Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    If they are not personally affected by it, it's not a problem.
    We csnt change the entire counry based on the 0.03%. Its over. The risks aren't big enough anymore. Lockdown was supposed to just stall the spread. Well its 16 months later and we have vaccines.

Well, looks like Australia is about to be bent over by the delta strain and have really bad things done to it.

A week ago everything seemed fine. Everyone thought things were going to continue on that way, despite leaks from quarantine, but those had always been brought under control.

But then the delta strain leaked and in the space of a few days it has gotten into almost every state and territory. Lockdowns have been applied in some places and the rest are putting limitations back into place, but the big fear is given how crazy transmissible delta is coupled with a really low vaccination rate so far that it may be too late. Seriously, the vaccine rollout here has sucked majorly.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Its over. The risks aren't big enough anymore.
    You should tell that to the peoples family's who are still getting sick and dying. This isn't over not even close and the science and numbers prove it.

We never went into a lockdown this country has halfassed it every step of the way.

What part of the Delta strain (among other strains) is strong against the vaccines are you not understanding? This shit had long enough to spread around to make many strains and mutate.

Also as for this
    You are talking about basically the 0.1%. 99.9% of children/teens are fine.
    Seriously go fuck yourself.

Being ok with a death that is 100% preventable is signs of a sociopath and you need to seek help.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-06-28 at 04:43 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The risks aren't big enough anymore.
    You and your co-ideologists were busy claiming that when your country was getting 9/11s worth of deaths every day.

Your credibility among thinking people is nonexistent.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should tell that to the peoples family's who are still getting sick and dying. This isn't over not even close and the science and numbers prove it.

We never went into a lockdown this country has halfassed it every step of the way.

What part of the Delta strain (among other strains) is strong against the vaccines are you not understanding? This shit had long enough to spread around to make many strains and mutate.

Also as for this

Seriously go fuck yourself.

Being ok with a death that is 100% preventable is signs of a sociopath and you need to seek help.
    Better close down the beaches to prevent shark attacks and pools to prevent drownings and remove all cars from the road to prevent deaths. Life is back to normal. If you aren't okay with that then stay in your basement.

All the restrictions are being removed and people that want a vaccine are vaccinated at this point. So honestly people need to just get over it. I went in to a wendy's a few days ago and there's no sign telling me to wear a mask anymore. I went in without a mask and no one told me not to. Felt great. It's not 2020 anymore or even January 2021. Time to wake up.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-06-28 at 04:55 AM.

Better close down the beaches to prevent shark attacks and pools to prevent drownings and remove all cars from the road to prevent deaths. Life is back to normal. If you aren't okay with that then stay in your basement.

All the restrictions are being removed and people that want a vaccine are vaccinated at this point. So honestly people need to just get over it. I went in to a wendy's a few days ago and there's no sign telling me to wear a mask anymore. I went in without a mask and no one told me not to. Felt great. It's not 2020 anymore or even January 2021. Time to wake up.
    With posts like this you really are showing your true colors...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Kids barely even affected by covid. Most don't even realize they had it since its so minor.
    yah especially when they become carriers and kill their parents and grandparents. But hey they were barely affected right?

- - - Updated - - -

No we instituted saftey standards and made them MANDITORY. you know like seatbelts. airbags. DWI laws. etc etc. MANDITORY.... but but my body my choice huh?

We close beaches to prevent shark attacks when we know there is a problem. Ooops you fail.

We put lifeguards on duty to prevent drownings in pool.....and made them manditory in public pools.

hmmm, that's a whole lot of "forced" things you have to do....

sigh, got anything else

- - - Updated - - -

We csnt change the entire counry based on the 0.03%. Its over. The risks aren't big enough anymore. Lockdown was supposed to just stall the spread. Well its 16 months later and we have vaccines.
    How many people die in drunk driving accidents.....i would bet its probably under .03% huh? but we changed the entire country based on it.

about 10k out of 320 million. hmm very early to be doing math
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This is a pretty good example of just why it is so important to vaccinate - a birthday party in Sydney saw 30 people attend. 24 had not been vaccinated and all caught the delta strain (and them passed it onto to household contacts.) The other 6 were health care workers who had received both shots and NONE of them caught it. And this is the delta strain we are talking about.

So yeah, get vaccinated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better close down the beaches to prevent shark attacks...
    Death by shark is a fucking anomaly. There are like 5 a year. Worldwide.

...and pools to prevent drownings...
    And yet, we continue to use lifeguards because, you know, prudent precaution is worthwhile.

