Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    You are just confusing the masses. Stop at 100% effective. Keep it simple.
    Well, if the masses get vaccinated I prefer that they still get tested in case they show symptoms - instead of believing that the vaccine was 100% effective and they are totally immune.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yep, it’s a very unremarkable study... It’s why deniers started pushing fake suicide statistics and now claim that vaccines get you sick. It’s the same appeal. If someone considers it immoral to not wear a mask, they are more likely to wear it. If some hack millionaire goes on daily rants how it’s child abuse to wear masks, that will encourage people to not wear the mask, because they have just been presented with a morality play.

Kinda implies something about posting a study, about people acting on morality, when it comes to covid. Where to people such as my self, this study is wholly unremarkable, because that’s how humans work. I think based on this and the abrasive reaction to folks pointing out the obvious... I think the intent of posting it, was to continue your assertions that covid was something driven by the media. Much like your claim of Virtual Education Shock Doctrine was based on conspiracy about covid, that study had the same intent... try to pretend that reaction to covid is based on morality, driven by the liberal media... instead of morality of not wanting to kill people.

What was significant about that covid study?
    Did you read what the study was about? It wasn't about whether covid itself had anything to do with morality, but how people perceive the risks of getting covid based on the morality of the action. People would assume the more moral action had less risk. One example would be if a person considered partying on a beach (frivolous, non-essential activity) riskier than going to a doctor's office even though it's well known that being indoors and around other sick people would actually be way riskier. It's showing that people aren't rational in their risk assessments and that needs to be understood in the messaging about covid transmission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Did you read what the study was about? It wasn't about whether covid itself had anything to do with morality, but how people perceive the risks of getting covid based on the morality of the action. People would assume the more moral action had less risk. One example would be if a person considered partying on a beach (frivolous, non-essential activity) riskier than going to a doctor's office even though it's well known that being indoors and around other sick people would actually be way riskier. It's showing that people aren't rational in their risk assessments and that needs to be understood in the messaging about covid transmission.
    Yes, I consider it unremarkable and am showing how unremarkable it is by relating it to covid. Since that’s the thread topic... You think churches that demanded to be open during covid, acted based on immorality?

FYI: When you go to a doctor, at least in my experience... they measure your temperature at the door, then hand you a mask. They take every precaution possible, even when it’s in doors. It is safe to go to a doctor... don’t act like a doctor’s office, is just an enclosed space. Discouraging going to a doctor is kinda shit...

Oh and just got my shot at Target... I know... morality of getting a shot, in a public space... how remarkable... :/

No super powers yet... been over 2 hours... I think I got defective nano bots... my shoulder doesn’t even hurt...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nn...the-vaccinated

A conspiracy ripping through the anti-vax world may finally drive some anti-maskers to do the unthinkable: wear a mask and keep their distance.

The conspiracy—which comes in several shapes and sizes—more or less says the vaccinated will “shed” certain proteins onto the unvaccinated who will then suffer adverse effects. The main worry is the “shedding” will cause irregular menstruation, infertility, and miscarriages. The entirely baseless idea is a key cog in a larger conspiracy that COVID-19 was a ploy to depopulate the world, and the vaccine is what will cull the masses.

Experts say the conspiracy is born from a fundamental misunderstanding of how vaccines work. It has been widely debunked and you can read about it here, here, and here, among other places.

Anti-vax influencers are instructing their fellow anti-vaxxers as well as anti-maskers (at this point the two communities overlap to a huge degree) that one of the best ways to defend themselves from this blight is to co-opt…social distancing, the very strategy they have long decried.

Sherri Tenpenny, an anti-vaxxer who was found to be key in spreading COVID-19 conspiracy theories, suggested on a recent anti-vax livestream that you may have to “stay away from somebody who's had these shots…forever.”

Another prominent anti-vaxxer suggested quarantining people who have been vaccinated. “There is something being passed from people who are shot up with this poison to others who have not gotten the shot,” said Larry Palevsky, a New York pediatrician and anti-vaxxer, on a separate livestream. They should also “have a badge on their arms that say ‘I've been vaccinated even though it's not a vaccine’ so that we know to avoid them on the street, to not go near them anywhere in society,” he said.

It’s not just social distancing that anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers are begrudgingly accepting. Some conspiracy theorists are wondering if perhaps their longtime bane, the mask, could become their salvation. One perplexed poster on the fringe site 4chan asked their fellow anons if they should “wear a mask around the vaccinated, because they shed the mRNA stuff?”

“I am going to be watching these vaccine shedding stories like a hawk,” wrote another man on Twitter. “Is my family going to need to wear masks to protect ourselves from the vaccinated?”

While the conspiracy is baseless, the fear it is causing vaccine skeptics is very real. And where there is a fear, there’s money to be made.

In a recent livestream appearance with a Canadian sovereign citizen, Judy Mikovits—one of the leading anti-vax celebrities and the key figure in the conspiracy film “Plandemic”—spoke in-depth about the conspiracy. Mikovits told a story about how she was kicked off a plane for wearing a colloidal silver mask—colloidal silver being a supplement long championed by the anti-vax and holistic crowd—to defend herself from airborne viruses.

“Why do you think they pulled me off the plane with the silver mask?” said Mikovits. “Because I'm not going to get sick, folks. I'm not going to get sick.”

The implication is these are the only masks that will work for not just viruses like COVID-19 but also the shedding. Thankfully, the masks are available from online holistic stores, of course.

Drew, an anti-fascist researcher who first tweeted about Mikovits’ stance on masks, told VICE World News he doesn’t think the masks will catch on among the anti-maskers.

"Rhetoric over the past year like ‘my body, my choice,’ ‘facts over fear,’ ‘take off the muzzle’ are going to look silly if they do (wear masks),” said Drew, who didn’t want his last name to be used out of fear of reprisals.

Nevertheless, the conspiracy is picking up steam. Recently a private school in Miami went so far as to ban vaccinated teachers from interacting with unvaccinated students. In April, a Gold Shop in Kelowna, British Columbia, caused a stir when the owners put up a sign saying the vaccinated were banned from entering the store, citing worries about vaccine shedding. The store also had a sign that masking was not allowed and instructed customers to “lower their face diaper.”

The community is still attempting to figure out how to deal with “vaccine shedding” so, to be clear, not every anti-masker is endorsing masking.

“The mask won't save people from this, either. So if you're thinking you're just going to walk around with a mask on around your vaccinated friends and family members, it's the same as walking around with one for COVID,” said one woman during a YouTube roundup for anti-vaxxers who purported to be Canadian nurses. “It's going right through.”

Natural News, an anti-vaccination conspiracy site that was banned from Facebook for spreading misinformation, is reporting hard on the shedding. In one article, a blogger wrote “a mask is useless to protect against spike protein transmission.”

The website instead advises that the only thing that may save them is a “pine needle tea.”
    There is something delightful about this if true.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nn...the-vaccinated

There is something delightful about this if true.
    good maybe these people will stay in their homes..... if only we could cut off the internet to them too
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    good maybe these people will stay in their homes..... if only we could cut off the internet to them too
    ...something something... "5G towers!!!" ...something something... "internet signals carrying the plague!!!" ...something something...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    ...something something... "5G towers!!!" ...something something... "internet signals carrying the plague!!!" ...something something...
    ohh now you're thinking.
    quick someone give me a link to Q.

maybe post on infowars and fox?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

irregular menstruation, infertility, and miscarriages
    Why the fuck does it seem like conspiracy theorists always have this shit on their minds? Demon sex causing infertility and shit.

It's kinda hilarious that they're becoming an IRL version of the "how is babby formed" Yahoo Questions meme.

I like...almost want to promote this, though? Just remind them that we're all vaccinated and that they should keep wearing masks and staying away because we could totes infect them with...whatever it is we're supposedly shedding. Seriously, stay the fuck inside bros, that's where it's safe!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    ohh now you're thinking.
    quick someone give me a link to Q.

maybe post on infowars and fox?
    After getting the shot today, I have my own conspiracy. I didn’t look when they were giving the shot. I looked away, next thing I know I got bandaid. Set there for 15 minutes... nothing... been 9 hours... no shoulder pain... no flu like symptoms... no super powers... nothing...

Like... how do I know I got the shot?

I’m very disappointed... if... and I mean if... I got the shot... what a nothing burger. All this hoopla, over this? As usual... take it away Peggy Lee...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I thought Uber and Lyft were already doing that. Or was that in CA only?
    On moral grounds I'd never tell people to use Uber or Lyft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    The morning after, post shot update. Nothing... gf didn’t believe me, told me to lift my arm and shit... nothing...

We get free days off if we have a reaction to the shot or get covid it self. I know it sounds bad... but, I have mixed feelings... I could use a couple of free days off... but, I didn’t have any reaction... I am happy and sad at the same time...

Oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t have any reaction...
    That's what THE GOVERNEMENT wants you to think!

15+ Year Old Account
    The morning after, post shot update. Nothing... gf didn’t believe me, told me to lift my arm and shit... nothing...

We get free days off if we have a reaction to the shot or get covid it self. I know it sounds bad... but, I have mixed feelings... I could use a couple of free days off... but, I didn’t have any reaction... I am happy and sad at the same time...

Oh well...
    Maybe you got a fake shot!

Which manufacturer btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why the fuck does it seem like conspiracy theorists always have this shit on their minds? Demon sex causing infertility and shit.
    A rather disturbing image of a man menstruating... *sigh*
    Something for the conspiracist to play with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe you got a fake shot!
    Been making that joke all morning at work.

Which manufacturer btw?
    J&J... one and done...

10+ Year Old Account
    J&J... one and done...
    My mother got AZ, which uses a similar imunization as J&J, and she didn't had any symptoms at all.

For some reason my whole family ended up with Moderna. My father and mother in their mid to late 80s had no adverse reactions at all. In my case, the day after my second shot I felt like I had over-exercised my left arm. My wife felt like somebody punched her arm repeatedly. Her left arm looked bruised for two days. My son had fever and diarrhea for a day. My daughter, sister and two nephews claimed they did not feel anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason my whole family ended up with Moderna. My father and mother in their mid to late 80s had no adverse reactions at all. In my case, the day after my second shot I felt like I had over-exercised my left arm. My wife felt like somebody punched her arm repeatedly. Her left arm looked bruised for two days. My son had fever and diarrhea for a day. My daughter, sister and two nephews claimed they did not feel anything.
    The gf got Pfizer and had the arm pain... the rest of the family hunted down J&J specifically. I think my uncle was sick for a day... but, that’s about it.

I didn’t care which vaccine... it’s the one they had at target, but J&J is more convenient.

Edit: When I say target, I mean CVS pharmacy inside Target. Had to reassure my mom yesterday, that it’s wasn’t a cashier doing shots or something.

ooof. my arm didn't LOOK bruised after first shot of moderna, but it certainly felt it for about 4 days. it literally felt like a healing bruise after being kicked in the arm by a small horse... now I'm thinking I should have gone hunting for J&J like I was originally hoping for, rather then going with whatever my local health center had.... thank fuck we just finished building a dog run in a backyard, cause i have a feeling actual dog walks are not happening after my second shot for a few days at least.

Heh, I haven't had an arm as sore as the vaccines made them since I was a wee lad and my older brother was still bigger than me and would give me regular dead-arms. Painful, but like, oddly familiar and kinda comforting in a way? I dunno, it's weird.