1. #20221
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm just fuckin furious because I'm sitting here doing everything I can (as are my friends and family who I don't see too often as a result) to do my part, and the longer this drags on the more frustrating it is that fucking idiots can't follow basic safety advice and guidance to get this shit under control, fueled by a political party that's turned into a fucking Death Cult at the alter of Capitalism.

    I know this is going to drag on for a while, even if everyone follows the guidance, but seeing how routinely it's flouted and how people are doing dumb shit and causing new outbreaks is utterly infuriating.
    This is likely to drag on for a LOT longer. Try not to get too upset at other people gross disregard for other's safety and well being, as infuriating as it is. Yes, people are basically intentionally spreading a deadly virus, even to their friends and family.

    We need to keep ourselves safe and sane as best we can. These are definitely challenging times to live in.

  2. #20222
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus christ. If we'd stop being fucking stupid, selfish pricks for just a few months collectively, as a country, we could make some real headway.

    I'm gettin real tired of hearing about peoples freedom and liberty to drag on a pandemic and get more people killed.
    *Free-dumb

    I'm sick of it too, but there's no arguing with those kinds of people especially not with all the information out there half supporting their ideas (but also half blowing their ideas out of the water) there that these folks cling to religiously.

  3. #20223
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is likely to drag on for a LOT longer. Try not to get too upset at other people gross disregard for other's safety and well being, as infuriating as it is. Yes, people are basically intentionally spreading a deadly virus, even to their friends and family.

    We need to keep ourselves safe and sane as best we can. These are definitely challenging times to live in.
    I did that for the first 6 months, I'm getting real tired of it by now. I'm not gonna start flouting guidance or anything, don't get me wrong, I'm not an irresponsibly murderous psychopath.

    I'm just fuckin pissed that we're gonna stay like this for much, much longer in no small part due to those irresponsibly murderous assholes. Would love to get back to some kind of normalcy, but alas I guess I'll remain a shut-in and, even as an introvert, miss a lot of the normal day to day interactions we used to have.

  4. #20224
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm just fuckin furious because I'm sitting here doing everything I can (as are my friends and family who I don't see too often as a result) to do my part, and the longer this drags on the more frustrating it is that fucking idiots can't follow basic safety advice and guidance to get this shit under control, fueled by a political party that's turned into a fucking Death Cult at the alter of Capitalism.

    I know this is going to drag on for a while, even if everyone follows the guidance, but seeing how routinely it's flouted and how people are doing dumb shit and causing new outbreaks is utterly infuriating.
    May I suggest not raging so much?
    It's unhealthy to channel so much negative energy and get worked up so hard over things you cannot change.

  5. #20225
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm just fuckin furious because I'm sitting here doing everything I can (as are my friends and family who I don't see too often as a result) to do my part, and the longer this drags on the more frustrating it is that fucking idiots can't follow basic safety advice and guidance to get this shit under control, fueled by a political party that's turned into a fucking Death Cult at the alter of Capitalism.

    I know this is going to drag on for a while, even if everyone follows the guidance, but seeing how routinely it's flouted and how people are doing dumb shit and causing new outbreaks is utterly infuriating.
    People ignoring the rules were always part of the predictions. Keep doing your stuff, it is working. The models incorporate the idea of some people doing what they can and some people not giving a shit. It's still effective, only less effective than it could be. However, the second wave was always going to happen, with or without these idiots. Not defending them, just pointing out that while you are rightfully pissed off, it's not because of the increased numbers. I was pissed off during the summer when my city almost eradicated the virus and I still saw imbeciles unable to use a face mask properly...

    Fun fact: Today I saw the police raid a local pub with at least a dozen cops. Ah, that sweet feeling of vindication.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #20226
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    May I suggest not raging so much?
    It's unhealthy to channel so much negative energy and get worked up so hard over things you cannot change.
    I mean, I've been bottling it up for months. Occasionally you gotta let the pressure valve loose to let some steam out. Sorry I'm mad at a bunch of irresponsibly murderous psychopaths think they can't breathe with a thin piece of fabric in front of their faces and think they have a Constitutional right to a haircut and beers at the pub?

  7. #20227
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I've been bottling it up for months.
    Why the strong feelings in the first place?
    Just ignore what doesn't concern you personally.

    People will be people, if I started to feel bad for every thing an idiot does I would ruin my own life.

    This thing is going to last YEARS. With or without idiots.
    We do not have a guarantee for a quick vaccine.

  8. #20228
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why the strong feelings in the first place?
    Just ignore what doesn't concern you personally.
    Coronavirus concerns everybody especially when you clearly have a President who lies, plays down everything about the Coronavirus.

    This thing is going to last YEARS. With or without idiots.
    Is that why Schools, Bars and Stores are open in Wuhan but are closing down in the USA?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-23 at 09:32 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  9. #20229
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why the strong feelings in the first place?
    Just ignore what doesn't concern you personally.
    I mean...it kinda does though? Others actions impact me because they impact the status of the state/national shutdown, which has both direct and indirect impacts on me.

    I get it, I can't control it. But that doesn't mean I can just decide to like, not be bothered and annoyed as fuck by it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This thing is going to last YEARS. With or without idiots.
    We do not have a guarantee for a quick vaccine.
    I know. I'd just like, you know, for people to not be irresponsibly murderous psychopaths'. That's all.

  10. #20230
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why the strong feelings in the first place?
    Just ignore what doesn't concern you personally.

    People will be people, if I started to feel bad for every thing an idiot does I would ruin my own life.

    This thing is going to last YEARS. With or without idiots.
    We do not have a guarantee for a quick vaccine.
    How is it going to last years? Will we even need a quick vaccine? Figures for last week show 433,000 people or 1/130 in the UK had Covid with at least 35,000 new infections back then daily. It could easily be 50,000 people or more a day now are catching it.

    By Christmas, certainly Easter everyone in the UK will have had it and bingo a level of herd immunity achieved, no vaccine required.

  11. #20231
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    How is it going to last years? Will we even need a quick vaccine? Figures for last week show 433,000 people or 1/130 in the UK had Covid with at least 35,000 new infections back then daily. It could easily be 50,000 people or more a day now are catching it.

    By Christmas, certainly Easter everyone in the UK will have had it and bingo a level of herd immunity achieved, no vaccine required.
    Because immunizing an entire country takes time? Because not a single remotely credible medical professional is advocating for "heard immunity" as such an outcome would lead to countless unnecessary deaths and unimaginable long-term side effects for the millions that survive? Because as we're learning, reinfection might be possible so the entire "heard immunity" theory is bunk?

    I mean, do you have anything to actually back that up? Do you want to reach one hundred thousand, or more, deaths because people can't be arsed to follow some basic safety guidelines?

  12. #20232
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because immunizing an entire country takes time? Because not a single remotely credible medical professional is advocating for "heard immunity" as such an outcome would lead to countless unnecessary deaths and unimaginable long-term side effects for the millions that survive? Because as we're learning, reinfection might be possible so the entire "heard immunity" theory is bunk?

    I mean, do you have anything to actually back that up? Do you want to reach one hundred thousand, or more, deaths because people can't be arsed to follow some basic safety guidelines?
    It's what the ONS report today for data a week old. Of course it will be much worse currently.

    An estimated 433,300 people in the community in England had the coronavirus (COVID-19) between 10 and 16 October 2020 (0.79% of the community population) There was an average of 35,200 new cases per day of Covid-19 in the community between 10 and 16 October, according to the latest ONS survey

    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...dup/2020-03-26

    By the time a vaccine comes out, there will be no one who hasn't had it left in the UK to vaccinate.

  13. #20233
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    By the time a vaccine comes out, there will be no one who hasn't had it left in the UK to vaccinate.
    You...know that's like...a bad thing...right?

  14. #20234
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You...know that's like...a bad thing...right?
    Sure it's bad news, but with only 30 or so documented and confirmed cases of re-infection isn't it better to rip the band-aid off and get the pain over with?

  15. #20235
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sure it's bad news, but with only 30 or so documented and confirmed cases of re-infection isn't it better to rip the band-aid off and get the pain over with?
    Not for the people who will lose loved ones to the virus, no. They're kinda like, attached to those people.

  16. #20236
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,435
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sure it's bad news, but with only 30 or so documented and confirmed cases of re-infection isn't it better to rip the band-aid off and get the pain over with?
    No. You're talking about 200k more deaths, at a minimum, as "get[ting] the pain over with".

    That's sociopathic, right there.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  17. #20237
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not for the people who will lose loved ones to the virus, no. They're kinda like, attached to those people.
    There is no helping those people though, presuming you mean the over 70's who in the main are hospitalised (7/10 Covid hospitalisaions are +70) and the worst affected, they know the risks.

    I kid you not, I was in a garden centre last sunday surrounded by what must have been 100 old biddies sipping tea and scoffing cake. They all knew each other and there wasn't much sign of social distancing. Swap that for a nightclub with a similar number of 18-30 year olds drinking beer and chilling to music, but oh no you can't nightclubs are closed to those unaffected by Covid on penalty of £10k fines. Ok anecdotal example, but when the BBC survey these people typically their response is “I’ve not got that many years left of me and I’m not going to be fastened in a house.” and yet those same selfish people are the ones clogging up the NHS because they can't stay home.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...shire-54632619

    Another alternative is the Polish example who are currently dealing with it like this...

    Is this the alternative to lockdowns? Poland tells over-70s and the vulnerable to stay at home and will deliver food to their homes as Europe sees cases double to 200,000 in ten days

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-200-000.html

    You can't ask for sympathy to aged people who know the risks and choose to ignore the rules. The youngsters are not the selfish ones here, they are making all the sacrifices putting their lives on hold, it is time to rip the band-aid off.

  18. #20238
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,435
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    There is no helping those people though, presuming you mean the over 70's who in the main are hospitalised (7/10 Covid hospitalisaions are +70) and the worst affected, they know the risks.
    What the actual fuck? A vaccine would help those people. Dying because you wanted to "rip off the band-aid" would not, on the other hand.


    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Another alternative is the Polish example who are currently dealing with it like this...

    Is this the alternative to lockdowns? Poland tells over-70s and the vulnerable to stay at home and will deliver food to their homes as Europe sees cases double to 200,000 in ten days
    Sweden tried that and it didn't turn out very well at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You can't ask for sympathy to aged people who know the risks and choose to ignore the rules. The youngsters are not the selfish ones here, they are making all the sacrifices putting their lives on hold, it is time to rip the band-aid off.
    Deplorables gonna sociopath.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  19. #20239
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You can't ask for sympathy to aged people who know the risks and choose to ignore the rules. The youngsters are not the selfish ones here, they are making all the sacrifices putting their lives on hold, it is time to rip the band-aid off.
    Hope you've called grandma and grandpa (or parents if they're in that age bracket) and told them it's tough shit if some dumbshit kid infects them with covid and they die, and that you're happy that their deaths will hasten the "heard immunity" so you can return to normal life? Because they should probably know you're cheering on their deaths.

    I mean, the way people unironically come out as alright with mass-death during this pandemic is really weird.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-10-23 at 11:10 PM.

  20. #20240
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, the way people unironically come out as sociopaths during this pandemic is really weird.
    I just hope people have long memories after this pandemic is over and they hold those deplorables accountable for their attitudes.

    (Same thing for racist Trump supporters, too, to be honest.)
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •