Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Deduct 500 rio from rogues/dhs score = Accurate

    you guys fed up of not knowing if a rogue or dh is good? Been using this theory for a while, deduct 500 rio off a rogues or dhs score and you have an accurate reflection of there skill level.

    Why is this i hear you ask? think about it, every rogue and dh get an instant invite to every party, imagine getting an invite to every party and still not being able to do a 19 in time, what does that tell you? same goes the other way too, spriest hunter boomie warlock etc 2.1k are the equivalent to a 2600 dh skill level.

    Your welcome!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    you guys fed up of not knowing if a rogue or dh is good? Been using this theory for a while, deduct 500 rio off a rogues or dhs score and you have an accurate reflection of there skill level.

    Why is this i hear you ask? think about it, every rogue and dh get an instant invite to every party, imagine getting an invite to every party and still not being able to do a 19 in time, what does that tell you? same goes the other way too, spriest hunter boomie warlock etc 2.1k are the equivalent to a 2600 dh skill level.

    Your welcome!
    so you take rio, which is not accurate reflection of skill at all, deduct randomly chosen number and get an accurate reflection of skill? i dont think so

  3. #3
    its a reflection of experience, which in m+ pushing experience / skill is the same thing

    There is no real skill involved in pve, its just knowledge, skill is in pvp, someone who has experience in higher keys is more "skilled" in pve

    I dont pvp btw im not very good at it before you write me off as one of these pvp know it alls that thinks pve is easy.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    imagine getting an invite to every party and still not being able to do a 19 in time, what does that tell you?
    That you're representing an elitist point of view intent on demeaning other players through a system you both despise and blindly rely on.

    r.io, like any one-number metric, is an oversimplification of a complex set of variables - and that is by design. It was never meant to be an accurate reflection of what you are so casually referring to as "skill" (but which is really an incredibly difficult thing to define let alone put into a single number) but instead is intended to present a workable solution to increasing the expected value of PUG members. It works off of averages, not absolutes, and is subject to numerous biases. Class imbalance is just one of them.

    But whatever the workings of r.io, phrasing it the way you did says little about the state of Rogues and DHs, but a lot about your state of mind. How about you link your own r.io profile, so we can make sure not to group with you.

  5. #5
    You shouldn't expect a class that is good on paper to show big numbers in the required situation. Playing a good class doesn't make the player themselves good, in fact more bad players flock to Rogues and DHs because they do big numbers and the latter is especially braindead to play.

  6. #6
    Numbers are randomish but you are right in the sense that rogue RIO can not be trusted

  7. #7
    Might want to check how many runs people have done on higher keys instead of just score.
    Hi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    You shouldn't expect a class that is good on paper to show big numbers in the required situation. Playing a good class doesn't make the player themselves good, in fact more bad players flock to Rogues and DHs because they do big numbers and the latter is especially braindead to play.
    100%, i see this all the time, 2200 rogues and dh that are below casters in interupts, seen a 2200 dh run waycrest manor the other day with literally 0 uses of his aoe stun.

    I play a level where more is needed than just numbers, thats where the theory of deduct 500 rio has become incredibly accurate, doing stuff requiring 2k? you gonna need a 2.5k rogue/dh, them guys wont just tunnel/pad meters where a 2k rogue/dh will, in my experience.

    - - - Updated - - -

    buddy, these guys have a free pass to every party they want because of the class, if they are unable to succeed in high keys (where you cannot be carried) this strongly points towards them being the problem.

    Sure you will get parties where other ppl suck, but if a rogue/dh can never push above 2200 something is wrong with them imo.

    The real good dhs/rogues are already 3700

  9. #9
    for the millionth time. rio score is a reflection of experience, not skill or dps.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That you're representing an elitist point of view intent on demeaning other players through a system you both despise and blindly rely on.

    r.io, like any one-number metric, is an oversimplification of a complex set of variables - and that is by design. It was never meant to be an accurate reflection of what you are so casually referring to as "skill" (but which is really an incredibly difficult thing to define let alone put into a single number) but instead is intended to present a workable solution to increasing the expected value of PUG members. It works off of averages, not absolutes, and is subject to numerous biases. Class imbalance is just one of them.

    But whatever the workings of r.io, phrasing it the way you did says little about the state of Rogues and DHs, but a lot about your state of mind. How about you link your own r.io profile, so we can make sure not to group with you.
    this response was meant for you:

    buddy, these guys have a free pass to every party they want because of the class, if they are unable to succeed in high keys (where you cannot be carried) this strongly points towards them being the problem.

