Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Seriously you where worried about that?
    Uh...yeah? Because there hasn't been a ton of data on that, and people will be stupid and overconfident and potentially act as transmitters.

Were you not worried about that?

Anyway has Biden done anything drastic to curb the Coronavirus or is he sitting on his as the last 2 weeks.
    Working on the garbage vaccine program he inherited, enacted mask requirements for inter-state travel, required masks on federal property, wears a mask indoors himself because he's not a punk bitch etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm sure you know better than the people at Oxford University.
    You mean that I know more than dubious news organization on the british isles, since you quoted tweets by Scott Beasley from Skynews.

That is likely true, but that is such a low bar that I am not flattered at all.

And to be clear: all my statement were from the paper written by researchers from Oxford University, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Soweto Clinical Trials Centre, AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, University of Nottingham and some other places.

But unfortunately I made a mistake that I, in contrast to Scott Beasley, will now correct:
    These findings are preliminary and have not been peer-reviewed.
    The findings should not be used for clinical or public health decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    You mean that I know more than dubious news organization on the british isles, since you quoted tweets Scott Beasley from Skynews.

That is likely true, but that is such a low bar that I am not flattered at all.

And to be clear: all my statement were from the paper written by researchers from Oxford University, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Soweto Clinical Trials Centre, AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, University of Nottingham and some other places.

But unfortunately I made a mistake that I, in contrast to Scott Beasley, will now correct:
    No, if I had meant that I would have typed that.

You think that Oxford University is a low bar? Hmm, world respected University with years of experience or a random, anonymous person on the internet... it's difficult to tell who knows most these days!

You sure showed them I will pass your concerns on. Oh and you forgot to mention that it doesn't work in people over 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Working on the garbage vaccine program he inherited, enacted mask requirements for inter-state travel, required masks on federal property, wears a mask indoors himself because he's not a punk bitch etc.
    What garbage vaccine program? Has biden altered the vaccine program in any meaningful way? and masks? They where already more or less implemented . So where is the plan he kept touting? Or is America going to lose a few more 100 k americans because Biden more or less copied Trumps covid reponse? I believe the answer is yes.

What garbage vaccine program?
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bid...on-11610794800

Paying attention helps!

and masks? They where already more or less implemented .
    There was no federal mandate for masks during travel or on federal properties. They were not being implemented, because the guy who could have implemented them was too busy being maskless at every opportunity.

Here's a press release about the Trump administrations failure to implement masks requirements for inter-state travel - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301148243.html

So where is the plan he kept touting?
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...eparedness.pdf

Plus the stimulus bill he's trying to get through Congress that will go a long way in helping this, including much needed state and local funding for their vaccine rollout programs, something Republicans are still pushing back against.

Or is America going to lose a few more 100 k americans because Biden more or less copied Trumps covid reponse? I believe the answer is yes.
    Come off it. Y'all didn't care as 400k Americans died due to Trump's inaction and misinformation. You can't act all morally outraged that the consequences of his inaction continue beyond his presidency, and the virulent anti-mask/covid-denial movement that he stoked remains.

You've made your bed. Enjoy the hundreds of thousands of dead Americans occupying it with you.

No, if I had meant that I would have typed that.
    You quoted tweets from Sky News not from Oxford University; in case you are can't tell them apart.

As far I could see the word "STOP" does not even appear in the paper, so the idea that it stops transmission is from Sky News, not Oxford.

And remember:

The reason I (in contrast to the unreliable tweets) added them is that Lancelet states that the finding shall not be presented to laypersons without that warning highlighted.
    I'm sure Oxford University agrees with that - even if Sky News don't seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    You quoted tweets from Sky News not from Oxford University; in case you are can't tell them apart.

As far I could see the word "STOP" does not even appear in the paper, so the idea that it stops transmission is from Sky News, not Oxford.

And remember:

The reason I (in contrast to the unreliable tweets) added them is that Lancelet states that the finding shall not be presented to laypersons without that warning highlighted.
    Ooh more selective quoting! No further comment on you supposedly knowing more than Oxford University?

Yes, I did and I'm not sure why you feel the need to mention this as I am perfectly capable of telling them apart. Was I supposed to wait for a peer review of the source paper before posting?

No! It didn't!? STOP THE PRESS! The word "stop" does not appear in the paper - I can't believe it! - it must all be bullshit then! How could they be so brazen! It's a good job we have an army of internet experts, like yourself, to keep them honest! I mean you've got almost 900 posts in the CV thread on an obscure forum, dedicated to World of Warcraft, how can the knowledge and experience at Oxford Uni possibly compare?!?

But really journalist gets a little carried away with good news on twitter. It's a travesty! And I think you'll find that he did quote the relevant headline from the Oxford press release.

This is potentially great news for everyone... now I wonder why you are trying (very badly) to discredit it...
    Last edited by Pann; 2021-02-02 at 11:12 PM.

Interesting.

That was one of the first vaccines developed. No one trusted it because Russia. Still don't many are going to be jumping in line for it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bid...on-11610794800

Paying attention helps!

There was no federal mandate for masks during travel or on federal properties. They were not being implemented, because the guy who could have implemented them was too busy being maskless at every opportunity.

Here's a press release about the Trump administrations failure to implement masks requirements for inter-state travel - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301148243.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...eparedness.pdf

Plus the stimulus bill he's trying to get through Congress that will go a long way in helping this, including much needed state and local funding for their vaccine rollout programs, something Republicans are still pushing back against.

Come off it. Y'all didn't care as 400k Americans died due to Trump's inaction and misinformation. You can't act all morally outraged that the consequences of his inaction continue beyond his presidency, and the virulent anti-mask/covid-denial movement that he stoked remains.

You've made your bed. Enjoy the hundreds of thousands of dead Americans occupying it with you.
    I mean inaction exists across both. It's just the new yearly flu. There was a chance to hold china and their " wet market" accountable but that's passed. It's time to just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It's just the new yearly flu.
    Citation from anyone with a medical degree needed. Otherwerise you're still shilling bad information.

There was a chance to hold china and their " wet market" accountable but that's passed.
    It still hasn't been sourced to wet markets yet, actually. This kind of xenophobic nonsense is old at this point.

Citation from anyone with a medical degree needed. Otherwerise you're still shilling bad information.

It still hasn't been sourced to wet markets yet, actually. This kind of xenophobic nonsense is old at this point.
    Kind of the point I was making.

Kind of the point I was making.
    You said it passed. There never was, actually.

And if we're to take your position, since the origin hasn't been identified, technically it hasn't even passed.

You said it passed. There never was, actually.

And if we're to take your position, since the origin hasn't been identified, technically it hasn't even passed.
    I think we might be talking about different things... I mean the moment to make a truely impactful difference has passed as well as investigating China's utterly bizzare actions to the early day of covid. For them to react so extremely with such limited time shows either they had knowledge about it before hand or they openly lied about the situation causing massive amounts of harm.

A message should be sent that if you fuck with the entire world consequences will follow. Instead we just bought back our medical supplies from them.

For them to react so extremely with such limited time shows either they had knowledge about it before hand or they openly lied about the situation causing massive amounts of harm.
    Authoritarian governments acts in authoritarian manner doesn't really raise a ton of red flags, mein duden. And for what it's worth, they were FAR more open and transparent compared to the SARS outbreak and previous other outbreaks.

Either way, there were extensive early warnings from China, the WHO, and countries intelligence communities, including and specifically the US. That the countries decided not to act on it is for them to resolve, not a problem with China.

A message should be sent that if you fuck with the entire world consequences will follow.
    Dude, pandemics are going to happen. This precise scenario has been warned about for decades. I get it, you wanna find a bad guy and punish them to feel good. The problem is that doesn't actually do/accomplish anything and it rejects the reality that we will face more of these and the international community needs to get their shit together and figure out how to respond to them so they're not as debilitating in the longterm as covid has been.,

Instead we just bought back our medical supplies from them.
    ...and? I mean, I'm all for having more domestic production of critical protective gear etc., but like...should the Chinese people writ-large be punished for this? Will you not be happy until some poor Chinese factory worker suffers even more?

Authoritarian governments acts in authoritarian manner doesn't really raise a ton of red flags, mein duden. And for what it's worth, they were FAR more open and transparent compared to the SARS outbreak and previous other outbreaks.

Either way, there were extensive early warnings from China, the WHO, and countries intelligence communities, including and specifically the US. That the countries decided not to act on it is for them to resolve, not a problem with China.

Dude, pandemics are going to happen. This precise scenario has been warned about for decades. I get it, you wanna find a bad guy and punish them to feel good. The problem is that doesn't actually do/accomplish anything and it rejects the reality that we will face more of these and the international community needs to get their shit together and figure out how to respond to them so they're not as debilitating in the longterm as covid has been.,

...and? I mean, I'm all for having more domestic production of critical protective gear etc., but like...should the Chinese people writ-large be punished for this? Will you not be happy until some poor Chinese factory worker suffers even more?
    I don't really believe you grasp the importance of what occured... the entire world suffered because the country everyone openly mocks didn't want to look weak.

I am far less convinced of the innocence of " viruses happen," you don't freak out to the level they did when it was that early. Who didn't warn anyone they downplayed it for months until the cdc backed them into a corner.

I don't really believe you grasp the importance of what occured... the entire world suffered because the country everyone openly mocks didn't want to look weak.

I am far less convinced of the innocence of " viruses happen," you don't freak out to the level they did when it was that early. Who didn't warn anyone they downplayed it for months until the cdc backed them into a corner.
    You find hat evidence, yet... or is this another time when you spread shit all over the floor, then run away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You find hat evidence, yet... or is this another time when you spread shit all over the floor, then run away?
    How silly of me. Everyone knows the second day you hear about a new disease you start welding people into their homes...

Does it feel weird to know you trust the Chinese government more then the average chinese citizen?

How silly of me. Everyone knows the second day you hear about a new disease you start welding people into their homes...

Does it feel weird to know you trust the Chinese government more then the average chinese citizen?
    Well, it looks like you are dangerously short on evidence... again.

I don't trust shit, least of all you. How many times have you been busted lying, and pushing baseless claims? I've lost count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Man, this is one of the worst takes I've seen in a while.

Dude, the WHO, who were working with China, were warning before the CDC did. This is some fuckin fanfiction shit, yo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it looks like you are dangerously short on evidence... again.
    It seems to be a unique feature of every one of his posts. Bold assertions without any evidence.

China DID weld people into their homes, and they got passed the virus in a fairly short time.
    The US did NOT weld people into their homes, and we are still having issues with it.