Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I love how here in poland our gov outright forbids the testing and reduces amount of tests as much as possible and we still get more and more cases everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Apparently Europe has hit 100,000 new cases in a single day for the first time. Yeah, the second wave has arrived.
    How can 2nd wave arrive when 1st one never ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I love how here in poland our gov outright forbids the testing and reduces amount of tests as much as possible and we still get more and more cases everyday.
    Sounds like your government is taking hints from Trump.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Sweden is still the worse out of all the Nordic Countries.

Sweden is more populated than the other countries. In Iceland's case, some 10 million more and like 5 million more for Denmark, Norway and Finland.

That graph has two big issues, first Sweden is more populated than the other Nordic Countries, and secondly Sweden deliberately scaled back testing during the spring (whereas Denmark has been testing a lot).

Using reported deaths per million gives more realistic estimates, as all Nordic countries are fairly good at finding covid-deaths; which gives Sweden 582, Denmark 115, Finland 62, Norway 51, Iceland 29, Greenland 0.
    However, we are seeing rising number of cases in all countries again so all numbers could go up as the pandemic is far from over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    How can 2nd wave arrive when 1st one never ended?
    You might call it a 2nd peak (of the 1st wave) instead as Dr. Ryan from WHO does.

However, he also notices that it hardly matters what you call it, what matters is how you deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Meanwhile over in Sweden this week, who never stopped the partying, why bother to flatten the first curve if all it means is you get rewarded with a 2nd,3rd,4th,5th...

That's hardly a correct description.

Sweden had lighter restrictions than most other countries, and still has basically the same restrictions and seems likely to continue with those restrictions for perhaps another year. Most tend to ignore the latter part.

France, Spain, and uk had much harder restrictions initially, and not only lifted them but at least uk and France then reversed policies to have what would best be called anti-lockdown measures, and then have to reverse policies again.

Having such back-and-forth reactive handling doesn't seem ideal and is hardly a strategy, but trying to switch to "Swedish strategy" in other countries seems like a really bad idea, as it's both yet another change and it also seems unlikely to work as many would interpret it incorrectly.

I do not know how many time we have to beat this dead horse, yes Sweden did do lots of mistake in the begining, like not put peopel who wisit Italy in quarantine, failur to enforce routines in retirement homes etc But that do not invalidate the Swedish tactic becuse it did work after it was properd implemented.
    Last edited by Fantomen; 2020-10-10 at 07:11 PM.

Dont follow the Netherlands.. its becoming a shithole filled with covid19.

The Florida of the EU
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yeah really. I find myself trying to hold it in sometimes just so people don't start suspecting me as a Covidite.
    Are you certain you don't? Did you get tested? If not you're being incredibly irresponsible being out in public and people should look at you suspiciously. In fact they have no way of knowing you've been tested if you have so it's perfectly reasonable for people to react that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Are you certain you don't? Did you get tested? If not you're being incredibly irresponsible being out in public and people should look at you suspiciously.
    Some of us normally cough a bit after eating salty food, like french fries, and coughing is also a natural reaction to pollutants like smoke.

If a few coughs in those situations is the only "symptom" consistent with covid-19 then getting tested is actually a bit irresponsible, since you don't have any real symptoms and testing capacity is limited in many countries. Most people you meet don't know whether you have been coughing the entire day or just that time, and thus cannot judge it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah really. I find myself trying to hold it in sometimes just so people don't start suspecting me as a Covidite.
    Holding it in isn't ideal (at least not for long). The cough is usually intended to get rid off something bad in the airways, and you clearly don't want that bad stuff there.

Obviously cover you mouth with your elbow when coughing etc.

To use Benggauls terminology for Florida:

Fuck the Netherlands. 6.5k new cases past 24hours, rise of nearly a 1000... With lockdown shit in place.. but most of Europe is getting super angry and hateful towards the dutch..
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

I was trying to do the same thing at first, but I can't hold in a sneeze. At best, I can sort of clamp down on it and try to stop it, but then all that happens is it comes out as this awkward noise that sounds like a 1000% volume fart.

I don't bother with that anymore. I figure between wearing my mask and still covering with my sleeve just out of habit, I'm fine. As for anyone else...I'd probably wonder what's up if you're walking around hacking your lungs up, but the occasional throat clearing or sneeze isn't something that's going to worry me as long as we're distanced/mask wearing/you're otherwise not doing it in my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    To use Benggauls terminology for Florida:

Fuck the Netherlands. 6.5k new cases past 24hours, rise of nearly a 1000... With lockdown shit in place.. but most of Europe is getting super angry and hateful towards the dutch..
    That doesn't accurately represent the situation in the Netherlands.

It's worse.

While the number of reported cases have risen, the positive rate for tests have also risen to 12% (anything above 5% is bad) and similarly the number of tests per capita is small compared to the rest of western Europe - https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing
    That indicates that they (similarly as the UK) still are limited in terms of testing.

The Netherlands reported 6,214 deaths Mar 16th-Sep 6th, but there were 8,997 excess deaths - indicating that the true deaths are about 45% higher than reported, meaning more deaths per capita than nearby France. (There has since been about 300 reported deaths, and there are currently about 15 per day but I would expect that number to rise in the coming days); https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ross-countries
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-10-10 at 04:34 PM.

Well shit. One of my brothers friends got corvid, now i hope i didnt get it from him . But i did keep away from him quite a lot tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Sweden is more populated than the other countries. In Iceland's case, some 10 million more and like 5 million more for Denmark, Norway and Finland.
    Sweden is also much less densely populated then Denmark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Sounds like your government is taking hints from Trump.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-11 at 12:16 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Depending on how you count Denmark has a population density of 3 to 137 persons per km2, so either larger or smaller than Sweden.

The reason for the large variation for Denmark is that Greenland is sort of part of Denmark. Obviously this is sort of ridiculous as the large ice-masses of Greenland are irrelevant for the spread of the virus, but it highlights that the average population density for a country isn't the most relevant measure.

Frankfurt is under a curfew at the moment. No going out after 10pm or something like that.

Where is that damn vaccine....

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Frankfurt is under a curfew at the moment. No going out after 10pm or something like that.
    What a pointless thing to do. Is SARS-CoV-2 night active now or what?
    Dear God these idiot politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What a pointless thing to do. Is SARS-CoV-2 night active now or what?
    Dear God these idiot politicians.
    It's not pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Depending on how you count Denmark has a population density of 3 to 137 persons per km2, so either larger or smaller than Sweden.
    They are more dense then other Sweden by a huge margin.

average population density for a country isn't the most relevant measure.
    Then neither is population.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Field Marshal
    Population density of a country is useless.
    Last edited by Flathet; 2020-10-11 at 09:47 AM.

It's not pointless.
    If course it is pointless, the virus does not behave any differently past 22:00 and not every person going out at that time is a drunken idiot!

For f**** sake people are willing to accept anything in their deluded fear of this bug!