Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    i was 2000 4 months ago bro, healing 19s in 436 ilvl 2 essence, i got bored and quit, came back like 2 weeks ago and got another 100 score without trying

My buddies from legion are like top 10 world in the classes they playing, i am on that kind of level when i try like i was back in legion.
    Sounds even more like your Buddies carried you. *laugh*
    I´m not sure, is that supposed to be Bragging, or are you intentionally wording it like you get Carried by Friends and dont get it?

I dont want to say you do, but it sure as hell sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Sounds even more like your Buddies carried you. *laugh*
    I´m not sure, is that supposed to be Bragging, or are you intentionally wording it like you get Carried by Friends and dont get it?

I dont want to say you do, but it sure as hell sounds like it.
    no, they were similar ilvl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Except it's not. First, I have a 445 ilvl Rogue and I do not get auto invites to groups. Second, my Rio score is much lower than my skill because I only do one 10+ m+ a week. Raider io is a horrible measure of skill because it's limited by how good the whole group is. If your tank cant survive, or your healer sucks, youre not gonna pass the key and it reflects bad on you showing you failed the key.
    The dps play a huge part in how much there is to heal, if the dps do there job properly and control the mobs there is very very little to heal in near every single dungeon, thats why you see top level rdruids in insane catweave builds pulling 20-30k overall dps. they dont pull that damage while spam healing constant fails.

Sucky tanks cant be helped, but sucky healers should almost never be an issue if the dps is actually doing what they can to help the control /damage limitation of the run, top level players do not even need a heal they can keep themselves alive without one in most cases.

example: Just this week i failed on td last boss with a newish guildie healer, i took a volcanic up the arse and he saved me with a heal but didnt have the power to heal himself so died, he then said "sorry, i suck" that wasnt his fault that was fully my fault for taking that unnecessary damage that put pressure on him, if i didnt take that volcanic i have no doubt he would of had the healing to save himself from the passive aoe.

Whenever i go temple the amount of mellee that take cleave damage on the trash is insane, just standing there eating the cleaves thinking it cant be avoided obliviously being carried by the healer. sometimes il catweve in there and if i am il ignore the damage they take, when they die every time they turn round and say "wheres my heals" "why are you dpsing when we are dieing" no the question is why the fuck are you eating avoidable damage.. scrubs.

i know bud, well there is nothing to do currently so i figured id piss a few dhs and rogues off
    Too obvious, won't work

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Too obvious, won't work
    they will be pissed off in the new season when i decline them for not being 500 rio above what im asking for every other class

raider IO is a crock of shit. i didn't care much for m+ when i was playing so i would only do one +10 a week for the chest. my IO sucked, but i was a far better player than many of the people doubling my IO score. *granted my score was like 900 lol*

do i have proof of any of this? nope. but like trump says "believe me, believe me"

but seriously, IO and the culture surrounding M+ made me quit the game.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Do people actually care about this rio thing? It shows nothing but how much time you´ve put into some dungeons.
    At this point, saying things like this just seems silly. Of course people care about how many times you did a dungeon. If you have to pick between someone who finished a dungeon on a 15 100 times and someone who finished one in time once or none at all, who would you pick?
    Did you ever hear of "practice makes perfect"? There's a reason for it.

My score must be like in the negatives, have done one so far at the start of bfa for a quest lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    raider IO is a crock of shit. i didn't care much for m+ when i was playing so i would only do one +10 a week for the chest. my IO sucked, but i was a far better player than many of the people doubling my IO score. *granted my score was like 900 lol*

do i have proof of any of this? nope. but like trump says "believe me, believe me".
    Well, but that's the thing. I don't know you. You're saying that you're better with a 900 rio than a lot of 1800 rios.
    This statement implies that there may be those at 900 rio that are worse than those at 450 rio.
    So, not knowing any of you, should I take someone with 900 rio or someone with 1800 rio? Who has a higher chance to give me a better outcome?

Besides, you're telling me you're super good at stunning and interrupting, coordinating with your team, surviving high damage when you've never seen the bosses on high keys. So basically, you're sure it won't happen for you to say "Oh, I didn't know he did that, he usually dies before we get that mechanic". Or say "Ah, didn't know he'd hit that hard, didn't use a CD". I just don't think it's possible, I think someone who's actually seen the dungeons a few times has increased chances to do better than someone who's never seen it. At 10 you can ignore all mechanics and make mistakes and no one would care or notice.

imagine getting an invite to every party and still not being able to do a 19 in time
    Imagine being this much of a prick and caring about keys higher than the weekly cache... M+ is the 2nd worst part of this game behind battlegrounds. Get over yourself you elitist moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys fed up of not knowing if a rogue or dh is good? Been using this theory for a while, deduct 500 rio off a rogues or dhs score and you have an accurate reflection of there skill level.

Why is this i hear you ask? think about it, every rogue and dh get an instant invite to every party, imagine getting an invite to every party and still not being able to do a 19 in time, what does that tell you? same goes the other way too, spriest hunter boomie warlock etc 2.1k are the equivalent to a 2600 dh skill level.

Your welcome!
    I dont know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you. If you are as good as you pretend to be you should be able to singlehandedly carry a whole group. But the reality is YOU are the one being carried, and you are butthurt that they aren't doing it fast enough so you have to lash out at other classes that you are incapable of playing.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when you take a very partial, incomplete piece of data (r.io, in this case) and want to turn it into WoW gospel. It isn't going to work.

That being said, it's ridiculous how much utility rogues and DHs have, without any real drawback - and Devs have failed to bring them in line. They are even adding Shroud as a game mechanics in S4 because they couldn't come with anything better LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will be pissed off in the new season when i decline them for not being 500 rio above what im asking for every other class
    If they get 'instant' invites from everyone else, then you aren't going to matter... Besides, they wont want to carry you anyway.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    My score must be like in the negatives, have done one so far at the start of bfa for a quest lol
    Your score would be 0 because m+ r.io score is reset each season (but it will show what score you received in previous season if you did any).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Might want to check how many runs people have done on higher keys instead of just score.
    please dont tell people ma secretssss lol, now I'll never get into groups

OT: I've witnessed some of the worst players ever with high io, it's only a good tool if you use it wisely

.. and because I'm a slack ass MOFO, I almost never run groups because of this - So I pretty much don't have any say I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    If they get 'instant' invites from everyone else, then you aren't going to matter... Besides, they wont want to carry you anyway.
    my groups will be more successful because there wont be any braindead boosted rogues/dhs in my party

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post

do i have proof of any of this? nope. but like trump says "believe me, believe me"

but seriously, IO and the culture surrounding M+ made me quit the game.
    900 isn't a bad score at all.

The big issue is the game itself now has gear inflation. This season when the bonus m0 dungeon event comes around we'll be getting 460 ilvl (heroic raid lvl) gear from the cache. Same I think from Heroic Darkshore warfront.

This introduces a lot of players into the 'heroic raid tier gear lvl' than wayyyy back previously in much older expansions where there wasn't as many ways to get gear. This is how we get instances of people running higher lvl keys and then they don't know the dungeon's base mechanics for its boss fights.

So R.iO is kinda a way to cut down on those sorts of players who are simply trying to use their excessive easy mode obtained gear to get carried in higher keys.

It doesn't ALWAYS work though, as we also have people selling carries for keys so someone can bump up their numbers and still be newb, but this is far more rare than the game itself awarding normal-heroic raid lvl gear for doing content that is equivalent to LFR (m0, heroic warfronts, timewalking).

It's kinda weird when you think about it. Ofc it would take someone many months to get to that point compared to a consistent m+ runner or raider, but as we head into the end of a season it just becomes more prevalent.

The short of it is, it's always better to run with people you have fun with to progress, and make your own groups to select those who you want to run with to avoid any toxic/elitist/or completely unprepared for this difficulty players.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's what happens when you take a very partial, incomplete piece of data (r.io, in this case) and want to turn it into WoW gospel. It isn't going to work.

That being said, it's ridiculous how much utility rogues and DHs have, without any real drawback - and Devs have failed to bring them in line. They are even adding Shroud as a game mechanics in S4 because they couldn't come with anything better LOL.
    They should add something so we can all be DH's, like kill an elite then you smash your face on the keyboard and every ability you have cleaves all mobs just like a DH then you look pro on the dps meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    my groups will be more successful because there wont be any braindead boosted rogues/dhs in my party
    Then you are happy, and they are happy... and you ultimately wasted your time here... now run along so you can be carried again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    I dont trust people who dont know the difference between your and you're.
    Or there and their?

OP wants to shit on player skill but cannot grammar his way out of a paper bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    900 isn't a bad score at all.

The big issue is the game itself now has gear inflation. This season when the bonus m0 dungeon event comes around we'll be getting 460 ilvl (heroic raid lvl) gear from the cache. Same I think from Heroic Darkshore warfront.

This introduces a lot of players into the 'heroic raid tier gear lvl' than wayyyy back previously in much older expansions where there wasn't as many ways to get gear. This is how we get instances of people running higher lvl keys and then they don't know the dungeon's base mechanics for its boss fights.

So R.iO is kinda a way to cut down on those sorts of players who are simply trying to use their excessive easy mode obtained gear to get carried in higher keys.

It doesn't ALWAYS work though, as we also have people selling carries for keys so someone can bump up their numbers and still be newb, but this is far more rare than the game itself awarding normal-heroic raid lvl gear for doing content that is equivalent to LFR (m0, heroic warfronts, timewalking).

It's kinda weird when you think about it. Ofc it would take someone many months to get to that point compared to a consistent m+ runner or raider, but as we head into the end of a season it just becomes more prevalent.

The short of it is, it's always better to run with people you have fun with to progress, and make your own groups to select those who you want to run with to avoid any toxic/elitist/or completely unprepared for this difficulty players.
    I agree with what you're saying Boss Pennem but just a heads up though, ending a 6 month season with 900 io may be a bit of a stretch saying it's a GOOD score though

- Post Season, sure - but most should have 1k - 1.1k by the end of a 6 month season IMO
    - Keys are easier at 11-14 because the people running them are likely not being carried (Most carry at 10 because it gets them loot and you can literally have people afk) meaning you really want 1,100 io + if you can help it (take the L on the hard dungeons, but go HAM on the easy ones like Freehold, get the highest speed highest key you can get so that it outweighs that bad dungeon)
    - Again I agree that 900 isn't BAD, but you have to admit that it's not GREAT either <3

- - - Updated - - -

Also wanted to clarify - it USED to be 10 for the highest loot, it's NOW (season 4 BFA) 15 for the highest end of week loot chest btw