...and remove all cars from the road to prevent deaths.
    Traffic laws, safety regulations, all that shit we do to prevent death. And the vast, vast majority of vehicular deaths are due to violations of the law (speeding, DUI, etc.) Can't prevent stupidity... clearly.

Life is back to normal. If you aren't okay with that then stay in your basement.

Sociopathic tendencies are all the rage, I see.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Death by shark is a fucking anomaly. There are like 5 a year. Worldwide.

And yet, we continue to use lifeguards because, you know, prudent precaution is worthwhile.

Traffic laws, safety regulations, all that shit we do to prevent death. And the vast, vast majority of vehicular deaths are due to violations of the law (speeding, DUI, etc.) Can't prevent stupidity... clearly.

Sociopathic tendencies are all the rage, I see.
    Well, then I'll just keep being a sociopath and you keep worrying about Covid even after everything opens up and requirements are removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering the last year and a half, I wouldn't trust much of anything coming out of the WHO's mouths when it comes to this pandemic.
    I thought we were over "WHO is bad/China's puppet" in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I thought we were over "WHO is bad/China's puppet" in this thread.
    They very much deserve to be criticized for their role in this, but I'm not blaming them entirely either. I just don't care for an organization that couldn't stay on message and couldn't get the truth out of the Chinese government about what was going on.

I don't think the baby needs the vaccine because they are the easiest to get sick. In addition, the vaccine has a negative effect on the child's body. It is not a good idea to create a vaccine for children in a hurry, as this can lead to unpleasant consequences. This is my subjective opinion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Well, looks like Australia is about to be bent over by the delta strain and have really bad things done to it.

A week ago everything seemed fine. Everyone thought things were going to continue on that way, despite leaks from quarantine, but those had always been brought under control.

But then the delta strain leaked and in the space of a few days it has gotten into almost every state and territory. Lockdowns have been applied in some places and the rest are putting limitations back into place, but the big fear is given how crazy transmissible delta is coupled with a really low vaccination rate so far that it may be too late. Seriously, the vaccine rollout here has sucked majorly.
    The fact that any country is still allowing flights in and out of India at this point amazes me. Like, we've known about this variant for a couple of months and been concerned about it since they started having massive infection spikes in that country, which was bound to happen due to population density. Yet our countries are still allowing travel. The whole country needs to be quarantined from the outside world until their infections drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They very much deserve to be criticized for their role in this, but I'm not blaming them entirely either. I just don't care for an organization that couldn't stay on message and couldn't get the truth out of the Chinese government about what was going on.
    How would they or anyone else get anything out of China without China willing it? Via magic?
    Stay on message? They published information as it became available. What is with this strange approach of "WHO should have immediately known everything about Covid-19" Same crap as with geniuses in States blaming Fauci about masks policy - it evolved as new and more complete info became available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

A new study finds that a third dose of AZ restores peak immunity although it found that there is no need for a booster yet. Presumably this will be the same for all vaccines which bodes well for keeping the virus under control going forward.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...unity-12343859

Well, then I'll just keep being a sociopath and you keep worrying about Covid even after everything opens up and requirements are removed.
    “You continue to be a responsible person while I’m a complete shitter” is a weird take.

Pennsylvanians will no longer be required to wear masks

Monday, state health officials announced, marking another step in the commonwealth’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic after 16 months of restrictions and more than 27,000 residents’ deaths.

Pennsylvania is the last jurisdiction in the region to lift the long-standing mandate, with mask orders already lifted in Philadelphia and New Jersey.

the end of the mandate means unvaccinated people can also stop wearing masks — though state health officials urged them to continue masking in public. The virus is still circulating, and anyone who is unvaccinated is at risk of contracting it if exposed. Vaccines remain readily available, often on a walk-in basis, at pharmacies, hospitals, and clinics throughout the region.

Mixing different vaccines produce a robust immune response.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ponse-12344108

I cannot believe how horrifically bad the ad campaign is to convince the public to get vaxxed. Its like the people in charge of these ads have never, ever interacted with another human being before. if you have ever tried to sell anyone on a product or service, you know that, for a large chunk of customers, issue #1 is PRICE. People will make horrifically bad life decisions just to save 2 pennies. Happens all the damn time. NONE of the ads I've seen, read or heard mention that the vax is free. If people don't hear the word free, they are gonna refuse to get vaxxed. its gonna be impossible to reach herd immunity like this.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.