1. #19981
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    So am I. Our leader sucks too, but at least he isn't an incompetent moron like orange-face. ScoMo is just a back-stabbing (he wasn't voted in) religious pawn.
    When was the last time we had a PM who hadn't backstabber a previous leader?

  2. #19982
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    So am I. Our leader sucks too, but at least he isn't an incompetent moron like orange-face. ScoMo is just a back-stabbing (he wasn't voted in) religious pawn.
    Nah, ScoMo's an incompetent moron. I genuinely don't know whether I'd prefer to have Trump or ScoMo in the White House. ScoMo's a colossal fuckwit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    When was the last time we had a PM who hadn't backstabber a previous leader?
    Abbott? Won't lie; I'd prefer Abbott to Scotty.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  3. #19983
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Nah, ScoMo's an incompetent moron. I genuinely don't know whether I'd prefer to have Trump or ScoMo in the White House. ScoMo's a colossal fuckwit.



    Abbott? Won't lie; I'd prefer Abbott to Scotty.
    Abbott! He was a borderline religious zealot. I'm glad that he's no longer infecting Australia with his smut.

    Back on topic now; is there any word on a cure to the Chinese-born pathogen Covid-19, or is the world going to have to suffer for who-knows how much longer?

  4. #19984
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Abbott? Won't lie; I'd prefer Abbott to Scotty.
    Abbott was Australia's Donald Trump.

  5. #19985
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Trump should be praised for conquering COVID. Not shamed
    Jared? Is that you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #19986
    Coronavirus news:

    Fuck the Netherlands. its going belly up. 5000 new cases.. Daily... tomorrow it will be 6000 cases.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  7. #19987
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,052
    Seems like my country is now striking back at China as a revenge against the virus. They are planning to ban huwaei (like us) as the 1.st EU country.

  8. #19988
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Coronavirus news:

    Fuck the Netherlands. its going belly up. 5000 new cases.. Daily... tomorrow it will be 6000 cases.
    Values are rising in Germany too, so is the % age of positive tests. (at 1.64% now).
    For the first time in a long while: I concur that we have a second wave happening.
    Entirely expected though, it's October, a new corona season is beginning.

  9. #19989
    Warchief Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Values are rising in Germany too,
    Rising everywhere in Europe... By a lot .

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    For the first time in a long while: I concur that we have a second wave happening.
    Basicly its a continuation of the 1st wave, its more like a resurgence of the 1st wave then a 2nd wave.

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Entirely expected though, it's October, a new corona season is beginning.
    The virus already gave evidences that it isn't seasonal.

  10. #19990
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Basicly its a continuation of the 1st wave, its more like a resurgence of the 1st wave then a 2nd wave.
    Yes, a 2nd peak to quote Dr. Ryan - but the semantics of 2nd peak, 2nd wave doesn't matter that much.

    https://cnnphilippines.com/world/202...ronavirus.html

    (No idea why search found it there.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The virus already gave evidences that it isn't seasonal.
    It's not too seasonal - but there indications that there is some weather influence, and people get lax after awhile.

  11. #19991
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Coronavirus news:

    Fuck the Netherlands. its going belly up. 5000 new cases.. Daily... tomorrow it will be 6000 cases.
    Far too stubborn of a people to even wear masks at work to be honest. Far too busy arguing how unhealthy masks are of how little it makes a difference

    Belgium further closing things down once more also, i honestly don't think the small Café's are going to survive this crisis very few will. Flanders maybe with enough financial backing if they were already in the green but those in the red aren't going to survive another year of this.

    Meanwhile Brussels government really doesn't know what to do besides mirroring Paris. Let's close down bars and pubs but let's host a 11K (now 7K) international football match, cause professional sport falls under different guidelines

  12. #19992
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/florid...0-seat-stadium

    Doesn't need to be said but...

    Don't go to sporting events in Florida. Even at reduced capacity. Ignore Ron DeSantis, he's just trying to pad his kill count.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The outbreak in Wisconsin is bad, they're opening a field hospital to handle cases - https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...2bb121b6d58a5d

    Wisconsin health officials announced Wednesday that a field hospital will open next week at the state fairgrounds near Milwaukee as a surge in COVID-19 cases threatens to overwhelm hospitals.

    Wisconsin has become a hot spot for the disease over the last month, ranking third nationwide this week in new cases per capita over the last two weeks. Health experts have attributed the spike to the reopening of colleges and K-12 schools as well as general fatigue over wearing masks and socially distancing.

    State Department of Health Services Secretary Andrea Palm told reporters during a video conference that the facility will open on Oct. 14.

    “We hoped this day wouldn’t come, but unfortunately, Wisconsin is in a much different, more dire place today and our healthcare systems are beginning to become overwhelmed by the surge of COVID-19 cases,” Democratic Gov. Tony Evers said in a statement. “This alternative care facility will take some of the pressure off our healthcare facilities while expanding the continuum of care for folks who have COVID-19.”
    Wear your masks. Socially distance. Stay safe.

