Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Masks will no longer be required outdoors starting April 18 in Israel.
    June 15th California is opening up... just got a news alert...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    June 15th California is opening up... just got a news alert...
    At least I'll be fully vaccinated by then, but like shit am I going back to full normal yet.

I think masks will be part of my outfits going forward. I like not getting sick and ever since I started wearing one I haven’t been, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least I'll be fully vaccinated by then, but like shit am I going back to full normal yet.
    Well when you have majority of adult pop at least where I live vaccinated - it's really no more concern.

We had fully unrestricted passover holidays a week ago and seems like it went without a hitch, there is a bump in R number of like 0.1, but seems like that's about it.

I think we're going to start vaccinating 12-16 yo, waiting for that one to be approved, but overall it seems like what we have as is - already does the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think masks will be part of my outfits going forward. I like not getting sick and ever since I started wearing one I haven’t been, knock on wood.
    To be fair, masks are not for you/me - they are for people you are with. I used to wear N95s (or Chinese knock offs of those, rather), but after getting vaccinated I wear standard surgical and mostly because it's required by authorities and once that's lifted - I'll stop.

It's all nice and well, but I'm not really going to be hypochondriac about it, if you're vaccinated - you're ok. It's really time for some normalcy here and I glad things went smooth here with vaccinations.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear Moderna are working on some combo flu/covid shot, so you can just do it yearly with your standard flu shot. Now that's something I like to be doing years forward.

Well when you have majority of adult pop at least where I live vaccinated - it's really no more concern.

We had fully unrestricted passover holidays a week ago and seems like it went without a hitch, there is a bump in R number of like 0.1, but seems like that's about it.

I think we're going to start vaccinating 12-16 yo, waiting for that one to be approved, but overall it seems like what we have as is - already does the job.
    I don't trust that the state will have enough folks vaccinated by that time, especially given the disturbingly large number of people (including over half of Republican men, apparently) who say they will refuse to get the vaccine.

I mean, I'm totes looking forward to getting back to normal with my immediate family and friends and whatnot, but I don't trust the "general public" in the slightest. *Insert Men in Black speech about a person being smart and people being dumb here*

I don't trust that the state will have enough folks vaccinated by that time, especially given the disturbingly large number of people (including over half of Republican men, apparently) who say they will refuse to get the vaccine.

I mean, I'm totes looking forward to getting back to normal with my immediate family and friends and whatnot, but I don't trust the "general public" in the slightest. *Insert Men in Black speech about a person being smart and people being dumb here*
    Well I mean, the general public here came through.

And dayum, we sure ain't a bunch of intellectuals following recommendations to the letter. There are still a million adults who are running around unvaccinated despite being two taps away in the app from scheduling immediate appointment, but it seems in the grand scheme of things - they don't really matter anyway when you have 4 times that amount covered.

In the end herd immunity does seem to work and that's all that matters. If you got covered, your family got covered - then that's it in my book.

There will be always people who are a tad off, but they don't matter anymore. Like I know this guy who is convinced that government is planting "chips" inside people with vaccines and I'm not even arguing with him, because he's an old guy who's firm in his beliefs and you just can't change that - it's like religious people, firm belief in X. Ultimately I would just be wasting my time. But he just does not matter for me anymore as far as C19 is concerned.

I certainly won't be hiding under the rock for the rest of my life just because minority of idiots believe in nonsense. If you're vaccinated, that's that.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-04-06 at 06:44 PM.

But again.

No evidence to support per the article.

No causal link. No "A causes B".
    Some got the vaccine and then they got this side-effect in significant numbers; thus the conclusion is that the vaccine causes the rare blood clot in combination with blood platelet deficiency. That's how evidence normally works.

People still don't know how another vaccine caused a side-effect more than a decade after it happened.

