also people here are now making runs on the banks. my parents went to withdraw some money and the bank only had 2 100's left cause apparently people are coming in and withdrawing all their life savings like its 1929 again.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    And they actually took far more proactive steps than the US has. Current models estimate around 200 million people will be infected in the US and it kill around 1.2 million.
    From what I heard the 'more proactive' methods china took to controlling the spread was far from ethical, and might have killed more people as a result.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    also people here are now making runs on the banks. my parents went to withdraw some money and the bank only had 2 100's left cause apparently people are coming in and withdrawing all their life savings like its 1929 again.
    Oh good lord....banks collapsing would require the collapse of the us, like, we would have bigger worries then and the money would be useless

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh good lord....banks collapsing would require the collapse of the us, like, we would have bigger worries then and the money would be useless
    i honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

This would be less damaging if Chinese government didn't try to cover up and didn't arrest those who tried warn the world.
    Now they are blaming USA for the virus. Then why did you try to hide this and silenced people?
    Don't forget the words of old governor of Wuhan, If they acted faster and warned the world, there would be less deaths all over the world.
    Obviously they did fake the numbers too.

Now Muslim people of Turkey have returned from their religious visit in Saudi Arabia. The place is also visited by Iranian people.
    One of them who returned a week ago is Corona positive found out yesterday.
    There is 21000 people total returned. Most of them are old people.
    Got 3/3 Improved Blizzard but they still fail.

Yesterday I went to a 24 hour supermarket, the lineup was ridiculous long still. Water completely sold out, only the most expensive ones left, lots of things sold out.

Parked my car inside there and I went to another one, but that one is smaller, has less amount variety of food.

i honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not....
    It's not, the US banks aren't going to collapse, you don't need to take your money out of them. For the US banking system to collapse the gov't would have to collapse and then the US dollar won't be worth anything anyway because there will be no US lol.

I may have this wrong, because I only barely caught one word in five as I was heading out the door for work, but did the Dutch minister of health (or similar) say that they aren't imposing strict rules in the Netherlands like in Italy because it's essentially cleaner and people follow the rules here? Because I can tell you right away both of those things are bullshit. Please, someone else living here correct or corroborate me.

Also bear in mind that the Netherlands is apparently around 12th on the list of affected countries ranked by total cases per million pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    From what I heard the 'more proactive' methods china took to controlling the spread was far from ethical, and might have killed more people as a result.
    Oh my, and imagine how many feels they did hurt in process

"The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK has reached 1,140, while 37,746 people have been tested."

Not great. Not terrible.

Seems like a lot of people have been tested though, considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    My brother is in Hong Kong, and he told me all his business meetings are like this with masks on.
    Hopefully not exactly like this, because there is an obvious problem in that picture.

Can you see it?

They still have beverages as if it was a normal meeting, which means that they will partially remove the face masks repeatedly and thus touch them with their hands (kind of hard to avoid when drinking).

Yep, we knew this was going on, but here is the story of a profiteer: https://news.yahoo.com/17-700-bottle...155735689.html
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

Now you have memes of ppl buying odd stuff, like toilet bowl plungers en masse. lol
    shopping carts with 10-20 plungers. *take that TP panic buyers!*
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-15 at 08:48 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

our company finally put out a faq on the coronavirus and it is so terrible. the info is two months out of date.(limited cases in the u.s. and low risk. my ass. also says only a few countries outside china have it and that only 2 people have died.LOLS.) it heavily implies we face the possibility of being fired if we request a leave of absence to be quarantined if we don't have any pto/sick leave/unpaid time off left. we have to send every such request through hr first. it advises NOT quarantining yourself if you have been to one of the affected countries if you do not show signs. (it then advises one question TO quarantine yourself that asks the same damn thing just reworded.) states you are not under any obligation to quarantine yourself. same for if you contact people who have confirmed to have the virus. technically correct but fucking seriously it doesn't even say to get yourself tested. facemasks will not be provided to employees who ask. hand sanitizers requests outside the approved budget will not be approved. dodges answering the heaviest questions by refering people to ask the cdc about what to do if you catch the virus. no pto for any employee who does get it on top of it. it just reads like a gigantic trainwreck waiting to happen.
    My company doesn't like Home Office very much. It is okay on occasion, but we prefer people to be in our office (1. because of a clear distinction between work and life 2. we communicate a lot and it is easier that way). Anyway, here is how my company handled it:

Wednesday: If your teamlead agrees and you wont miss too much, you can work from home.
    Thursday: Everyone who wants to, can work from home, no question asked.
    Friday: Please everyone stay home! If you really need to come to the office, inform the CEO so he can organize a separate room for you, and please don't use public transport, we will pay you the taxis. At the same time we sent a mail to our customers that some of our projects will be impacted by it, because our priority is, in that order: 1. our employees 2. our responsibility to society 3. Our customers.

I like my company...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Yep, we knew this was going on, but here is the story of a profiteer: https://news.yahoo.com/17-700-bottle...155735689.html
    Why was this guy stupid enough to go on the news with this?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    "The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK has reached 1,140, while 37,746 people have been tested."

Not great. Not terrible.

Seems like a lot of people have been tested though, considering.
    As far as I read, it highly depends on the tests used (talking about the not great, not terrible part of your post). The quick tests used in s.korea are not testing for covid-19 but for antibodies which only built up after about a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

OK, so here in Israel latest developments are that we have 200 cases, 0 deaths so far. Current curve is about 15-20 new cases every day, it seems stable, but testing is still limited - so likely we have more carriers, I heard estimates of around 2k in Ministry of Health.

As of last night, all non-essential leisure businesses closed for public - restaurants (take aways are open, only closed to public), malls and so on. All businesses advised to implement work from home policy as long as it is possible, so in my case I'm working from home now. Public gatherings of more than 10 people are not advised.

There was some bum rush on supermarkets yesterday and Friday, but from what I have seen today - they are all stocked to full, so it's not really warranted. We keep getting assurances that there is enough stock of everything to last many months as is and there is no shortage expected, but people still prefer to be on a safe side.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-15 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Don't you see? He is the victim here! Those damn restrictions prevent him from helping people get their hand sanitizer!

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy
    If I had to bet, he is willing to take the hit to set up suing the companies that banned him.

A slightly nicer spin would be to think he will take advantage of the story as a way to get the word out that he has a large supply, and then he'll wait for offers. There are those who run with the idea that there is no such thing as bad publicity. If he unloads the sanitizer, I'd be unsurprised to see him try to spin this to paint himself as a good choice for becoming a business leader. This is how we get guys like Pharma Bro (who seems to still be at it -- https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/24/phar...-breaking.html).
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee