Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think eventually the thread title may have to change to reflect future flare ups of other disease/illnesses.

Health officials warn of fungus 'superbug' outbreaks in Dallas, DC

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Thursday there were outbreaks of the Candida auris fungus in a nursing home in D.C. and two hospitals in Dallas, The Associated Press reported.

Three cases in D.C. and two cases in Dallas were resistant to all three major classes of medication.

Both the patients in Dallas who had cases resistant to medicine died, and one patient in D.C. died from a similar case.

“This is really the first time we’ve started seeing clustering of resistance” and patients getting infected from each other, CDC medical officer Meghan Lyman said, according to the AP.

There have been more cases since April and the outbreak is still ongoing, according to the CDC, but the cases have not been reported yet.

The fungus has been known for years, but evidence that it can spread from person to person is new.
    Yah ignoring the fact that this primarily came from asia, the right has added to the list they can blame immigrants from Mexico on, even though there are no cases reported down there...and very few in south America.
    Just like they are blaming them for the spread of Covid in low vax states.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/states/flor...-surge-1388876

Death Cultists still don't know how masks work and still think it's difficult to breathe in them while sitting in a classroom.

Bonus points: Man who is not a doctor and has no medical education or training gives his medical opinion on a topic he knows nothing about.
    Honestly the only time I've disliked wearing a mask is at work in the summer. And that's because I work in a factory where the average temperature this time of year is pushing 90+ F with the humidex. It's very uncomfortable to breath through the damn things since they just fog up your safety glasses, which is dangerous doing my job because I need to be able to see what I'm doing when I'm running a machine.

There should be zero excuse for not wearing one though, if people can put up wearing them for 8+ hours a day in hospitals year round, the rest of us should be able to suffer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Honestly the only time I've disliked wearing a mask is at work in the summer. And that's because I work in a factory where the average temperature this time of year is pushing 90+ F with the humidex. It's very uncomfortable to breath through the damn things since they just fog up your safety glasses, which is dangerous doing my job because I need to be able to see what I'm doing when I'm running a machine.

There should be zero excuse for not wearing one though, if people can put up wearing them for 8+ hours a day in hospitals year round, the rest of us should be able to suffer it.
    there are great mask out there that work with glasses/saftey gear

my warehouse is easily 90+ and my glasses used to fog up till i found a few mask sold locally that did a much better job at keeping the top sealed from the glasses.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Somewhat good news - except for the US:

Vaccine hesitancy is falling in most countries, for good or bad reasons (good: people see that others are vaccinated without problems, bad: people see that others are dying in covid in increasing numbers). https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...cine-hesitancy

The outlier so far is the US where 30% answer no or don't know, the vaccination rate has stagnated at 56% who have begun vaccination. However, case numbers began increasing about two weeks ago in the US, so deaths are likely to start increasing about now - and that might cause a change as in Taiwan and Saudi Arabia.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    there are great mask out there that work with glasses/saftey gear

my warehouse is easily 90+ and my glasses used to fog up till i found a few mask sold locally that did a much better job at keeping the top sealed from the glasses.
    Yeah, I need to find something better. I had a couple from a textile company in Toronto but I lost one and the loops on the one I do have are wearing out. Alas I don't have a sewing machine to stitch on new one's. But it's nice because it's large and fits over my fat face properly without fogging up my glasses. But I have to wash it every day if I want to keep using it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Honestly, any chance of republicans listening to what democrats have to say about the pandemic was destroyed in the first 15 minutes, when Nancy Pelosi made a spectacle of encouraging people to visit Chinatown in a thinly veiled attempt to shame Trump for a travel ban on China on January 31, 2020. From that moment forward, the democrats lost all credibility on the issue with republicans. Perhaps the only way to fix it is to kick Pelosi out on congress.

You can say all you want about anything else, but until the Pelosi problem is fixed, this is just gonna get worse.
    imagine someone that predicted a civil war months ago talking about credibility.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I still don't think that we should wear these Godawful tings for the rest of our lives, just because some morons do not want the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still don't think that we should wear these Godawful tings for the rest of our lives, just because some morons do not want the vaccine.
    the masks do nothing but cut off your oxygen intake. and the vaccine is poison.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks View Post
    the masks do nothing but cut off your oxygen intake. and the vaccine is poison.
    Poison huh? I'm sure you have proof...

Poison huh? I'm sure you have proof...
    you could be shown all the proof in the world but still wouldnt understand.

dont worry tho, you wont die just yet. the government still needs you, after all.

you could be shown all the proof in the world but still wouldnt understand. dont worry tho, you wont die just yet. the government still needs you, after all.
    Yeah sure. Basically you're too uneducated to know what you're talking about.

Yeah sure. Basically you're too uneducated to know what you're talking about.
    and you blindly follow what the media tells you to do. critical thinking and doubt is non-existant

and you blindly follow what the media tells you to do. critical thinking and doubt is non-existant
    But you haven't shown any critical thinking skills. Let me guess; you're one of those proud boys beating up cancer patients....

But you haven't shown any critical thinking skills. Let me guess; you're one of those proud boys beating up cancer patients....
    here we go. if you cant stick to arguments go straight to insults.

go ahead. you can have the last word. if it makes you happy.

here we go. if you cant stick to arguments go straight to insults.
    You took the first swing and you missed. Now you're running away because your critical thinking skill are nonexistent. Just like a proud boy...run back home to your mama.

You took the first swing and you missed. Now you're running away because your critical thinking skill are nonexistent. Just like a proud boy...run back home to your mama.
    makes no sense to discuss with such people. They won't change, especially not through forum discussion. They have to get infected themselves or loose someone to wake up.

Plague is trying for a comeback; 10-year-old dies from complications linked to plague, Colorado officials say

In a statement, the Colorado Department of Health & Environment said the death of the La Plata County resident was linked to plague confirmed in animals and fleas in six Colorado counties.

"While it's rare for people to contract plague, we want to make sure everyone knows the symptoms," said Jennifer House, a Deputy State Epidemiologist and Public Health Veterinarian.

House noted the plague can be treated with antibiotics if caught early on, and people should look for signs of high fever and/or swollen lymph nodes.

House recommended that Colorado residents take safety measures to protect themselves from contracting the bacteria including avoiding contact with sick or dead animals and staying out of areas where wild rodents live.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hopefully we won't have to, but so long as idiots refuse to get vaccinated, and really we need like 90% vaccinated in order to curb the virus completely, it's going to be a long haul to defeat it. Either we let it remove those who refuse it, or they get sick, survive and have some level of natural resistance to infection. Considering death of family and friends isn't enough to sway these idiots opinions, it's going to take a while for things to die out.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how large is oxygen and carbon dioxide vs covid-19 and what n95 mask's block?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

why wear a mask if you are vaccinated?