Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They weren’t. Unless they were essential businesses. Attending church in person isn’t essential for any religion. Or any person. You won’t die because you have to do virtual religious services. You very well may die if you can’t get food or drink.
    But the businesses that weren't affected weren't essential businesses, while the religious were.
    You citing what the governor wants...and what he wants to call "law." But he's stepping on federal law.
    Businesses will thank him for this weekend. Many of which I'm certainy won't be "essential."
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-11-26 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But the businesses that weren't affected weren't essential businesses, while the religious were.
    You citing what the governor wants...and what he wants to call "law." But he's stepping on federal law.
    Businesses will thank him for this weekend. Many of which I'm certainy won't be "essential."
    You need to check again. They had very clear guidelines for which businesses must close and which could remain open. Nice try though.

Oh, and while many were forced to close churches could remain open uninterrupted. Just with slightly fewer marks for their grift.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2020-11-26 at 05:26 PM.

Yeah this isn't true at all. Not sure where you heard or read this but you are misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Yeah this isn't true at all. Not sure where you heard or read this but you are misinformed.
    It’s not even hard to see the actual guidelines...

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    No we have to think about the basic human rights of doing w/e you want even though it poses a massive public danger.
    This pandemic exposed the stupidity of the masses to an unprecedented level. About 50% don't want to be vaccinated and this will prolong the shitshow for another year.
    I don't blame people who aren't part of any risk group for being more afraid of an insufficiently and hastily tested vaccine than a virus that has a << 1% chance to kill them.

Odd how you can limit the number of people inside a church because of fire code and safety....But limiting the # of people because of covid and a health safety is unconstitutional?

Hmmm, guess churches can now sue to ignore those codes as well next? Hell why not sue to get rid of all building codes? You know, separation of church and state!!

Man this new SCOTUS did not take long to prove everyone's fears about being religiously biased/controlled/pressured/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote of his ruling that it seemed contradictory to say it was unsafe to go to church but not to shop for a new bike.

"So, at least according to the Governor, it may be unsafe to go to church, but it is always fine to pick up another bottle of wine, shop for a new bike," Gorsuch wrote

-----
    If the governor wants restrictions then he needs to apply them equally.
    the risk inside a church where you sit for long periods, sing and recite prayers out loud are a tad bit higher then a few minutes inside a wine/bike shop?

So then the bike shop should be allowed the same # of people inside as the church or its biased!! Forget fire code and calculations based on open space and building layout!!!!

You know not every restriction can be applied equally because of many variables right? Oh why do i have to have more exits then the little deli down the block!! Only two exits for the 6,000 seat mega church!!!
    Its unconstitutional to force them to have more than the deli!!!!!

They have a lot of work to do. Guess they have to get rid of all these groupings and make everyone equal
    Just wait till the deli needs to add a thousand different things to match the SAME requirements as a huge church!!

Why should that hazard waste/product company have more regulations then a church!!! Why have additional safety codes because things can explode!!!

Its almost like different businesses need different rules...shocking

https://up.codes/viewer/new_york_cit...assification#3

Assembly (see Section 303): Groups A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4 and A-5.
    Business (see Section 304): Group B.
    Educational (see Section 305): Group E.
    Factory and Industrial (see Section 306): Groups F-1 and F-2.
    High Hazard (see Section 307): Groups H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4 and H-5.
    Institutional (see Section 308): Groups I-1, I-2, I-3 and I-4.
    Mercantile (see Section 309): Group M.
    Residential (see Section 310): Groups R-1, R-2 and R-3.
    Storage (see Section 311): Groups S-1 and S-2.
    Utility and Miscellaneous (see Section 312): Group U.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Always fun when you argue from ignorance.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Always fun when you argue from ignorance.
    Prove it.
    O wait another one that makes empty claims because you don't like the facts.
    You guys are no different than any radical...

The SC ruling wasn't different than when Ginsburg was on the bench earlier this year.
    But continue to post your own ignorance. It amuses me to see your ilk in the same boat with Trump and his toadies.

Prove it.

The SC ruling wasn't different than when Ginsburg was on the bench earlier this year.
    But continue to post your own ignorance. It amuses me to see your ilk in the same boat with Trump and his toadies.

umm it was the complete opposite 5-4 in favor of not striking down the rules.

In May and July, the Supreme Court narrowly rejected challenges to virus-related restrictions on churches in California and Nevada, with Chief Justice John Roberts joining the court’s Democratic appointees to stress that state and local governments required flexibility to deal with a dangerous and evolving pandemic.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Prove it.