People actually began using vaccines before they had discovered viruses, and we still don't fully understand how they work even now.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, masks are not for you/me - they are for people you are with. I used to wear N95s (or Chinese knock offs of those, rather), but after getting vaccinated I wear standard surgical and mostly because it's required by authorities and once that's lifted - I'll stop.

It's all nice and well, but I'm not really going to be hypochondriac about it, if you're vaccinated - you're ok. It's really time for some normalcy here and I glad things went smooth here with vaccinations.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear Moderna are working on some combo flu/covid shot, so you can just do it yearly with your standard flu shot. Now that's something I like to be doing years forward.
    They actually do a pretty good job of protecting you from viruses and the like. Especially if you have n95 going on(I use N95 filters inserted in a cotton mask). And since you can sterilize and reuse the filters a decent bit... yeah, I’ll keep using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They actually do a pretty good job of protecting you from viruses and the like. Especially if you have n95 going on(I use N95 filters inserted in a cotton mask). And since you can sterilize and reuse the filters a decent bit... yeah, I’ll keep using them.
    Up to you.

Just a tip though, we're advised against using N95 with filters and you can't go into clinic/hospital wearing that, because it's one way protection for you, but not for the others. Every time I went to local clinic and hospital here, I had a guard demanding to take that shit off and put surgical mask instead they offer.

Masks here are mandated to prevent people spreading it to others.

Up to you.

Just a tip though, we're advised against using N95 with filters and you can't go into clinic/hospital wearing that, because it's one way protection for you but not for the others.
    No it isn’t, I’m not talking about one way valve filters. It’s literally a filter in between two sewn together pieces of cotton. Same as a surgical mask, but n95 rated.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...avirus-vpx.cnn

Thousands, thousands of maskless idiots packing together to get drunk off shitty overpriced beer and eat some shitty overpriced hot dogs (I love them, though) at a ball game while we're still in the middle of a pandemic here.

And now Oxford University pauses the AstraZeneca vaccine in a study for young people:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2BT2F5

(Good call, I'm not convinced that the vaccine does more good than harm in that age group.)

I am all mask all the time once this is over... a year of listening to people talk about flying spittle... I’ve seen where people have been... pass on the spittle...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

They should never have been required outdoors to begin with. Such an idiotic nonsense (mass gathering events excluded ofc but these are prohibited now anyway). Won't see a dent in the numbers either way.
    Call me when you drop the mandate indoors, that's when it gets interesting.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2021-04-07 at 02:45 PM.

Lucky you guys. Netherlands is opening stuff too.. which is stupid as hell seeing how badly they're doing atm. its a clusterfuck. 1 million vaccines sitting on a shelf. locations not or rarely working. And all because we want to do it by the book. The Polder-model is shit. has been shit for centuries and now it shows.

(Yes, im frustrated and angry. A country like the Netherlands should do better, I expect better!)
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Well, AZ after all has that sideeffect, then. This will definitely hurt vaccination efforts, a lot. Most of EU and some other countries do have a bit of vindication, though, especially now since the UK will not give it to younger than 30. The risk still is veeeeeeery small, 4 per million in UK? But, alas, human mind is stupid, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Shower thought: With basically the entire planet getting vaccinated, will this be the final nail in the coffin of anti-vaxxer propaganda? Or will we see an entire generation of autists be born? Stay tuned...
    But it won't be, far from it. That is the realistic outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

It takes at least 3-4 weeks to see the result of any event so you might be popping the champagne a bit too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It takes at least 3-4 weeks to see the result of any event so you might be popping the champagne a bit too soon.
    Nyah, it's fine, soon 2 weeks and not a zilch. It's really not surprising you have half a country vaccinated.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-04-07 at 09:46 PM.

Nyah, it's fine, soon 2 weeks and not a zilch. It's really not surprising you have half a country vaccinated.
    Which basically means that vaccination is working as advertised.
    Good.

Now we just need to get enough juice into enough people.

Again according to everything we have learned from this virus 2 weeks is not enough time and half the country is not high enough for herd immunity.