1. #22381
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    all i did when i had it was sleep and this was before anyone even knew covid was a thing back in dec 2019 had every symptom but the loss of smell and taste
    How do you know it was COVID19? We were in a very active flu season before Covid. Hell if the lockdowns and masks curved anything it was influenza.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  2. #22382
    Pit Lord Roxinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How do you know it was COVID19? We were in a very active flu season before Covid. Hell if the lockdowns and masks curved anything it was influenza.
    last time i checked the flu didnt come with bad coughing and the breathing issues thats typical with covid
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

  3. #22383
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    last time i checked the flu didnt come with bad coughing and the breathing issues thats typical with covid
    The flu can cause breathing issues (one of the causes of death either from the flu or comorbid pneumonia), and also cough - just not the dry cough associated with covid.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  4. #22384
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    last time i checked the flu didnt come with bad coughing and the breathing issues thats typical with covid
    really cause every time i had the flu it came with a nice dose of respiratory problems including coughing and wheezing.

    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  5. #22385
    Pit Lord Roxinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The flu can cause breathing issues (one of the causes of death either from the flu or comorbid pneumonia), and also cough - just not the dry cough associated with covid.
    mine was dry and more sever then i have ever had with the flu
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

  6. #22386
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    mine was dry and more sever then i have ever had with the flu
    I can't diagnose you, all i'm saying is that a lock of people have missed up the flu and covid (and the cold with the flu) because they forgot how much the flu can actually suck. Some people think they get the flu every year until they actually get the flu with all the body aches and breathing issues that come with it.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #22387
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    mine was dry and more sever then i have ever had with the flu
    Unless you have had a positive covid test or antibody test it’s best not to self-diagnose.

  8. #22388
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,469
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  9. #22389
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,873
    These charts have been all over the place after the J&J vaccine got approved in the US. Makes sense that a lot of people don't know the difference between the different technologies.


    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  10. #22390
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    My parents (both creeping up on 70) got their second dose of the Moderna shot on Friday. Mom had a reaction (fever, etc) that hit her Saturday night, and she felt like crap most of Sunday, but she was feeling better by Sunday evening and is fine today. Dad didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. So overall, that wasn't too bad.
    Congrats! I know getting my parents vaccinated was my number one concern as soon as they were eligible. It’s a huge relief knowing they’re not at serious risk any more.

  11. #22391
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,873
    I got my first shot today (Pfizer) . Feels like I was laying on my arm funny or that I had a good arm day a few days ago with the soreness just going away.

    We were told side effects are a lot common after the second shot. Flu like but only lasted 24hrs or so.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-03-01 at 07:23 PM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  12. #22392
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,064
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I got my first shot today (Pfizer) . Feels like I was laying on my arm funny or that I had a good arm day a few days ago with the soreness just going away.

    We were told side effects are a lot common after the second shot. Flu like but only lasted 24hrs or so.
    So did I. I haven't so far experienced any side affects, not even sore arm.

    I know this might sound weird, but it's just sort of setting in that I got the vaccine to a global pandemic we're still living in and through. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.

  13. #22393

  14. #22394
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,873
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So did I. I haven't so far experienced any side affects, not even sore arm.

    I know this might sound weird, but it's just sort of setting in that I got the vaccine to a global pandemic we're still living in and through. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.
    How is your 5G reception? The voices in my head grow faint if I turn on my microwave.

    /s.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  15. #22395
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How is your 5G reception? The voices in my head grow faint if I turn on my microwave.

    /s.
    Yes, I’m pedantic. Microwaves typically operate on the 2.4GHz frequency.

  16. #22396
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    all i did when i had it was sleep and this was before anyone even knew covid was a thing back in dec 2019 had every symptom but the loss of smell and taste
    You had every symptom, excluding the neurological damage that differentiates covid from the flu?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  17. #22397
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,064
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How is your 5G reception? The voices in my head grow faint if I turn on my microwave.

    /s.
    Fucking awesome - even when the power went out I was seeing all the colors. /s

    Sore arm this morning. Not complaining.

  18. #22398
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,663
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fucking awesome - even when the power went out I was seeing all the colors. /s

    Sore arm this morning. Not complaining.
    Are you sure no one slipped you a PopSicle? It gets you fucked up...



    Sorry... carry on...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #22399
    https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/st...352291347?s=19

    Apparently Texas is "back to normal" starting Wednesday, businesses can re-open 100% if they want, no mask mandates etc. There's not even a real pressure valve here, even though county judges can re-implement some masking/lower capacity rules etc. if ICU's start filling up, they cannot enforce them with any penalties so they're pointless.

    If you're in Texas, stay safe. Mask up, keep social distancing, etc. etc. Your governor may want you fuckin dead, but plenty of us would rather you still be alive and healthy.

  20. #22400
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/st...352291347?s=19

    Apparently Texas is "back to normal" starting Wednesday, businesses can re-open 100% if they want, no mask mandates etc. There's not even a real pressure valve here, even though county judges can re-implement some masking/lower capacity rules etc. if ICU's start filling up, they cannot enforce them with any penalties so they're pointless.

    If you're in Texas, stay safe. Mask up, keep social distancing, etc. etc. Your governor may want you fuckin dead, but plenty of us would rather you still be alive and healthy.
    Texas Republicans are obviously not content with just one recent disaster for their state, they got to work on the next.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •