So Russia is only officially reporting around 200,000 deaths ("only").

Excess death reporting shows that it is probably closer to 750,000. And they are reporting record numbers of new cases and deaths currently as well.

And given abysmal vaccination numbers its going to get much much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Excess death reporting shows that it is probably closer to 750,000.
    The Economist has it at more like 900k.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Kaiser Health did a study in Southern California also.

They looked at 2,392,924 vaccinated adults in the Kaiser Permanente health system in Southern California between Dec 14, 2020, to Jul 20, 2021. The researchers found 15 cases of confirmed myocarditis, with 2 after the first and 13 after the second dose. That's 0.8 cases per 1 million first doses and 5.8 per 1 million second doses.
    However, that study combined the different mRNA vaccines - whereas as I understand it Sweden separated the different mRNA-vaccines and saw a higher rate for Moderna's vaccine and thus switched to using Pfizer/BioNTech for younger persons and Moderna for older persons (the higher rate of side-effects may be related to Moderna having a higher dose which may also give a bit higher protection).

Note that in the US Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna have delivered similar number of doses, but in the EU Moderna is just delivering a fraction of what Pfizer/BioNTech delivers, so I don't think this will cause people to wait for their vaccinations in this case. Or basically rearranging a bit to get a slight reduction in an already rare side-effect without causing any problems, but not necessarily applicable everywhere.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first 2 jabs were Pfizer and my 3rd Moderna. Didn't have any side effects apart from a sore arm where the jab was. Got the flu vaccine at same time as my 3rd. I'm all 5G'd up!!

Excess death reporting shows that it is probably closer to 750,000. And they are reporting record numbers of new cases and deaths currently as well.

And given abysmal vaccination numbers its going to get much much worse.
    Yes, I have repeatedly posted about this. The most ridiculous part is that goverment does not even try to disagree with it's own official statistics agency, they simply report much lower number.
    Why? Politics. I hope I don't have to explain the obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

12k new cases in the netherlands, huzzah! what a failing goverment can do when it fails.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...misinformation

Jesus christ on a fuckin stick. This study from the Kaiser Family Foundation is infuriating and absolutely explains why the US continues to struggle with covid.

38% believe that the government is exaggerating #'s?

14% believe you can get covid from the vaccine?

Any % thinks there's a microchip or that it changes your DNA?

Party ID breakdown is fairly expected. The Death Cult deeply, deeply misinformed on covid, independents slightly less so and Democrats a bit less than them (but still depressingly misinformed).

Most of the other breakdowns make sense too. Unvaccinated are FAR more likely to believe misinformation, misinformation penetrates deeper in suburban areas and even deeper in rural areas. More misinformation believed by non college grads.

The only somewhat interesting tidbit is that 50+ is actually less likely to fall victim to misinformation compared to the 18-49 demographic.

Unvaccinated have incredibly low trust in media overall, even their local TV stations, which isn't surprising. Of those that watch, folks watching Newsmax/OAN/Fox were also unsurprisingly the most likely to believe misinformation, with those viewer local TV/NPR/MSNBC/CNN/Network news being far more informed (but still terrifyingly uninformed).

Also, unsurprisingly, those who get their information from social media are about as likely to have low trust and knowledge about covid compared to those that watch non-Fox/OAN/Newsmax for information.

This is an information crisis more than anything else, highlighting just how widespread and dangerous the intentional and willful dissemination of misinformation is.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    --
    I’m sure you have a source for this?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-09 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I’m sure you have a source for this?
    not to paint an infraction sticker on my back but I think that account was hacked. hasn't posted since august and all of their previous posts are in the WoW discussion threads... now they're spouting off the same nonsense as that UK burner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    --
    The entirely unironic self-own here is priceless. Sad, but priceless.

Oh, yeah, and your "statistic" is a noxious, steaming turd.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-09 at 12:02 AM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    not to paint an infraction sticker on my back but I think that account was hacked. hasn't posted since august and all of their previous posts are in the WoW discussion threads... now they're spouting off the same nonsense as that UK burner.
    And by "coincidence" the 82% figure is for the uk.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2...ull-story.html

Obviously it's misleading, but it's still concerning as 82% deaths among vaccinated with 68% vaccination rate. Obviously different due to age groups etc, but we ideally want the vaccines so be so clearly beneficial that we don't have to investigate those details.

Added:
    And the uk government report is also a bit misleading; currently the age-adjusted death rate for unvaccinated is about a factor 5 worse than for fully vaccinated. The factor 30 they report includes the early parts of 2021 when people weren't vaccinated and died, which skews the overall statistics. Additionally it doesn't capture that the vaccine isn't as long-term efficient as hoped.

