Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    My gf thinks it's true. I think it's false and that it did come from China. China claims it came from US and flu deaths were really cv deaths THEN came to wuhan. *where the epicenter started..then the rest of the world got it* As I said. Xi can easily go on the news and prove the validity of this information.
    Xi isn’t going to comment on it. He wants to sow seeds of doubt so people don’t focus on just how bad he and his party screwed the pooch on this.
    https://www.axios.com/beijings-coron...521ad6a14.html

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think this diplomat was spreading this info wo Xi's approval? If that's the case..the guy will most likely be getting a serious demotion or get fired.
    I think Gray Matter has a point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post

This would suit him. People in China aren't happy with how the government handled the virus. Having a scapegoat, even if it isn't official, is convenient.
    Up till now there is ZERO evidence that the virus originated from somewhere else.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2020-03-14 at 06:53 AM.

South Korea have tested 250,000. In the same time frame we have tested 16,000. It doesn't matter if every other country in the world only managed to test 50 people, someone did more and that means the we could have done the same.

- - - Updated - - -

This would suit him. People in China aren't happy with how the government handled the virus. Having a scapegoat, even if it isn't official, is convenient.
    So this diplomat and the research team would be the scapegoats then, hence all involved getting fired or seriously demoted. This is a serious accusation. Someone needs to get fired over this.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hmm. Interesting but I think they'd be able to tell if its from a coronavirus. Respiratory conditions are up in general due to air quality of the weather. I commented early today that a lot of people around here are going through hay fever, which looks a lot like a cold and/or a coronavirus. Hay fever can turn into more serious upper respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia. The longer people are exposed allergens the likelihood of it becoming something worse increases. Longer allergy seasons, a steady uptick in complications.
    The gray lines in the background are the cases from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post

Up till now there is ZERO evidence that the virus originated from somewhere else.
    IKR. I find it very suspicious that it was China's research team that came to this. This is why research teams need to share info on stuff like this. To prevent blame from being flung around as to where a pandemic really came from.

So this diplomat and the research team would be the scapegoats then, hence all involved getting fired or seriously demoted. This is a serious accusation. Someone needs to get fired over this.
    No, the scapegoat is someone to blame the virus on. To deflect peoples attention. The diplomat was almost certainly following orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Xi isn’t going to comment on it. He wants to sow seeds of doubt so people don’t focus on just how bad he and his party screwed the pooch on this.
    https://www.axios.com/beijings-coron...521ad6a14.html
    Sadly, that sounds about right.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the scapegoat is someone to blame the virus on. To deflect peoples attention. The diplomat was almost certainly following orders.
    Most likely, this high lvl shit doesn't get sent out with being approved.

- - - Updated - - -

My gf believes the diplomat and thinks the virus did come from the states. T.T

An interesting twitter thread estimating that the number of the cases in the US is probably around 20k, assuming that we had 45 cases enter from China until middle of January:

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1238643280679563265

An interesting twitter thread estimating that the number of the cases in the US is probably around 20k, assuming that we had 45 cases enter from China until middle of January:

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1238643280679563265
    https://www.coronavirusliveupdate.com/ shows 2,174 cases. I'm sure there are more cases that are not showing, but 20k?

Chinese and American propaganda are effective, China blaming the US for the virus is complete bull.

I don't doubt China has been been able to get numbers down but their methods of Constantly lying, spreading conspiracies, and putting people in poor conditions should be unacceptable, yet a lot Americans also fall for Trump's idiocy and the Right Wing propaganda machine and Trump's handling of the Corona have been horrible and slow and filled with Misinformation from the Whitehouse.

The Great thing about America however is that we're able to Vote Ignorant White Nationalist Authoritarians out like Trump, while China can't, they're stuck with an Authoritarian Government who seemingly will never admit the full truth when things get bad to spread Nationalistic Propaganda.

The fact that people have even been circulating a dumb conspiracy theories about Bill Gates allegedly being responsible for the Virus is as bad as the bull Alex Jones spews.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-14 at 09:39 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

China's conspiracy is complete bollocks.

I'm mean, I know that the US can be inept at times but you want us to believe that they purposely released a completely uncontrollable virus and failed to make any preparations for when it arrived back home?

In other news, an Australian government minister has tested positive after returning home from the USA, after he met with other officials from the Five Eyes agreement (where they were discussing extra measures to help combat child exploitation), and where he was also photographed with the Attorney General and Ivanka Trump.

And New Zealand has announced that everyone who enters the country, except from small Pacific island nations which are currently clean, have to self-isolate for 14 days, regardless of who they are and where they came from.

https://www.coronavirusliveupdate.com/ shows 2,174 cases. I'm sure there are more cases that are not showing, but 20k?
    The math is assuming that we got in 45 infected people which is a drop in the ocean if you realize that 10k people came in from Wuhan during that time. Wuhan took 10 weeks for all hell to break loose from a single infection, we are at 8 weeks now. The problem with CV is that it has a incubation period and not everyone gets really sick. So we only start seeing it when those 10% of cases that require hospitalization arrive, and we are only seeing those cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Muajin76 Ouch! *IF* Reports of the virus tracing back to the US really ran in Asahi, I might have to consider this as more than political poo flinging and jockeying for position in the trade war and "New Cold War". Likewise, *if* the information attributed to Taiwan is presented correctly, I'd be less inclined to blow this off (although I don't rule out he could have been paid off).