    Sure you will get parties where other ppl suck, but if a rogue/dh can never push above 2200 something is wrong with them imo.

    The real good dhs/rogues are already 3700

    Nothing about what i have written is untrue, if you dont like it becuase you play a dh/rogue then that sucks! but its still the truth bro, maybe try playing the game with meters disabled and focus on shit like interupts/defensives etc (what actually makes dhs and rogues meta) and you will go higher in rio

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    for the millionth time. rio score is a reflection of experience, not skill or dps.
    I 100% agree, i say skill as thats what people call it, its really experience, there is very little skill required in m+ basically the more you play the more "skilled" you get (knowledgable). rogues and dhs can go straight to 2200 rio without much experience due to there class utilities, which often is the case they do not even use... hence my point and why deducting 500 rio in my experience since i have used it has been incredibly accurate.

    What rio would you say a dh/rogue is worth that just pads meters, doesnt use darkness, doesnt use tricks doesnt pay attention to interupts? id say 1700 but we are finding these guys at 2200? see my point?
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2020-01-20 at 01:01 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    There is no real skill involved in pve, its just knowledge, skill is in pvp, someone who has experience in higher keys is more "skilled" in pve
    Possibly the biggest load of bullshit being spat on this forum. There is a vast difference in player performance given the same amount of experience. The only thing that attributes to is skill, and whether skill is pressing buttons quickly or learning from experience is a different discussion.

    But yes, RIO only lists your experience and can not be directly attributed to skill in any way.

  12. #12
    Imagine taking rio as an indication of anything accurate bahaha. Same shit as gearscore

    Bad player + high rio = bad player

    You caan subtract as much as you like. It still won't indicate anything good.

  13. #13
    I dont trust people who dont know the difference between your and you're.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    its a reflection of experience, which in m+ pushing experience / skill is the same thing

    There is no real skill involved in pve, its just knowledge, skill is in pvp, someone who has experience in higher keys is more "skilled" in pve
    If rio is a reflection of experience/knowledge and not skill, and rogue/dhs have then experienced up to a certain rio level, how exactly does removing said experience make sense again?

  15. #15
    Just don't invite rogues and DH, Problem solved.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    If rio is a reflection of experience/knowledge and not skill, and rogue/dhs have then experienced up to a certain rio level, how exactly does removing said experience make sense again?
    Because they are boosted up to a certain level. instantly invited to every party.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Imagine taking rio as an indication of anything accurate bahaha. Same shit as gearscore

    Bad player + high rio = bad player

    You caan subtract as much as you like. It still won't indicate anything good.
    The point is bad players will only go so high, you wont see a bad 3k player, you might see a 3k player that feels like cheesing that run but make no mistake they know what to do and are choosing not to maybe because the level is below there pay grade so to speak. 2200 bad players dont know the difference and actually think they are contributing.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Because they are boosted up to a certain level. instantly invited to every party.
    But they still completed the dungeon at that level, thus gained the experience necessary for the rio score. And since, per your own admission, rio only judges experience/knowledge, they have successfully obtained both of those at that dungeon level.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    But they still completed the dungeon at that level, thus gained the experience necessary for the rio score. And since, per your own admission, rio only judges experience/knowledge, they have successfully obtained both of those at that dungeon level.
    They completed the dungeon without using the utilities they were invited to, the utilities that are needed in the next level.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Because they are boosted up to a certain level. instantly invited to every party.
    How long have you played a DH and a rogue both, and been instantly invited to every party? I'm willing to bet you haven't, and confuse your beliefs with reality.

    If you've actually been in that situation, I'd like to know your secret, because my DH certainly isn't instantly invited everywhere.
    If you haven't actually been in that situation and are just crying because you have a hard time getting invited, well, tough luck.

    I'm not denying that some fotm classes get more easily invited, but your claims are simply preposterous, and show either a strong lack of knowledge of the M+ scene, or just plain bad faith.

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    you guys fed up of not knowing if a rogue or dh is good? Been using this theory for a while, deduct 500 rio off a rogues or dhs score and you have an accurate reflection of there skill level.

    Why is this i hear you ask? think about it, every rogue and dh get an instant invite to every party, imagine getting an invite to every party and still not being able to do a 19 in time, what does that tell you? same goes the other way too, spriest hunter boomie warlock etc 2.1k are the equivalent to a 2600 dh skill level.

    Your welcome!
    I cut their rank in half, ends up being more accurate imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •