Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, everyone? Because even mild cases of the disease can result in neurological damage the long term effects of which we are not aware of.

Y'all made a bad call on the response to COVID because you got conned by politicians that put their careers ahead of public safety and now are trying to save face by pretending the consequences aren't actually as severe as they have been so you don't have to admit to being conned. It's a really tired and dishonest strategy, so please drop it.
    No it's more accepting the reality of the situation. The time to actively prevent the spread was January by shutting down all forgien travel. At this point the precautions are akin to trying to man the walls after the fort has fallen. You can but there isn't a point to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    No it's more accepting the reality of the situation. The time to actively prevent the spread was January by shutting down all forgien travel. At this point the precautions are akin to trying to man the walls after the fort has fallen. You can but there isn't a point to it.
    The virus was in the U.S. as early as December 2019.

Don't put your ignorance on display like that, it's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The virus was in the U.S. as early as December 2019.

Don't put your ignorance on display like that, it's embarrassing.
    You should read what is written.

There definitely is a point to it, it's not too late to enforce rules to prevent the spread the coronavirus.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would I?

I made it clear those at risk of serious symptoms should self quarantine.
    Yet again you're completely ignoring that healthy people have died.

Trump and Trumper Politicians have also made it mandatory for teachers and students to go back to school with almost no precautions.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-07 at 04:42 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should read what is written.
    I did, and it says:
    January
    by which it would have been far too late to shut down international travel.

In case you didn't know, January comes after December.

What the covidiots and freedumbers don't realise is that trying to 'save' the economy by sacrificing lives, it's going to crash the economy far harder. The US health system is nearing the breaking point and when that goes I hope you enjoy an actually third world health care system.

On top of that, you are just gifting the world to China on a silver platter. Good luck trying to stop them with an economy in tatters. Already China is taking advantage of it as evidenced by its outright bullying of Australia, along with a its unrelenting cyber and economic warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    There definitely is a point to it, it's not too late to enforce rules to prevent the spread the coronavirus.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet again you're completely ignoring that healthy people have died.

Trump and Trumper Politicians have also made it mandatory for teachers and students to go back to school with almost no precautions.
    Teachers is being too kind of an example. Remember he literally drafted meat factory workers forcing them to go to unsafe work conditions by law, and how many of them got covid and died as a result....

@Kraken you complain you don't like being spammed by people telling you that you are wrong, but it's because you are being wrong deliberately every single time in every single instance I've seen you post, in which case, how sad you spend your time doing this for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Teachers is being too kind of an example. Remember he literally drafted meat factory workers forcing them to go to unsafe work conditions by law, and how many of them got covid and died as a result....

@Kraken you complain you don't like being spammed by people telling you that you are wrong, but it's because you are being wrong deliberately every single time in every single instance I've seen you post, in which case, how sad you spend your time doing this for entertainment.
    I mean I've never said that I'm simply stating my point. For people outside of the risk factor ( middle age in shape no preexisting conditions ,) it has an astronomically low fatality rate and a low rate of having symptoms severe enough to be noticed.

It doesn't make sense to me to try and restrict the entire population of a country for half assed quarantine procedures. If we are going to grind everything to a halt an impressive feat to have accomplished first would be to have properly rated masks to start with.

It's the wastefulness and futility of it all that annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    What the covidiots and freedumbers don't realise is that trying to 'save' the economy by sacrificing lives, it's going to crash the economy far harder. The US health system is nearing the breaking point and when that goes I hope you enjoy an actually third world health care system.

On top of that, you are just gifting the world to China on a silver platter. Good luck trying to stop them with an economy in tatters. Already China is taking advantage of it as evidenced by its outright bullying of Australia, along with a its unrelenting cyber and economic warfare.
    It's past the breaking point now. We have reached the point where care has reached diminishing returns in the US. I'm not saying we're at full capacity everywhere, I don't have the specific numbers, but some are at full capacity now, and so expansion has begun and healthcare workers are right now, spread too thin, and that gap for care will only get worse as more and more people need said care. Which affects across the board, whether covid or a broken foot.

I do completely agree wrt China.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I've never said that I'm simply stating my point. For people outside of the risk factor ( middle age in shape no preexisting conditions ,) it has an astronomically low fatality rate and a low rate of having symptoms severe enough to be noticed.

It doesn't make sense to me to try and restrict the entire population of a country for half assed quarantine procedures. If we are going to grind everything to a halt an impressive feat to have accomplished first would be to have properly rated masks to start with.

you are annoyed? ok? What ever boring fake point you are trying to make, a broken clock is right twice a day, you can't even best that. As I said you are doing this deliberately, whatever floats your boatI guess, but as I said, there are better means for entertainment than what you do on this board.

Because people are ignoring precautions and warnings.

Coronavirus is the leading cause of death in 2020.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-07 at 11:11 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Don't overlook EU. EU is in a good position to replace us as the counterweight to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

But you retards think that the mask will suffocate you and the shield looks silly.

MMOC needs to pull the stick from their ass and start permabanning troll accounts on the slightest suspicion of being a troll.
    Are you actively reading the thread or simply posting talking points?

- - - Updated - - -

Because people are ignoring precautions and warnings.

Coronavirus is the leading cause of death in 2020.

Lol it isn't the leading cause if death.

Are you actively reading the thread or simply posting talking points?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol it isn't the leading cause if death.
    It is the third, which is still pretty dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It is the third, which is still pretty dangerous.
    It is to the groups at risk for it... it's why this conversation keeps going around and around now. No one really has an arguement against why its unreasonable to just have those at serious risk quarantine while letting the virus run itself through.

Instead they start weird emotional appeals I personally dont understand.

It is to the groups at risk for it...
    Yet it's the third leading cause of the death in the country and rising.

it's why this conversation keeps going around and around now. No one really has an arguement against why its unreasonable to just have those at serious risk quarantine while letting the virus run itself through.
    Yet again ignoring that healthy people also can die and get sent to the ICU from COVID.

Weird emotional appeals like this being one of the leading causes of death and rising in the country?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-07 at 12:36 PM.

Yet it's the third leading cause of the death in the country and rising.

Yet again ignoring that healthy people also can die and get sent to the ICU from COVID.

Weird emotional appeals like this being one of the leading causes of death and rising in the country?
    No one is ignoring anything simply looking at the actual mortality rates.

No one is ignoring anything
    Trumpers and Trump have been playing down the Virus and argued against wearing masks since the pandemic started.

simply looking at the actual mortality rates.
    The Stats show that COVID is one of the leading causes of Death and rising in 2020.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-07 at 12:51 PM.

Trumpers and Trump have been playing down the Virus and argued against wearing masks since the pandemic started.

The Stats show that COVID is one of the leading causes of Death and rising in 2020.
    Yes it is dangerous to the older crowd much like the chicken pox. You are still struggling to follow the conversation... why is it that the age group with has a mortality rate on par to the seasonal flu being restricted rather then simply the groups at risk?

It is to the groups at risk for it... it's why this conversation keeps going around and around now. No one really has an arguement against why its unreasonable to just have those at serious risk quarantine while letting the virus run itself through.

Because unless EVERYONE knows their medical conditions, they don't know if they have high blood pressure, or diabetes for some people, or heart disease until they start having symptoms, simply because people can't afford to go to the doctor for preventative measures. There is a reason that people like you, even healthy, are still dying. Because they were affected by an unknown illness like cancer, and then got sick with Covid and couldn't fight it off.

Yes it is dangerous to the older crowd much like the chicken pox. You are still struggling to follow the conversation... why is it that the age group with has a mortality rate on par to the seasonal flu being restricted rather then simply the groups at risk?
    Seems like you're struggling to follow the conversation, yet again you're ignoring that Healthy people can also die and/or sent to the ICU from COVID.

The Mortality rate is not on par with the seasonal flu, it's worse.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-07 at 01:23 PM.