Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    California has also only barely encountered BA.2 at this point.
    We'll have to wait and see. So far, the local immunologists do not appear to be too concerned about BA.2. In fact, the DPH is loosening up the indoor mask requirement as of February 1.

Updates to SF's COVID-19 Health Order includes changes to indoor masking, testing and vaccination requirements

The locals do not seem to be too concerned either. The Lunar New Year China Town Flower Market Fair was pretty crowded today.

I think people are pretty much resigned that Covid is not going away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    We'll have to wait and see. So far, the local immunologists do not appear to be too concerned about BA.2. In fact, the DPH is loosening up the indoor mask requirement as of February 1.

Updates to SF's COVID-19 Health Order includes changes to indoor masking, testing and vaccination requirements

The locals do not seem to be too concerned either. The Lunar New Year China Town Flower Market Fair was pretty crowded today.

I think people are pretty much resigned that Covid is not going away.
    Well, early reports are that BA.2 is 50% more transmissible than the original omicron, which is already massively transmissible.

But sure, we'll see.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    So many has-been "musicians" threatening to remove thier music from spotify. Spotify must be quivering in their boots. I give credit to the memes though (and shocked that some here don't see them as that).
    I mean as a consumer my only loyalty is easy access to certain artists catalogs and podcasts. If they leave I leave. That's how the free market works.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I mean as a consumer my only loyalty is easy access to certain artists catalogs and podcasts. If they leave I leave. That's how the free market works.
    Yeah, I just find it funny that we see some fringe "artists" trying to get get on the bandwagon for some free advertising. Ultimately, the people will choose.

Am I really just getting that old? How the fuck is Neil Young fringe?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah neil young isn't really young anymore.

Yeah neil young isn't really young anymore.
    You said fringe. That describes a Joe Rogan guest, not this musician.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You said fringe. That describes a Joe Rogan guest, not this musician.
    I can't reply, please DM me.

People who build an identity around downplaying a pandemic and shit are freakin weird.

Yeah, I just find it funny that we see some fringe "artists" trying to get get on the bandwagon for some free advertising. Ultimately, the people will choose.
    Spotify has lost 25% of their stock price since the beginning of 2022.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/202...-decline-2022/

They have lost $2 billion of their valuation since the Neil Young dispute started. Over 6% of their stock price dropped in the last 3 days alone.
    https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...an-1235166798/

Well, early reports are that BA.2 is 50% more transmissible than the original omicron, which is already massively transmissible.

But sure, we'll see.
    Omicron was impressive. As of 01/24, it accounted for 52k out of San Francisco's official 106,621 Covid case count. I am sure the actual number is much higher.

Hospital bed utilization did peak at around 80% in early December. However, it has since gone down to 75%. It never reached Delta's peak utilization.

As far as mortality, so far Omicron only accounts for 36 out San Francisco's 715 Covid deaths. It will probably go up some more. However, I don't foresee it catching up to Delta (112).

Between the high vaccination rate (53% boosted, 82% fully vaccinated, 89% with at least one shot) and the high level of previous covid exposure, even if BA.2 is twice as infectious as BA.1, I don't anticipate seeing a major surge here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omicron was impressive. As of 01/24, it accounted for 52k out of San Francisco's...
    We weren't talking about San Francisco, though. My point about BA.2 was in response to:
    Remember when I said the true test of Omicron will be when it reaches the rural population.
    If BA.2 moves into dominance by the time it hits and surges through the rural population, those hospitals are going to be that much worse off, considering the lower vaccination rate in those areas.

It's going to be even more of a stark difference comparing BA.1 in SF with BA.2 in rural areas.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

When I loaded the page and read it, it was pre-edit. By the time I finished searching for any reports and came back to click on "Reply With Quote", it had been edited. As it was a single line, I didn't bother to re-read the now-edited text in the reply field before posting my 6-word response. Then I went back and added in some evidence that it was satire a few minutes later.
    But even afer that, when he responded that he knew it was a joke...you still insisted that he got suckered.

Yes, the graphic is obviously satire. What I'm saying I don't buy is that caractacus thought it was a joke when he made his original post, before it was edited to what it is now. The original post certainly didn't indicate in any way that he wasn't suckered by it.
    Stop trying to gaslight.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    If the results changed like that it suggests that the Serbian government was in on the fraud (and also that the fraud was a rush-job).
    As someone living next door to Serbia, I can testify that government lending a hand lines up perfectly with the small-dick nationalism prevalent in these parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    But even afer that, when he responded that he knew it was a joke...you still insisted that he got suckered.
    You're having a real difficulty understanding this, huh?

I'm saying he got suckered and then edited his post once he realized he'd been suckered. Then he tried to play it off like he knew it was satire the whole time, and I said "Uh huh. Sure." because he's full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Stop trying to gaslight.
    You're the one getting twisted around trying to defend an anti-vaxxer Joe Rogan fan who has repeatedly attempted to spread COVID misinformation in this thread.

I'm sure as hell not the one gaslighting here.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I'm saying he got suckered and then edited his post once he realized he'd been suckered. Then he tried to play it off like he knew it was satire the whole time, and I said "Uh huh. Sure." because he's full of shit.

You're the one getting twisted around trying to defend an anti-vaxxer Joe Rogan fan who has repeatedly attempted to spread COVID misinformation in this thread.

I told you, my edit was just to change "there" to "their"

His previous posts have no bearing on this. I'm not "defending" any anti-vax posts.

The post we are talking about was an obvious joke. Even before the edit it was an obvious joke.

Maybe you're embarrassed for taking the post seriously... but you're taking it way too far.

Yeah you are. Your story keeps on changing. Anyone that cares to go back and look through your posts on this can see that.

And now that you're getting called on it you're attacking me for "defending an anti-vaxxer" when all I'm doing is calling you out.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Seems that Spotify is trying to do something regarding Joe Rogan and covid-misinformation:
    https://newsroom.spotify.com/2022-01...h-to-covid-19/

A bit late, and I haven't checked if enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that Spotify is trying to do something regarding Joe Rogan and covid-misinformation:
    https://newsroom.spotify.com/2022-01...h-to-covid-19/

A bit late, and I haven't checked if enough.
    tl;dr: Go to our newsroom for info[URL]. We're working on doing something for podcasts that may or may not mention covid. For more info, go to our newsroom[URL]. An internal team worked long and hard, weighing how much it would cost us to do anything. Information is on our newsroom[URL].
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly in an Olympic-level panic, China starts sealing off residential areas due to positive results.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems that Spotify is trying to do something regarding Joe Rogan and covid-misinformation
    You’ve had a lot of questions over the last few days about our platform policies and the lines we have drawn between what is acceptable and what is not.

We have had rules in place for many years but admittedly, we haven’t been transparent around the policies that guide our content more broadly.

Based on the feedback over the last several weeks, it’s become clear to me that we have an obligation to do more to provide balance and access to widely-accepted information from the medical and scientific communities guiding us through this unprecedented time
    I'll believe it when I see it. This is, of course, in response to their gamble that Joe Rogan being worth it caused Spotify to lose two billion in value. Yeah, they didn't lose that because of Neil Young's departure. They lost that because of what Neil Young's departure stood for. This isn't a stance on ethics or morals, they just want to stop losing money.

Until Rogan has moderated content, removed content, or is kicked off, sorry, this is just noise.