  13. #19993
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Far too stubborn of a people to even wear masks at work to be honest. Far too busy arguing how unhealthy masks are of how little it makes a difference

    Belgium further closing things down once more also, i honestly don't think the small Café's are going to survive this crisis very few will. Flanders maybe with enough financial backing if they were already in the green but those in the red aren't going to survive another year of this.

    Meanwhile Brussels government really doesn't know what to do besides mirroring Paris. Let's close down bars and pubs but let's host a 11K (now 7K) international football match, cause professional sport falls under different guidelines
    My boss wanted me to come work.. I told him.. not in the words I will now use, to Fuck off, and that im at risk of actually dying. Got fired for that.

    It's scary how many dutchies just ignore it and call it a hoax or just a slightly stronger flu.

    I went off at a youtube vid (vid itself is quite good, young fella tellling people to take it seriously) comment section. I explained that Corona does damage your lungs and even your heart more then the flu will do. (Heart muscle related flu complications are.. quite rare.... However with Corona it seems to be a far higher chance for that). All in all, its super frustrating.
    Last edited by Fuiking; 2020-10-07 at 09:59 PM.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  14. #19994
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    My boss wanted me to come work.. I told him.. not in the words I will now use, to Fuck off, and that im at risk of actually dying. Got fired for that.

    It's scary how many dutchies just ignore it and call it a hoax or just a slightly stronger flu.

    I went off at a youtube vid (vid itself is quite good, young fella tellling people to take it seriously) comment section. I explained that Corona does damage your lungs and even your heart more then the flu will do. (Heart muscle related flu complications are.. quite rare.... However with Corona it seems to be a far higher chance for that). All in all, its super frustrating.
    h1n1 is more dangerous than covid19 and yet we didn’t shutdown countries for it, we didnt close schools or mandatory masks and we barley felt it existed although it infected 2 billions in 2009 why do you think this happened???

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...u6B2G07kVem8vY This was in 2009.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-10-07 at 10:55 PM.

  15. #19995
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    h1n1 is more dangerous than covid19 and yet we didn’t shutdown countries for it, we didnt close schools or mandatory masks and we barley felt it existed although it infected 2 billions in 2009 why do you think this happened???
    What the actual fuck. This is just plain wrong.

    And your link is broken.

    I give this troll attempt a 2/10.

    EDIT: Your fixed link is an article from 2009 talking about an estimate of how many might become infected. Later estimates, once the pandemic had passed, suggest around 250k deaths and 1 billion cases.

    We're at over 1 million confirmed deaths and 36 million cases so far (though it's probably more like 1.5 million actual deaths and 250 million actual cases).
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-10-07 at 11:06 PM.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  16. #19996
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,549
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    h1n1 is more dangerous than covid19 and yet we didn’t shutdown countries for it, we didnt close schools or mandatory masks and we barley felt it existed although it infected 2 billions in 2009 why do you think this happened???

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...u6B2G07kVem8vY This was in 2009.
    From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

    Covid 19
    7.5 million confirmed cases and 200k+ deaths
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ses_totalcases

    Your math is off a little.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  17. #19997
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

    Covid 19
    7.5 million confirmed cases and 200k+ deaths
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ses_totalcases

    Your math is off a little.
    yes thanks i expected someone to correct me >.......>

  18. #19998
    Merely a Setback breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    25,737
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    h1n1 is more dangerous than covid19 and yet we didn’t shutdown countries for it, we didnt close schools or mandatory masks and we barley felt it existed although it infected 2 billions in 2009 why do you think this happened???

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...u6B2G07kVem8vY This was in 2009.
    your not even trying.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  19. #19999
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    My boss wanted me to come work.. I told him.. not in the words I will now use, to Fuck off, and that im at risk of actually dying. Got fired for that.

    It's scary how many dutchies just ignore it and call it a hoax or just a slightly stronger flu.

    I went off at a youtube vid (vid itself is quite good, young fella tellling people to take it seriously) comment section. I explained that Corona does damage your lungs and even your heart more then the flu will do. (Heart muscle related flu complications are.. quite rare.... However with Corona it seems to be a far higher chance for that). All in all, its super frustrating.
    sounds like your boss(former now) needs to be Sued.
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias
    "I believe in honor but when it comes to war i will do whatever it takes to protect or save my family" -General Zanjin

  20. #20000
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    My boss wanted me to come work.. I told him.. not in the words I will now use, to Fuck off, and that im at risk of actually dying. Got fired for that.
    And rightly so.
    If you are indeed a high risk patient, you need to see medical personnel and get them to to exclude you from work. Your normal doctor won't be enough you'd need a public medical officer to do so.

    I am in a risk group too, yet I would never refuse to go to work w/o the input of medical professionals.

    As for C19 being a bit more of a flu: that is actually correct. For young and healthy people it is. Research on complications and long term effects is still ongoing but these can happen with any viral infection. Of course, now that we have put a giant microscope & spotlight on one particular infection, we see a lot more of the ugly than we do with other illnesses, simply because we never really cared to investigate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •