1. #23281
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,728
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not wanting to spread covid, is, not trying to kill people, and therefore morally good.

    When a teacher can't connect the dots...
    Why am I being told this by you? Maybe that is the question I should have asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA, corporate America is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  2. #23282
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Why am I being told this by you? Maybe that is the question I should have asked.
    Better to look in the mirror and ask yourself why multiple people are having to tell you this.

  3. #23283
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Why am I being told this by you? Maybe that is the question I should have asked.
    Because you posted the study... we can’t @ the actual author...

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Better to look in the mirror and ask yourself why multiple people are having to tell you this.
    For me, it’s because they posted the study. /shrug
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  4. #23284
    Just pointing out that factoring morality into risk assessment isn't unique to covid - https://escholarship.org/uc/item/4wm9b2b2

    It's a pretty human thing to do in general. We look more favorably upon anything we deem "morally good" (including that something may be less risky) and less favorably on anything we deem "morally bad" (including that it may pose greater risk).

  5. #23285
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,728
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Better to look in the mirror and ask yourself why multiple people are having to tell you this.
    Right now its just you, nobody else seems that upset about a study. So what is up buddy? What are we doing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA, corporate America is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  6. #23286
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Right now its just you, nobody else seems that upset about a study. So what is up buddy? What are we doing here?
    Damn @Felya, you got some john cena powers here.

  7. #23287
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    23,728
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Damn @Felya, you got some john cena powers here.
    Oh, I keep the reply-guy on ignore, I'm not down to talk to the "Colombian Exchange never happened" guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA, corporate America is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

  8. #23288
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think the virus cares whether the subjects are doing morally good actions or otherwise.

    Pastor says he won't close church after COVID-19 outbreak infected 74 members
    He's just helping his congregation get to meet Jesus faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  9. #23289
    FDA authorizes Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for adolescents 12 to 15 years old

    It is 100% effective btw. The bad thing is that only 30% of the parents surveyed by Kaiser Health will get the vaccine for their children immediately. On the other hand, the children themselves are almost universally eager to get the vaccine.

    OC and San Diego County are almost ready for yellow tier.

    Pfizer is also applying for FDA general use for their vaccine. At which point, the military, universities, hospitals and care facilities can then legally require their employees to get the vaccine.

    Also, Moderna is currently testing children as young as 6. Since no news is generally good news, I assume they haven't killed any of their test subjects yet.
    Last edited by Rasulis; Today at 12:27 AM.

  10. #23290
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Oh, I keep the reply-guy on ignore, I'm not down to talk to the "Colombian Exchange never happened" guy.
    That seems counter-intuitive to the purpose of attention seeking.

  11. #23291
    Got my Johnson and Johnson at a Walmart on the 6th. Made the appointment on the 5th online, super easy to do. Made sure to do some arm workouts the day I got the shot and my arm besides right where I got the shot did not hurt at all. My only side effect was the first day after the shot I had an awful headache, 2nd day the headache was still not good but far more manageable and the 3rd day I was perfectly fine.

    Edit: Chose the J&J because I have a flight in a month to visit a friend so the other shots I would of missed the 2nd dose.

  12. #23292
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just pointing out that factoring morality into risk assessment isn't unique to covid - https://escholarship.org/uc/item/4wm9b2b2

    It's a pretty human thing to do in general. We look more favorably upon anything we deem "morally good" (including that something may be less risky) and less favorably on anything we deem "morally bad" (including that it may pose greater risk).
    Yep, it’s a very unremarkable study... It’s why deniers started pushing fake suicide statistics and now claim that vaccines get you sick. It’s the same appeal. If someone considers it immoral to not wear a mask, they are more likely to wear it. If some hack millionaire goes on daily rants how it’s child abuse to wear masks, that will encourage people to not wear the mask, because they have just been presented with a morality play.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •