Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    what are you doing with that much dry ice? creepy?

You know you're jealous!
    No no...two big suppliers hereabouts...although I have to concede that there's no way they can provide as much as I believe may be needed for the area alone.
    Dry ice is roughly 100 below zero Fahrenheit. Can't put that in any standard freezer since it'll shut down.

Small legal note; I believe most employers can mandate getting this vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It's -70 degrees, not +70, close to the temperature of dry ice. A standard freezer is about 0 degrees.
    Oh snap... I thought it was strange when saying 70 degrees would be a problem...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    In Donetsk, when in late spring masks were mandated, maybe over half population obeyed, and since we had 3rd best case rate in Europe after Finland and Latvia, the percentage was dwindling over time. By early September, only exceptions had masks even on their chin, the rest wore them in their pockets. Now cases are climbing and perception changed from "scary fairytale" to "a person I know got sick", more than half are wearing masks again, even though we're still doing comparatively well. Governmental enforcement didn't change much, people are doing it on their own. From what I gather, similar process didn't happen in USA at all, people wear masks by their party allegiance? Can someone non-radical share their first hand experience?

On a separate topic, my friend's acquaintance who ended up across the front in Ukraine, died last week from "two-sided pneumonia". A man over 50, didn't know his name but I saw him several times before the war in the street / yard. This is the closest to me Covid death so far, my own family came out unscathed.
    I'm radical, but I'll share my experience anyways.

I have not been out much, so I don't have much first hand experience at all. But here is what I can say.

April or May: went out to do a jog on a bike path. It was near a set of baseball diamonds. The fans that I could see from a distance were not social distanced at all and no masks were worn at all. One older couple was seated behind the right field fences wearing masks.

June or so: DMV for license stuff: about 50-50 on people wearing masks. The DMV did an awesome job (had to have an appointment to be there) of setting up a situation where social distancing was easy.

Went back again in around September, and it was more like 90-10 wearing masks.

My children go to my grandson's football games on Thursday and Friday nights. No social distancing, and next to no mask wearing.

Those are my observations, as well as a second hand report.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You know you're jealous!
    No no...two big suppliers hereabouts...although I have to concede that there's no way they can provide as much as I believe may be needed for the area alone.
    Dry ice is roughly 100 below zero Fahrenheit. Can't put that in any standard freezer since it'll shut down.

Small legal note; I believe most employers can mandate getting this vaccine.
    -70 celsius is -94 fahrenheit. So this would be close to the temperature of dry ice.

Someone on a cruise ship is sick with COVID19.

No, this isn't from January of this year.

WHY THE FUCK IS ANYONE ON A CRUISE SHIP RIGHT NOW?

Here's a little more info on storing the Pfizer vaccine, it may not be that bad: "Once the Pfizer coolers reach their destinations, hospitals or pharmacies will have a few choices of how to store the vaccine. The easiest option is using ultracold freezers, but not many sites have them. Otherwise, the facilities can stash the trays in conventional freezers for up to five days. Or they can keep the vials in the cooler for up to 15 days, so long as they replenish the dry ice and don’t open it more than twice a day."

The cooler they're referring to is a special one made to ship the vials from the facilities making the vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/12/b...ronavirus.html
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-11-12 at 07:40 PM.

Here's a little more info on storing the Pfizer vaccine, it may not be that bad: "Once the Pfizer coolers reach their destinations, hospitals or pharmacies will have a few choices of how to store the vaccine. The easiest option is using ultracold freezers, but not many sites have them. Otherwise, the facilities can stash the trays in conventional freezers for up to five days. Or they can keep the vials in the cooler for up to 15 days, so long as they replenish the dry ice and don’t open it more than twice a day."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/12/b...ronavirus.html
    You think they'd throw out vials of liquid money just because they weren't kept cold? The same hospitals that prioritize money over patients?
    *laughs in capitalism*
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You think they'd throw out vials of liquid money just because they weren't kept cold? The same hospitals that prioritize money over patients?
    *laughs in capitalism*
    Hospitals prefer not to be sued, so yeah, they'll throw out the $100 vial and use a new one.

You know how humans tend to overreact? Can't wait for a permanent health theater in a post-COVID world instead of recommending actual common sense infection management and prevention tips. Just like the TSA still groping people.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

cause corporate profits > lives

- - - Updated - - -

Hospitals prefer not to be sued, so yeah, they'll throw out the $100 vial and use a new one.
    yup even if they win they case they spend way more than 100 on the lawyers they have to hire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    *laughs in capitalism*
    the vials are going to be paid for by the us govt.
    They throw one out it won't cost them a dime.

They are going to be paid for the administration of the vaccine. Won't effect them if they lose a batch.
    Sure the govt won't be happy with them, but what are they going to do?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    You know how humans tend to overreact? Can't wait for a permanent health theater in a post-COVID world instead of recommending actual common sense infection management and prevention tips. Just like the TSA still groping people.
    People wearing masks when ill and getting rid of the handshake will be amazing.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

Pfft...there will be a "mask burning day" next year.

Anyone noticed how right after the Pfizer's claim of 90% Russian Sputnik was claimed to have 92% efficiency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    We will just return the CDC and WHO budget to what it was before Trump and reinstate the pandemic response team. You know... so shit like this don’t happen again. Helping Americans, instead of billionaires...

