10+ Year Old Account
    These charts have been all over the place after the J&J vaccine got approved in the US. Makes sense that a lot of people don't know the difference between the different technologies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my first shot today (Pfizer) . Feels like I was laying on my arm funny or that I had a good arm day a few days ago with the soreness just going away.

We were told side effects are a lot common after the second shot. Flu like but only lasted 24hrs or so.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-03-01 at 07:23 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I got my first shot today (Pfizer) . Feels like I was laying on my arm funny or that I had a good arm day a few days ago with the soreness just going away.

We were told side effects are a lot common after the second shot. Flu like but only lasted 24hrs or so.
    So did I. I haven't so far experienced any side affects, not even sore arm.

I know this might sound weird, but it's just sort of setting in that I got the vaccine to a global pandemic we're still living in and through. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So did I. I haven't so far experienced any side affects, not even sore arm.

I know this might sound weird, but it's just sort of setting in that I got the vaccine to a global pandemic we're still living in and through. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.
    How is your 5G reception? The voices in my head grow faint if I turn on my microwave.

/s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    all i did when i had it was sleep and this was before anyone even knew covid was a thing back in dec 2019 had every symptom but the loss of smell and taste
    You had every symptom, excluding the neurological damage that differentiates covid from the flu?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How is your 5G reception? The voices in my head grow faint if I turn on my microwave.

/s.
    Fucking awesome - even when the power went out I was seeing all the colors. /s

Sore arm this morning. Not complaining.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you sure no one slipped you a PopSicle? It gets you fucked up...

Sorry... carry on...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/st...352291347?s=19

Apparently Texas is "back to normal" starting Wednesday, businesses can re-open 100% if they want, no mask mandates etc. There's not even a real pressure valve here, even though county judges can re-implement some masking/lower capacity rules etc. if ICU's start filling up, they cannot enforce them with any penalties so they're pointless.

If you're in Texas, stay safe. Mask up, keep social distancing, etc. etc. Your governor may want you fuckin dead, but plenty of us would rather you still be alive and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Apparently Texas is "back to normal" starting Wednesday, businesses can re-open 100% if they want, no mask mandates etc. There's not even a real pressure valve here, even though county judges can re-implement some masking/lower capacity rules etc. if ICU's start filling up, they cannot enforce them with any penalties so they're pointless.

If you're in Texas, stay safe. Mask up, keep social distancing, etc. etc. Your governor may want you fuckin dead, but plenty of us would rather you still be alive and healthy.
    Texas Republicans are obviously not content with just one recent disaster for their state, they got to work on the next.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

Mississippi aswell

https://twitter.com/tatereeves/statu...49019935412228

Starting tomorrow, we are lifting all of our county mask mandates and businesses will be able to operate at full capacity without any state-imposed rules. Our hospitalizations and case numbers have plummeted, and the vaccine is being rapidly distributed. It is time!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Fucking GOP - and they will never be held accountable for the people they kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas is doing the most to screw over its citizens and the rest of the country. Hopefully people still mask up and/in local governments step in.

Lets say by some miracle everyone in Texas gets the J&N shot tomorrow. The lag will not stop any illnesses or even the secondary spread of illnesses before protection sets in.

On the other side of things, all 3 major and minor variants are running free in Texas..

Hopefully people still mask up and/in local governments step in.
    They can't. The order gives county judges the ability to put rules back in place if enough folks are in the hospital for covid for 7 consecutive days (lol). However it does not give them any ability to use criminal charges/penalties to enforce said rules, so it's functionally the court asking you very nicely to put in your mask or else they'll be very disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account

Bit of an update. When I got mine it was with a bunch of my coworkers at the workplace. Only like one or two people didn't develop a secondary reaction. I had on and off chills in 80F+ weather . Expected really and means the shot definitely promotes a immune response.

We were told many times that the 2nd dose will probably suck, as in a stronger immune response. They told us to prepare to take the next day off when we get our second.

The problem here hasn't been supply, it's be logistics and a corrupt system. Hopefully the J&J rollout will at least mean the doses are being skimmed off the top by vaccine tourist and wealthy neighborhoods.