What still honks me off, massively, is the degree to which I feel like this discloses the degree to which we had stopped taking flu deaths at all seriously. What are the instructions to keep safe from COVID-19? As far as I can tell, mainly the same things (OK, no COVID-19 vaccine yet) as for flu. This is a bad year for flu, while COVID-19 could catch up, and we can bicker about things like spread and lethality, in raw numbers COVID-19 has a long way to go to catch up to this year's flu for deaths. Why were those acceptable rates of loss? Why weren't we already pushing for better testing and tracking for flu? Somehow, we just accepted that flu is "seasonal" and brief panics like H1N1 got folded into that. Maybe it is too wide spread to eliminate, maybe it would take a multi year push and one that would be expensive, but why aren't we willing to make the effort? As a bonus, we might get people better educated on vaccination, the spread of disease, the possibility of old diseases like measles making a come back, and we might face a less urgent situation if -- for example -- the forgotten Ebola outbreak suddenly gets loose.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

There is another great discount shopping store chain in the UK. I went there a few times during my Scotland trip to stock up supplies. *later for body wash there that they don't sell in china*

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-cdc...ed-flu/5706233

This is an interesting read. Makes you wonder. *US CDC Director Robert Redfield Admitted that Coronavirus Deaths Have Been Miscategorized as Flu*

"The infections and deaths have been knowingly mis-categorised for months, and the CDC ‘strongly’ recommended that hospitals not test for the virus except as a last resort. It is not an accident that the US has no reliable tests. They don’t want to test. Blame everything on the flu.

And now all meetings and discussions on the virus are classified, and all public information must be first cleared through the White House."
    This is very believable I was wondering why the number of US coronavirus numbers has been going up so slowly, especially considering the 2 speeches by Trump, which would be consistent with higher numbers.

Also from the same article:

He also stated that the standard practice has been to first test people for the flu and, if the test is positive, they stop there. They don’t test for the coronavirus.

So Japan and Taiwan were correct. Many of the US deaths attributed to the flu were actually from the coronavirus.

10+ Year Old Account
    A theory that has 3 countries putting news out about. I wonder if more countries will post similar things. Who really knows honestly, all the media etc saying it came from China. Now Chinese researchers saying it came from America. I think researchers from several countries need to get together and confirm this.

Now if it were just a conspiracy theory, the Chinese gov't *Xi* would say whether it is or isn't true. Thus putting an end to the theory. The fact that he hasn't and letting this continue to be posted without some type of answer, is worrying.
    This is serious and news-breaking, i'm sure he knows about this news going out.
    Reporting it doesn't mean anything though. A lot of garbage gets reported whether true or not. They just want to blame someone else for their own fuck up.

I'd also take Taiwan news reporting stuff with a grain of salt at points. Aside from some shady funding related stuff, a lot of them love reporting on eeeveeryything to a certain fault.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2020-03-14 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blaming nations is pointless, we globally lack systems in place to aid us with this. Reporting and controlling is crucial but the reality is healthcare is unequal all around the globe and even in rich nations like the US healthcare is still a luxury. This approach is going to cost us dearly, our constant need to expand in to territories means we'll discover more viruses of this nature and once the permafrost is really melting, say hello to things we are really not prepared for in the slightest.

In any case i find this well worth watching as it builds on those key points.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Reporting it doesn't mean anything though. A lot of garbage gets reported whether true or not. They just want to blame someone else for their own fuck up.

I'd also take Taiwan news reporting stuff with a grain of salt at points. Aside from some shady funding related stuff, a lot of them love reporting on eeeveeryything to a certain fault.
    Which part do you think is false?

The man in the video is a top virologist and pharmacologist who performed a long and detailed search for the source of the virus. He spends the first part of the video explaining the various haplotypes (varieties, if you will), and explains how they are related to each other, how one must have come before another, and how one type derived from another. He explains this is merely elementary science and nothing to do with geopolitical issues, describing how, just as with numbers in order, 3 must always follow 2.

One of his main points is that the type infecting Taiwan exists only in Australia and the US and, since Taiwan was not infected by Australians, the infection in Taiwan could have come only from the US.

The basic logic is that the geographical location with the greatest diversity of virus strains must be the original source because a single strain cannot emerge from nothing. He demonstrated that only the US has all the five known strains of the virus (while Wuhan and most of China have only one, as do Taiwan and South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam, Singapore, and England, Belgium and Germany), constituting a thesis that the haplotypes in other nations may have originated in the US.

Korea and Taiwan have a different haplotype of the virus than China, perhaps more infective but much less deadly, which would account for a death rate only 1/3 that of China.
    Summary of what he is saying: well for one he is very specifically saying that the Taiwan and South Korean coronavirus most definitely did NOT come from China. He is quite clear on that. The strains in Taiwan and South Korea do not match the strain in China. He goes on to say that the Iran and Italy viruses also did not come from China for the same reason.

He is less definite that coronavirus, which apparently has 5 distinct strains, with the US being the only country with all 5 strains, originated in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I'm saying that even though Taiwan reports it, it doesn't mean they're validating it, cause they report on EVERYTHING. I'm serious. From big stuff to random small stuff like just facebook posts / twitter posts on really trivial stuff. It's actually pretty annoying at points.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

Summary of what he is saying: well for one he is very specifically saying that the Taiwan and South Korean coronavirus most definitely did NOT come from China. He is quite clear on that. The strains in Taiwan and South Korea do not match the strain in China. He goes on to say that the Iran and Italy viruses also did not come from China for the same reason.

He is less definite that coronavirus, which apparently has 5 distinct strains, with the US being the only country with all 5 strains, originated in the US.
    Stop believing conspiracy theories. If you want a breakdown how the virus has spread with the different strains you can see it here. They have been sequencing it:

https://nextstrain.org/ncov

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post

So...this sudden *oh. it came from outside of China* idea is quite confusing. I don't buy it. Seems like propaganda to me.