Here is Joe Biden’s plan... You are projecting your own tendency to over react:
    https://joebiden.com/covid19/

Imagine that... American government working for American people, instead of billionaires...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Anyone noticed how right after the Pfizer's claim of 90% Russian Sputnik was claimed to have 92% efficiency?
    They also got several of their doctor infected, after they took the vaccine... it’s bullshit...

Russia plays down infections in doctors who got COVID vaccine claimed to be 92% effective
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-...effectiveness/
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-13 at 03:55 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    We will just return the CDC and WHO budget to what it was before Trump and reinstate the pandemic response team. You know... so shit like this don’t happen again. Helping Americans, instead of billionaires...

- - - Updated - - -

They also got several of their doctor infected, after they took the vaccine... it’s bullshit...

Russia plays down infections in doctors who got COVID vaccine claimed to be 92% effective
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-...effectiveness/
    I'm no expert but I don't think the juice from a half frozen turnip is an effective COVID vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    People wearing masks when ill and getting rid of the handshake will be amazing.
    I seriously doubt this whole shabang will last enough to cause such fundamental societal changes.
    Even if it's 3 years, people will burn their masks and never look back while returning to the old habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I seriously doubt this whole shabang will last enough to cause such fundamental societal changes.
    Even if it's 3 years, people will burn their masks and never look back while returning to the old habits.
    I'm not sure the virus will be GONE in 3 years. Even with vaccines, if the virus mutates it will continue to grow. Or at least stay around. And thus new vaccines may be needed every year or so. And in the meantime, masks and social distancing may remain necessary. The virus death rate is far higher than that of the flu.

- - - Updated - - -

Things may be changing in the US faster rather than sooner. Looks like the Sturgis event was more effective at strengthening the virus than feared.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...IKY?li=BBnb7Kz

Title: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...IKY?li=BBnb7Kz

Excerpts:

Overview:

Covid’s long, dark winter has already arrived in the Upper Midwest, as cases and deaths surge, snatching lives, overwhelming hospitals, exhausting health-care providers and raising fears that the region’s medical system will be completely overwhelmed in the coming days.
    Even republican governors are admitting that the virus is bad in their states.

[At dinner parties and game nights, casual American life is fueling the coronavirus surge]

In North Dakota, where cases have increased 60 percent in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum said this week that the state’s hospitals are at capacity and are so strained that the state will allow its doctors and nurses to continue working after they test positive for the coronavirus. His spokesman later qualified this is a potential short-term tool.

Even though he has continued to resist a statewide mask mandate, Burgum urged his fellow residents to take precautions as hospitals brimmed with patients.

“You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.
    Anecdotal evidence that this is a disaster.

“We had months to prepare for this, we saw it happen in other states that were hit earlier. Why weren’t we prepared for what was coming?” said Sarah Newton, chief medical officer of the hospital in tiny Linton, N.D., population 997.

She said she saw coronavirus cases begin surging in late September and October, and on some days ill patients filled the hospital, a low-slung brick *critical-access facility with 14 beds.

“I felt so emotionally overwhelmed by what I was seeing. I felt like I was screaming into a void. I was drowning in my own hospital,” Newton said.

The disconnect with what was going on inside the hospital and her community was extreme, Newton said. She would go outside and see no one wearing a mask or social distancing, “having giant weddings and going about their lives.”

This week, the unthinkable happened. She called several hospitals in the region and was unable to find an intensive-care bed in a bigger hospital to transfer a rapidly declining coronavirus patient who needed more help than her small facility could provide.
    The Sturgis event played its part.

More than 330 coronavirus cases and one death were directly linked to the Sturgis bike rally as of mid-September, according to a Washington Post survey of health departments in 23 states.
    And this is just the known direct cases. Friday night football games and various social events seem to be assuring that the number of indirect cases grows quite a bit.

In stressing the urgency of the situation, state health officials have pointed to a dramatic uptick in the positivity rate in diagnostic testing in recent weeks — rising from just 5 percent a month ago to 15 percent on Thursday.
    Ouch. This seems to mean that there are a lot of untested people running around that have, and are spreading, the virus. But, as they say in Georgia, IF YOU DON'T GET TESTED, YOU WON'T BE COUNTED AS BEING POSITIVE. And yes they say it defiantly.

The virus has penetrated into all parts of the state of Minnesota.

What has worried state officials is that there is no hotspot in Minnesota — the entire state is described as a “red zone.” Cases and hospitalizations have risen dramatically in all regions, including rural areas that had been largely spared by the disease until recent weeks.
    The article goes on with about the same grim tone. Be safe everyone.

Whenever I see mass gatherings of people flagrantly disregarding lockdown rules, it's always boozed-up, scantily-clad millennials trying to hook up at 11 PM

Govt announced closing of a deal with Pfizer for supply of vaccine shots starting January, stated target is to finish vaccinations by May starting with seniors and such.

Expectation is that 2 rounds of vaccinations will be needed at least.

Swedish graph with Anders Tegnell's quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Cause they’re ignorant assholes who only care about themselves. They don’t want to be inconvenienced by a pandemic.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch