Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Judging by the speed at which current numbers rise, something is woefully ineffective.
    Yea Trump supporters are not wearing masks and their dear leader is holding super spreader rallies (no masks, no social distancing by the thousands) across the country leaving 35-50% spikes in his wake. He is not only incompetent he is actively spreading the disease, Mike Pence is possibly infected and he is holding rallies , not wearing a mask instead of quarantining or being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, the brains of Trump supporters that listen to Trump, INSTEAD OF FUCKING SCIENCE.
    I was referring to Europe. We all have strict measures, punishments and (as far as I can see) high acceptance and obedience of mask wearing.
    Yet numbers soar.

I was referring to Europe. We all have strict measures, punishments and (as far as I can see) high acceptance and obedience of mask wearing.
    Yet numbers soar.
    From what I understand, nope, you have a problem with ignorance there like we do.

Bloodsail Admiral Raspberry Lemon's Avatar
    Yet numbers soar.
    i live in europe... no strict measures here... and almost nobody wearing masks...

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    i live in europe... no strict measures here... and almost nobody wearing masks...
    Well unfortunately most people don't understand and probably only will when it hits close to home or they lose their job due to lockdowns.

Even then I doubt they will. I expect those kind of people to go riot for their liberties instead of wearing a mask and washing their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well merchants are already selling xmas stuff on shells so yeah......................for 2 weeks already.
    That's rather normal isn't it? Not big on shopping for holiday stuff but do know it gets displayed fairly early.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I'm more concerned whether we will have normal summer holidays next year.
    Good point considering some nations are extending measures till May 2021.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Yet numbers soar.
    Well, in some parts of Europe (as in mine for one), there's actually not only VERY few measures taken by the authorities (although plenty of "advices on a completely voluntary basis") but the use of face masks is also straight out dissuaded from (here, by the very state epidemiologist himself). So, you really shouldn't paint with such a broad brush when it comes to Europe and corona, attitudes and responses vary a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    From what I understand, nope, you have a problem with ignorance there like we do.
    Well, I can only speak for my city of course but here we have, I'd say 95% adherence. It's quite rare to spot a person w/o mask in a shop or a bus.
    Disabilities exist (I was one of them until temperatures came down and allowed me to wear a mask), so I refuse to label everyone w/o a mask as a "covidiot".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That's rather normal isn't it? Not big on shopping for holiday stuff but do know it gets displayed fairly early.
    Yop, we start seeing Christmas sweets as early as friggin' September. >.<

Night lockdowns, restaurants and all other non essential interior places closed, gatherings banned and fined and fines in some places for lack of masks outdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Night lockdowns, restaurants and all other non essential interior places closed, gatherings banned and fined and fines in some places for lack of masks outdoor.
    not where i live...

not where i live...
    How's that been working out?

not where i live...
    Which is in Europe, the place with no restrictions.
    France, Spain, Italy, Germany and many other countries in the region are part of Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    How's that been working out?
    less than 50 cases where i live...

In the entire country?

Vatican city?

In the entire country?
    I'm pretty sure the country in question is Sweden:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

In the entire country?
    no... where i live...

Has anyone been able to wrap their heads around the idiocy that was the Whitehouse's mall Santa plan...?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Has anyone been able to wrap their heads around the idiocy that was the Whitehouse's mall Santa plan...?
    https://news.avclub.com/the-white-ho...-to-1845482502

Wait...was this the repurposing of the $300M that was supposed to go to a big "optimistic and uplifting" ad campaign featuring Hollywood celebrities that fell apart when the best they could do was Dennis Quaid and Shulem Lemmer?

Mall fuckin santas?

This administration is the very definition of, "Just put some makeup over your black eye and the problem will be solved. Yes, your husband will still be beating you but nobody will notice, and that's all that matters."

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I