judge a patch based on less than half of it, that's just silly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    It would help if killing a rare reliably counted towards the quest. I and several guildies have had rares simply not count for some reason. It's been a while since a patch has been a buggy as this.
    I did actually notice this happen in Uldum yesterday - I killed the Spirit of Cyrus the Black and it gave zero credit - so I would guess that they have to be in the outlined zone for it to have effect

I think it’s going very well

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I still don't know how it was done. I really didn't understand that (and still don't).
    It's exactly the same than the quests you did in Legion during the Suramar campaign, where you had to connect the pillars in those caves around the map.

But yes, 8.3 is not looking good. I do hope that N'yalotha is a stellar raid, or it will be time to unsub.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I did actually notice this happen in Uldum yesterday - I killed the Spirit of Cyrus the Black and it gave zero credit - so I would guess that they have to be in the outlined zone for it to have effect
    I was right in the middle of the Vale zone, and a rare gave no credit. Same thing for a couple of elites for the 'kill X elites' quest - killed them (solo, so no tagging issues should've applied) and the counter didn't move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's exactly the same than the quests you did in Legion during the Suramar campaign, where you had to connect the pillars in those caves around the map.

But yes, 8.3 is not looking good. I do hope that N'yalotha is a stellar raid, or it will be time to unsub.
    My sub ran out today, shortly before I finished opening all of 8.3 on my second character. Not resubbing until/unless my friends start yelling at me, or the Shadowlands pre-patch comes out (assuming I haven't lost all interest by then).

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    How long before they give up with retail and do Classic+?
    Hopefuly never. Classic+ would ruin both Retail and Classic.