A look at more countries: https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-dou...ons/a-59523636
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-11-08 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

Obviously it's misleading, but it's still concerning as 82% deaths among vaccinated with 68% vaccination rate. Obviously different due to age groups etc, but we ideally want the vaccines so be so clearly beneficial that we don't have to investigate those details.
    It's not a "detail" though, the vaccination rate for those who are most at risk (75+) are vastly different at 96% compared to the overall average of 68%. So you can see the success.

Take it to an extreme, if you had a country with 100% vaccination rate, the figures would then show 100% of deaths were those vaccinated. We can see how silly this stat would look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And the uk government report is also a bit misleading; currently the age-adjusted death rate for unvaccinated is about a factor 5 worse than for fully vaccinated.
    The report still at least showed the unadjusted rates which were 2-7x higher for the non-vaccinated. The rate difference was also a bit higher when a longer time-frame was used.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    It's not a "detail" though, the vaccination rate for those who are most at risk (75+) are vastly different at 96% compared to the overall average of 68%. So you can see the success.
    Assuming the 96% number is correct, the https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...-vaccinations/ has somewhat inconsistent data for that - with >100% of 75-79 and 94% of 80+.

Additionally ethnic minorities have been the hardest hit a lot of the pandemic (in many countries - including the uk) and the vaccination rate was significantly lower also in that age-group (in many countries - including the uk).

The point is that having to look at in such detail shows that the vaccines aren't working as well as hoped.

It doesn't mean that the vaccine doesn't work, but looking at the graphs from https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-dou...ons/a-59523636 the uk-graph has ICU-ratio for 70+ at 2-3 worse for unvaccinated; a far cry from the original >90% protection - whereas Germany has a lot better ratio both for 18-59 and 60+.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-11-09 at 07:31 AM.

not possible to do in the netherlands... unvaccinated will riot like mad, goverment doesnt give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    not possible to do in the netherlands... unvaccinated will riot like mad, goverment doesnt give a shit.
    I think it would be unconstitutional here in Germany, guess Netherlands might be the same.

The good news first. 7-day per 100k case rate in San Francisco dropped to 21.89. The city is very close to CDC low category. Hospitalization is down to 34 (22 acute and 12 ICU). 7-day per 100k new admission is down to 1.13. Something like 1.45 new patient per day. A 29.54% drop in the last seven days.

Now for the bad news. Outside of the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles County, the rest of California is a freaking mess pile of horse poops. The counties with the worst hospitalization to begin with are seeing upward of 20% increase in hospitalization. Fresno County hospitals have been in crisis mode since June.

COVID-19 hospitalizations rising in parts of California, a potentially ominous sign

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The good news first. 7-day per 100k case rate in San Francisco dropped to 21.89. The city is very close to CDC low category. Hospitalization is down to 34 (22 acute and 12 ICU). 7-day per 100k new admission is down to 1.13. Something like 1.45 new patient per day. A 29.54% drop in the last seven days.

Now for the bad news. Outside of the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles County, the rest of California is a freaking mess pile of horse poops. The counties with the worst hospitalization to begin with are seeing upward of 20% increase in hospitalization.

COVID-19 hospitalizations rising in parts of California, a potentially ominous sign
    This had better not fuck up holiday plans. I'm being a selfish dick here, but I've actually missed our family gatherings over the past year+

We're all vaxxed now and planning on "smaller" gatherings for the holidays (a dozen or so) and I was looking forward to this next step back to normalcy. If these absolute fucking selfish retards shit it up for us I'm gonna be fuckin pissed. That'll be the last time I support my fellow Californians in the conservative parts of the state when they're struggling for one reason or another. If they're not willing to do their part for everyone else, why the fuck should we do our part for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This had better not fuck up holiday plans. I'm being a selfish dick here, but I've actually missed our family gatherings over the past year+

We're all vaxxed now and planning on "smaller" gatherings for the holidays (a dozen or so) and I was looking forward to this next step back to normalcy. If these absolute fucking selfish retards shit it up for us I'm gonna be fuckin pissed. That'll be the last time I support my fellow Californians in the conservative parts of the state when they're struggling for one reason or another. If they're not willing to do their part for everyone else, why the fuck should we do our part for them.
    As long as all your family members are fully vaccinated, I think it should be okay. We have had multiple major gathering events in San Francisco - Fleet Weeks, Dodgers/Giants games, Hardly Strictly, Outside Lands/Halloween, etc. - without a spike.