View Poll Results: Did you like major class changes in patches?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want the major class changes back

19 63.33%
  • I think patches should stay how they are now

7 23.33%
  • Doesn't bother me at all

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's too early to tell, but the bare bones preview we got compared to previous expansion announcements doesn't leave much room for optimism.
    I'm very optimistic, I've wanted a fix everything expansion for a long time - it bodes well for the game's future that they want to bring it into the next decade as opposed to just adding the new shiny thing that will get boring for most people after 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm very optimistic, I've wanted a fix everything expansion for a long time - it bodes well for the game's future that they want to bring it into the next decade as opposed to just adding the new shiny thing that will get boring for most people after 2 weeks
    The problem with a "fix everything" scenario is, they've devoted time to it before, and there's never a permanent fix or even a guarantee it'll be fixed this time or for very long. In 15 years, there have been brief times when classes were at optimum play and universally enjoyed. They're always fine tuning and retooling but there's never a permanent fix. It's just the nature of the beast, but when you forsake new content to fix what's technically in the eyes of the fickle "always broken", then what are you sacrificing for over the long haul? A new class is a good hook and adds replay value. Most players who don't play like elitist jerks don't care about whether or not every mage spec has frostbolt, the ret paladin rotation or the state of the elemental shaman, but if they're going this route, than those advocating for a "fix everything" expansion better hold Blizzard accountable for it if classes aren't in the best state of play they've ever been in Shadolands because there will be no room for excuses then. We'll have nothing new, same shit, slightly tweaked, and egg on our faces.