Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are two sources of beams at the far right platform. Interacting with a pillar causes the beam there to rotate to connect to another pillar. You rotate the beams at the pillars so one goes across, then down the left side of the room, the other down the right side, then across, the room. Done.

The one that annoyed me was moving the statue. I thought maybe it had to be wedged into the door somehow, so I pushed it up the stairs and through the door. At that point it was lost, so I had to abandon the quest and restart.

I suspect the game is in for a very rough time before 9.0. Remember the big drop six months into 4.3, during Cataclysm? Like that, but a much larger percentage.
    So much for good quest design. But why should quests be good design if the devs want us to play raids?

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Crapped my pants at the "You have to fly a lot form Jade Forest" and "Walk for 3 minutes and then another 3. What the hell.
    Is there another portal to Pandaria? Please tell me if there is!
    3 mins walk: As I said when you kill the big guy for the main quest in Eternal Blossoms (in a huge area under the mountain, you walk under the zone from the middle till you're under The Veiled Stair and back).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I was already joking in my guild yesterday that Blizzard wanted to tell Bethesda "Hold my beer" and show who gets the more broken product out.
    But WoW doesn't have everything clipping through the world. I can agree on making a broken/balanced game lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

ITT: person to stupid to do puzzles and too lazy to fly complains

3+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense

Well, from my point of view good quest design is something that tells an ongoing story, with a lot of different game mechanics which are way more than collect x things or kill y monsters. I think the story in World of Warcraft is not that bad in questing regions, so probably the most smooth solution for endgame questing would just be to be able to replay questing regions either partially or fully, to allow character progression for casual gamers. Which includes regions of all the content WoW has to offer, not just endgame content. World quests itself are very limited, if you just have a few quests for one faction, people start to burn out very fast.

So the solution is easy: Let us replay quest regions on different difficulty levels with full endgame progression, with rewards that allow slow character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Takes like an hour to get to 400 item level on a toon now
    you can purchase 400 il gear for every slot except helm, shoulders, chest.
    Makes me wonder why all the AV dummies didnt just use crafted gear when they dinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Takes like an hour to get to 400 item level on a toon now
    i know, but I didn't bother to and realized my ilevel sucked when I was already halfway into the thing. Still did it as a healer. Took forever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exlex View Post
    The increased difficulty is actually refreshing. Dumbing up the game is actually what was ruing it before.
    What's more difficult as of 8.3? I haven't noticed a single thing other than physically finding rares or things to click. And that's certainly not what I'd file under difficulty.

Game have never had this many bugs that I have experienced last 5 days.

8.3 worse then PTR
    Danwo

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    what are you 5y old? or you suffer from some learning disorder? those scenarios are not difficult or hard in any meaning of those words...
    That was unnecessary, brother. You're a better man than that.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    Yes, and I still don't know how it was done. I really didn't understand that (and still don't).
    You click the button and it changes which direction the beam is going. Both of the beacons in front of the elevator console need to be lit. This is not in any way difficult.

Patch content is fine. Class design is still shit and 8.3 added nothing to increase player agency. Azerite traits, Essences, and Corrupted gear add nothing to the gameplay. Three strikes and you’re out.

How could we go from Artifact weapons and 10 swappable Legiondaries per class to this?

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    I think you're wrong on every count. The patch is amazing to me.
    . First--The elevators--pretty straightforward in what was happening and not confusing at all.
    . Second--The Mogushan scenario was hard? It was fine
    . The quests are very well done.
    . The 1% thing seems bad at first but it actually makes the whole thing last longer which is always a good thing to me. Besides that, you can kill elites, most of which are soloable, and even help in killing a rare or 2 .
    . Drop rates seem fine to me
    . Main quest finish-killing the Commander of the assault. Perfectly fine as well.
    . The travel is not all that bad
    . I love both of the zones. Uldum was always a favorite and so was Pandaria. I think they made great choices in picking them. The only thing missing is that Harrison Jones needs to make an appearance in Uldum.

Two hours to complete it? That's fine with me. It usually takes me more than that and I'm fine with it and kind of let down when it's over.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Keep it exactly like classic with added raids and content.
    I mean... retail is exactly that. Classic with added raids and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are two sources of beams at the far right platform. Interacting with a pillar causes the beam there to rotate to connect to another pillar. You rotate the beams at the pillars so one goes across, then down the left side of the room, the other down the right side, then across, the room. Done.

The one that annoyed me was moving the statue. I thought maybe it had to be wedged into the door somehow, so I pushed it up the stairs and through the door. At that point it was lost, so I had to abandon the quest and restart.

I suspect the game is in for a very rough time before 9.0. Remember the big drop six months into 4.3, during Cataclysm? Like that, but a much larger percentage.
    Right on with the beams. It's just like turning the mirrors to focus the light in a particular place. If you take too long, Magni calls on Mother for help and she does it for you.
    There is a highlighted square that clearly shows where the statue is supposed to go.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

most of the things you posted is total bullshit xd

like scenarios or travel times

Good Trolling :P

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I was right in the middle of the Vale zone, and a rare gave no credit. Same thing for a couple of elites for the 'kill X elites' quest - killed them (solo, so no tagging issues should've applied) and the counter didn't move.
    even with that happening, it is still a piece of piss to do. especially considering that you don't actually have to do it in 1 day which i think people forget

Quote Originally Posted by Danwo View Post
    Game have never had this many bugs that I have experienced last 5 days.

8.3 worse then PTR
    I haven't encountered a single bug.
    The rares only count if they are in the outlined area--and--if you have not killed them before in the last 24 hours. That's working as intended.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trash expansion has a garbage patch.

Sounds good
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/