I don't have anything against the J&J shot but I don't like how it's being pushed hard on the general public after so many people in charge comfortably got one of the mRNA shots. Feels like some people are telling the general public to 'settle' for a different shot.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't. The order gives county judges the ability to put rules back in place if enough folks are in the hospital for covid for 7 consecutive days (lol). However it does not give them any ability to use criminal charges/penalties to enforce said rules, so it's functionally the court asking you very nicely to put in your mask or else they'll be very disappointed.
    Bet Abbot and his boys and their boys are all fully vaccinated too. If I was in Texas I wouldn't go outside with anything less than a KN/F95 (the masks that kind of look like duck bills) on my face. That's only if I had to go outside because people are going to be acting stupid and wreck less.

Also it was already fuck Joe Rogan but it's fuck him even more the misinformation he put about the pandemic on a massive platform with an audience that takes him way too seriously. While we're on the subject, fuck UFC for shaming the fighter who is being very open about how hard recovery from covid can be.

Also it was already fuck Joe Rogan but it's fuck him even more the misinformation he put about the pandemic on a massive platform with an audience that takes him way too seriously.
    "But he talks to interesting people." I hear shouted off in a dark corner.

Rogan is a fuckin retard and routinely gives a platform for hatemongers and people shilling dangerous misinformation to go on and spout their bullshit unchallenged.

Mr. "I won't get the vaccine even when it's my turn because I'm in good health, and health is important."
    Mr. "Let regular people do whatever the fuck they want! Just lock up the old people and the sickies so we can continue life uninterrupted!"
    Mr. "It's only killed a small fraction of the country!"
    Mr. "I'm weeks behind on current information because why the fuck would I want to be informed on topics I openly discuss on my show?"
    Mr. "Wearing a mask to protect others and be courteous is for bitches!"

Fuck Joe Rogan. I've long said, it's the wrong people getting covid. It shouldn't be the random folks, it should be the ones responsible for their failure to lead and the ones responsible for shilling so much dangerous misinformation about the damned virus. Then maybe some would learn to have an ounce of empathy.

I don't have anything against the J&J shot but I don't like how it's being pushed hard on the general public after so many people in charge comfortably got one of the mRNA shots. Feels like some people are telling the general public to 'settle' for a different shot.
    It's being pushed because way too many people won't get the 2nd shot so the J&J one will be more effective. And the difference between the 3 is really minor so it doesn't matter. All of them stop hospitalizations and deaths pretty much completely.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bit of an update. When I got mine it was with a bunch of my coworkers at the workplace. Only like one or two people didn't develop a secondary reaction. I had on and off chills in 80F+ weather . Expected really and means the shot definitely promotes a immune response.

We were told many times that the 2nd dose will probably suck, as in a stronger immune response. They told us to prepare to take the next day off when we get our second.

The problem here hasn't been supply, it's be logistics and a corrupt system. Hopefully the J&J rollout will at least mean the doses are being skimmed off the top by vaccine tourist and wealthy neighborhoods.

I've heard the same thing about the second shot - I'm scheduled for late March. I might just take the next day off - good tip.

It always seems like once the production might gets rolling, logistics is the issue. Distribution is always tough. Biden has been killing it though.

Agreed re the J&J one.

I've heard the same thing about the second shot - I'm scheduled for late March. I might just take the next day off - good tip.

It always seems like once the production might gets rolling, logistics is the issue. Distribution is always tough. Biden has been killing it though.

Agreed re the J&J one.
    Just finished my second dose of Moderna. Took 24 hours for the reaction to hit but it was pretty mild - 100 degree temperature plus some achiness, no chills or sweats. Reaction lasted about 12 hours. Perfectly fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Just finished my second dose of Moderna. Took 24 hours for the reaction to hit but it was pretty mild - 100 degree temperature plus some achiness, no chills or sweats. Reaction lasted about 12 hours. Perfectly fine after that.
    You are so brave. I'm afraid of that.

My mom recently got the first vaccine, but I'm afraid. My kith told me a lot of terrible things and I read a lot of unpleasant things. These facts stop me every day...

As I know you are injected virus but in a small dose. Is it true?