“I know you are but what am I” was a bold choice.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

United Airlines charters flights to distribute Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine

United Airlines on Friday commenced charter flights to send doses of Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine candidates for distribution, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal that cited people familiar with the matter.

Both companies are awaiting emergency use authorization after submitting a request to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last week.

----

Prove it.

LMAO, SC leans republican now, it's no surprise that they favor the Powerful Hypocritical Religious Institutions with an Agenda that Supported a Corrupt and Immoral president because they're against Female Rights.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-11-28 at 05:49 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...e-to-covid-19#

Read the article Johns Hopkins decided to post, and then delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...e-to-covid-19#

Read the article Johns Hopkins decided to post, and then delete.
    Probably because it is a complete lie.

Here is a web site with excess deaths this year, which is a bit more than the number of reported virus deaths, using CDC information.

https://theconversation.com/up-to-20...ic-year-143139

Basically, if you go by the number of excess deaths, the reported deaths from the virus under counts the number of excess deaths by somewhere in the 10-20% range, with a maximum under count of close to 30%.

Note that this is dated October 14th oft his year, so it only includes data from the first two waves.

United Airlines charters flights to distribute Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine

United Airlines on Friday commenced charter flights to send doses of Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine candidates for distribution, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal that cited people familiar with the matter.

Both companies are awaiting emergency use authorization after submitting a request to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last week.

----
    Am I paranoid for thinking that rushing a vaccine and giving the companies that made it protections from the consequences if it goes bad isn't an amazing idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Probably because it is a complete lie.
    It's not a complete lie - it's worse: the conclusions are all wrong, but some of the statistics are "true", but designed to mislead.
    (Note that it was someone in Economics program posting in the John Hopkins student paper; not the normal place for a medical study by John Hopkins University.)

For the first part: Covid-19 seems to cause deaths as if people became roughly one year older (according to previous studies; might be a few months less now). That means both that it mainly is an issue for the elderly and that if you look at the proportion of deaths in different age-categories you should see no shift due to covid-19 - just an increase across the board. Thus that part is just straw-manning "mainly an issue for the elderly".

The second part is more confusing - it's looking at weekly changes in deaths compared to previous weeks. Looking at a difference will increase random fluctuations. The only sensible thing is to instead look at excess deaths:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Here is a web site with excess deaths this year, which is a bit more than the number of reported virus deaths, using CDC information.

https://theconversation.com/up-to-20...ic-year-143139

Basically, if you go by the number of excess deaths, the reported deaths from the virus under counts the number of excess deaths by somewhere in the 10-20% range, with a maximum under count of close to 30%.
    Note that this varies by country (etc) - some are roughly correct, some have uncounted covid-deaths more - in some cases the uncounted covid-deaths are several hundred percent of reported covid-deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Am I paranoid for thinking that rushing a vaccine and giving the companies that made it protections from the consequences if it goes bad isn't an amazing idea?
    We are out of amazing ideas, so we have to settle for the ones that are good enough.
    Cynically speaking we will start with the elderly that both have the most to gain, and the least amount of years remaining if it goes completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    If nothing else, most of those targeted to get the first doses are those working in hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    We are out of amazing ideas, so we have to settle for the ones that are good enough.
    Cynically speaking we will start with the elderly that both have the most to gain, and the least amount of years remaining if it goes completely wrong.
    As with the flu shot, I imagine the first to receive it will be the elderly, hospital workers, the young (-6 months), as well as the military.

I’m not worried, though.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2020-11-28 at 03:30 PM.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As with the flu shot, I imagine the first to receive it will be the elderly, hospital workers, the young (-6 months), as well as the military.
    I doubt they will give it to the very young at first; I don't think they have been part of so many phase III trials - and it doesn't seem to be that dangerous for them - in contrast to the flu.

To me it would make sense to do the military after the elderly and health workers, as most of the troops will be ok even if infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I doubt they will give it to the very young at first; I don't think they have been part of so many phase III trials - and it doesn't seem to be that dangerous for them - in contrast to the flu.

To me it would make sense to do the military after the elderly and health workers, as most of the troops will be ok even if infected.
    Speaking as one of those groups and remembering all the blind and deaf people from the malaria treatments... I hope they make them voluntary. I believe in vaccinations but I'm in zero rush to test out a untried batch for a virus with a lower kill rate then the seasonal flu.