Lmao imagine getting infracted for what I wrote. Many experts agree with my stance that we shouldnt vaccinate healthy kids for example as they have a very bad risk/benefit ratio.

This doesnt make me "anti vax" as the mod wrote in the infraction lol (guess I'm world first anti-vax guy that got 2 shots). Its just facts. But keep the opinions clean on the board comrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Lmao imagine getting infracted for what I wrote. Many experts agree with my stance that we shouldnt vaccinate healthy kids for example as they have a very bad risk/benefit ratio.

This doesnt make me "anti vax" as the mod wrote in the infraction lol (guess I'm world first anti-vax guy that got 2 shots). Its just facts. But keep the opinions clean on the board comrade.
    Those "experts" are snake oil salesmen who don't have any clue what they're talking about.

Pfizer and Moderna are both approved for kids 12 and up, here in Canada.
    For kids younger than 12, there are clinical trials currently being conducted to ensure the vaccines remain safe and effective at those ages, and whether they need a full dose or some smaller proportion.

These particular trials weren't prioritized because children are a smaller percentage of the population, and they seemed to be fighting off Covid more easily; that means clinical trials to test vaccines for children was a lower priority, not that vaccinating children was deemed unnecessary

That's why you got infracted; for pushing anti-vaxxer horseshit nonsense. There is no "bad risk/benefit ratio". The trials to determine whether that even could exist are still under way.

10+ Year Old Account

Regardless of your personal vaccination status, you're still pushing anti-vax misinformation during a pandemic. And no, the experts don't agree with your stance.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Those "experts" are snake oil salesmen who don't have any clue what they're talking about.
    You are stuck in your US centric world view. There are other experts in other nations. You fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are stuck in your US centric world view. There are other experts in other nations. You fool.
    I'm not even American, as is made super obvious by the Location entry right over there, and how I mention that I'm not American all the time.

No reputable experts are saying what you're claiming. Which is why you can't cite them.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Endus, "US centric world view"?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*wipes tear*

Endus is from Canada, and I don't think he really likes (or has respect for) the US very much.

Also, feel free to link your sources for these mythical "experts" in other nations.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Risk of death isn't the only factor to be considered. There's a wide range of post-COVID-infection symptoms which don't seem to be tied directly to how severe your COVID symptoms themselves were. Young people generally have lower COVID symptoms, but they're still vulnerable to the long-term after-effects, and given how much more of their lives they have left to live, that's a bigger potential impact on their quality of life than it would be for an adult.
    We shouldn't blow those problems out of proportion either.

There are strong indications that long-term effects are less common among children - and long term effects also occur after other respiratory diseases (like the common cold and the flu); although a bit less often.

Name any expert that says to not vaccinate kids of any age? Just because they can fight it off, doesn't mean they don't have long lasting effects of Covid, called long Covid. It is somewhere between 10-30% of everyone that gets infected get long lasting effects. Effects like permanent heart damage, permanent lung damage, and others like becoming infertile because you can't get an erection anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Regardless of your personal vaccination status, you're still pushing anti-vax misinformation during a pandemic. And no, the experts don't agree with your stance.
    Some half-agree with that poster.

As mentioned on the last page, some uk government expert panel did agree that children shouldn't be vaccinated below 16 (in general) - although the benefit outweigh the risk; it's just that they don't see the benefit as substantial enough.

Added: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/j...-aged-12-to-15

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Name any expert that says to not vaccinate kids of any age? Just because they can fight it off, doesn't mean they don't have long lasting effects of Covid, called long Covid. It is somewhere between 10-30% of everyone that gets infected get long lasting effects. Effects like permanent heart damage, permanent lung damage, and others like becoming infertile because you can't get an erection anymore.
    Those 10-30% numbers seem overblown, as they include people having the infection for more than a month - which isn't uncommon - with longer lasting effects - that are less common.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Go ahead and link those numbers. US had 3 deaths out of millions vaccinated. More kids die from covid than that.
    For comparison, as I understand it, the uk has had 40+ deaths out of fewer millions vaccinated than the US.

However, the uk has also changed vaccination policy based on that - and most(all?) of the deaths were from a non-FDA approved vaccine, Vaxzevria, that is not considered for children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Some half-agree with that poster.
    No, really, they don't, because the "stance" in question was:
    ...as they have a very bad risk/benefit ratio.
    Some health experts aren't recommending the shot right now, as you said, but not in agreement (or even half agreement) with that stance.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

For clarity: everyone can and should decide for themself if they want to get the shots for themself or their kids. There should be no mandatory vaccination and people shouldnt be shamed into doing something that might not be in their best interest (risk/benefit for that specific person's health / age etc). Everyone should do it for their own benefit and not because of "public health".

We literally stopped vaccination with astra for specific age groups (>60 years) because young (mostly female) people died to a very specific side effect caused by astra and you guys claim there are no experts who agree with the risk/benefit ratio stance.

Only talking about healthy people btw, if you are at risk by covid because you already have something there is no doubt whats the better choice.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2021-09-06 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For clarity: everyone can and should decide for themself if they want to get the shots for themself or their kids. There should be no mandatory vaccination
    Why not? Barring medical exceptions.

and people shouldnt be shamed into doing something that might not be in their best interest (risk/benefit for that specific person's health / age etc).
    Again, why not?

They're putting everyone around them at increased risk.

Everyone should do it for their own benefit and not because of "public health".
    Absolutely not. They should be doing it for public health. That's how you deal with diseases like this. It's how we eliminated smallpox and have nearly eliminated polio.

No, really, they don't, because the "stance" in question was:

Some health experts aren't recommending the shot right now, as you said, but not in agreement (or even half agreement) with that stance.
    I wrote half-agreed - meaning that they agreed with the other half: not vaccinating healthy children (yes, at the moment - more information can change it).

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Who the fuck is talking about drunk driving?
    You're putting words in my mouth as I never mentioned anything about driving drunk. You're just trying to make me look bad because you don't agree with my view on things. Well boofuckinghoo.
    What the fuck are you on?

I work for the government and the only security clerance higher than mine are the absolute top government bosses and government officials, I know exactly how the system works.
    Yah trying to show you how ridiculous you are being by relating it to other things you are bending your will to on a daily basis that helps society function.

This is exactly how everyone else sees you, get it yet?

BTW i am a super secret spy with top level clearance, not second rate like yours! I know the lies they tell you!

Boo Fucking Hooo tough guy.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    We literally stopped vaccination with astra for specific age groups (>60 years) because young (mostly female) people died to a very specific side effect caused by astra and you guys claim there are no experts who agree with the risk/benefit ratio stance.
    Because there are other, commonly-used vaccines which are better for those age ranges.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

That seems contradictory, you might be confusing two facts.

Some countries in the EU at the start didn't give the Astra-Zeneca vaccine to those >60 years because it hadn't been tested, but later it was approved (after the test was completed).
    Then a rare side-effect was found and many countries stopped Astra-Zeneca for young persons (varying depending on country - some put the limit at 30 others at 50 or 60; and some stopped altogether - and the EU haven't ordered more doses anyway). It seems it is a bit more common in women, but the main reason most of the cases were found in women is that the only young persons who get vaccinated early on were health-care and nursing home workers, and a majority of them are women.

Since young persons don't get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine that is no longer a problem in your country (and the same in most developed countries); as the mRNA vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna don't have that problem, and thus the benefit/risk is clearly in the benefit category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I wrote half-agreed - meaning that they agreed with the other half: not vaccinating healthy children (yes, at the moment - more information can change it).
    As you said before, the UK's JCVI is not against children being vaccinated, they're just not recommending "universal" vaccination for those ages (for now). That doesn't line up with the other poster's stance that "we shouldnt vaccinate healthy kids".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Because there are other, commonly-used vaccines which are better for those age ranges.
    Which also are known to have caused severe side effects now... although all these are very rare but "very rare" is still bad if you use something on millions if that same group (20-29 year olds) has a rather low risk from dying to covid in the first place. (especially if you have no risk factors).

You guys cant always use the US or other 3rd world countries as standard for corona deaths.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2021-09-06 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which also are known to have caused severe side effects now... although all these are very rare but "very rare" is still bad if you use something on millions if that same group has a rather low risk from dying to covid in the first place.

You guys cant always use the US or other 3rd world countries as standard for corona deaths.
    And yet, you can't actually source any of this anti-vaxxer crap from any kind of reputable source.

There's a vanishingly tiny chance of severe side effects from the vaccine, yes.

It's vastly lower than the chance of serious consequences from COVID.

The only reason vaccines aren't currently recommended for younger children is that clinical trials haven't concluded on their safety yet.

Which also are known to have caused severe side effects now... although all these are very rare but "very rare" is still bad if you use something on millions if that same group has a rather low risk from dying to covid in the first place. (especially if you have no risk factors).
    Both risks are low - it's just that there is low and then there is really low.

Those very rare side effect from mRNA are deadly in perhaps 1 in 30,000,000 (30 million) vaccinated.
    The virus is deadlier than that even for children; the 1 in 500,000 (half a million) was the risk of getting infected and dying; when infected the risk of dying for children is perhaps 1 in 50,000.