Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Secure vpns exist you know, many companies use them, blizzard probably already uses them. And there's been secure login tech for servers for many many many years. The only chance the servers shut down is something extremely bad happening to the building... like a fire.
    there was that case many years back. a couple reported had sex in the server room and knocked out a few cables by mistake *or on purpose* servers were down a short time from that. lol

i'm sure a company like blizz has things in place for an emergency that makes all workers work from home.
    i'm guessing they have sub server rooms outside their main company
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    there was that case many years back. a couple reported had sex in the server room and knocked out a few cables by mistake *or on purpose* servers were down a short time from that. lol

i'm sure a company like blizz has things in place for an emergency that makes all workers work from home.
    i'm guessing they have sub server rooms outside their main company
    Funny if true lol. But not all of their servers are even in CA, many are in IL as well, anyone who things they need people motoring them physically 24/7 is just being silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep hoping that some day I'll have little use for the terms SNAFU and FUBAR. That day is not today: https://news.yahoo.com/israel-takes-...224433532.html

Ladies, gentlemen, and others as you identify -- when this starts to wind down, either because the virus becomes another accepted hazard of life or because we eventually get the upper hand, I hope you will remember the days before COVID-19 and review the emergency measures that are being put in place to make sure they serve a needed and ethical purpose. Emergencies let things get put in place and we may even need such measures, but governments seldom like to give up powers once they have them.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Trump is still shaking hands during this pandemic...while other world leaders are avoiding direct physical contact.
    He claims he doesn't need to be quarantine. He said he took the test. I don't believe he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    Right, that's an article saying "the Germans said this" and referencing the earlier quoted message, not verifying that any of it is accurate. Maybe if they'd said "US Drug Company X is trying to buy this company and move research to the USA to make moneys!!!!" but saying Trump is going to have the USA buy the company and horde the vaccine that results is just delusional.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So spoke with my wife after she got back from work. She works at a hospital where one of her coworkers had to help in another department. She said there are 5 or 6 people being treated that are essentially undiagnosed and assumed to be COVID-19. They remain undiagnosed as they don’t have tests for it yet. They simply only know that it is not the flu or something else that they can test for. Maybe they have sent tests out to get tested, my wife doesn’t work in that department, but still it is worrying when there may be a significant number of people with COVID-19 but remain unknown here in the USA.

To clarify, I don’t know how many patients the hospital has that are assumed COVID-19, I believe the 5-6 were just the ones that the nurse had to provide care for.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-03-16 at 01:32 AM.

I'm hearing reports of pharmacy workers in the states not wearing masks while working.
    What's up with that?
    The us better start incorporating those portable temp scanner handhelds at stores if they want to lessen the number of cases. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

6 year old girl gets the virus from getting an autographed by a celtics player. T.T
    sad news...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hearing reports of pharmacy workers in the states not wearing masks while working.
    What's up with that?
    The us better start incorporating those portable temp scanner handhelds at stores if they want to lessen the number of cases. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

6 year old girl gets the virus from getting an autographed by a celtics player. T.T
    sad news...
    The masks that are the most effective against Coronavirus is the N95 Mask -- it's currently suffering a massive shortage.

My wife is currently in a conference call with her union about the incredibly unsafe practices her hospital is subjecting the nurses to in the wake of this pandemic. This includes lack of protection (due to patient theft) and short-staffing worse than usual.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...of-the-problem
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The main supermarket chains in Australia have announced, in response to the panic buying, that they are instituting an exclusive shopping hour each day just for the elderly and disabled so that they can buy their basics without the hoarding idiots being around and clearing out the shelves.

Meanwhile, CureVac, the company that Trump supposedly tried to buy, has put out a press release in which they ' reject allegations about offers for acquisition of the company or its technology.' So it ain't true.

And also from Germany, the German Economy Minister Peter Altmaier, said that they want to localise supply chains for such things as pharmaceuticals and even nationalise strategically important companies brought into difficulties by the coronavirus. Sounds good on paper but as soon as things ease off again, how are they going to stop people buying cheaper overseas products again? Start imposing tarrifs? Sounds very anti-globalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The masks that are the most effective against Coronavirus is the N95 Mask -- it's currently suffering a massive shortage.

My wife is currently in a conference call with her union about the incredibly unsafe practices her hospital is subjecting the nurses to in the wake of this pandemic. This includes lack of protection (due to patient theft) and short-staffing worse than usual.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...of-the-problem
    You'd think hospitals would be on the BALL with this!! In Beijing, everywhere you go. *minus buses* you must get a temp check. Grocery stores..etc. Many restaurants only do take out order, ALL cinema's have been closed since early february. How can people feel safe going to the hospital when they aren't taking this shit seriously. (

how would a temp check work? if i take ibuprofen my fever would go down?
    How would it work? So...tell me why everywhere you go in china, they are doing temp checks?
    i guess it's connected to the virus and making your temp go up. If they didn't work...then why would everywhere you go have you check it. *whether be with thermal scans or portable temp checkers* some ppl did take meds to lower their fever, thus being able to travel..then happily spread the virus to anyone around them and not care. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget09 View Post
    Its kinda worrying right now, here in out country it is a ghost town. Streets are clear
    I saw that the Pope is walking the streets of Rome...sending prayers to end the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The main supermarket chains in Australia have announced, in response to the panic buying, that they are instituting an exclusive shopping hour each day just for the elderly and disabled so that they can buy their basics without the hoarding idiots being around and clearing out the shelves.

Meanwhile, CureVac, the company that Trump supposedly tried to buy, has put out a press release in which they ' reject allegations about offers for acquisition of the company or its technology.' So it ain't true.

And also from Germany, the German Economy Minister Peter Altmaier, said that they want to localise supply chains for such things as pharmaceuticals and even nationalise strategically important companies brought into difficulties by the coronavirus. Sounds good on paper but as soon as things ease off again, how are they going to stop people buying cheaper overseas products again? Start imposing tarrifs? Sounds very anti-globalisation.
    That is an awesome idea. It's pretty saddening to hear about parents w kids not being able to get supplies cause hoarders exist..

- - - Updated - - -

so it doesn't work unless people just don't do anything about the fever...
    well it shows your temp. some places, like banks and convenience stores, write down your information *passport or ID number, along with your name, number and what the temp taken was.* well obviously if you have a fever, you're ill. they don't take any chances, if you're ill, you will get told to be quarantined i'm sure. I have yet to be at a place where someone failed the temp check. lol *hopefully i won't be*

well it shows your temp. some places, like banks and convenience stores, write down your information *passport or ID number, along with your name, number and what the temp taken was.* well obviously if you have a fever, you're ill. they don't take any chances, if you're ill, you will get told to be quarantined i'm sure. I have yet to be at a place where someone failed the temp check. lol *hopefully i won't be*
    That wouldn't fly too well in the US

Looks like economies all over will be crashing.
    But it seems some people want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Almost, but in most countries the need to stagger isn't exactly now, but when the number of infections likely increase in a few weeks.

At least the UK also plans to protect the most at risk during that time, and seems to have that as their plan.

And then herd immunity will work.

However, it might be that the official plan in Sweden is that the current social distancing hopefully works, and the above is just the fall-back strategy when it fails.

The other possibility would be have even stricter social distancing, and keep that up until we have a vaccine (next summer?) or until we have tracked down every infected individual to avoid new outbreaks. Possibly with a break during summer, and then back for 6 months again next winter.
    Well, I can't say what the actual plan is for Sweden... all I was trying to demonstrate is that the article pretty much directly contradicts what the other poster was stating the strategy to be. What I can tell from the article is that they are pushing for social distancing to stagger infection rates. Can't say how they will handle the most at risk individuals but I imagine it will be similar to what other nations are doing.

Herd immunity is a long term goal ....but the dude in the article seems to believe that there just isn't enough data for that to be a legitimate strategy to aim for at this moment. Seems more like "We'll let Herd Immunity take care it itself for now...right now we have to be focused on keeping infections down"

Hopefully, this summer does provide at least a small reduction in infections so we can be better prepared for when it almost certainly re-emerges in the winter months.

Best case scenario right now is that we have a vaccine ready by around this time next year...but 18 months is probably more likely.

They need to full stop start killing people who refuse to self-isolate while showing symptoms.

Every country with more than 100 cases right now should have soldiers and cops patrolling the streets. Any large gathering being planned in defiance of community pleas should be forcibly dispersed with tear gas and rubber pellets at the very least.

People are fearing for their lives and shitheads who aren't worried for themselves are indirectly killing hundreds if not thousands.

That wouldn't fly too well in the US
    Exactly. People would say it's against their freedom or some crap. I'm sure it's effective in finding cases faster. Heaven forbid we have to right down information/get a temp check to ensure we know who could be a carrier or not. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    They need to full stop start killing people who refuse to self-isolate while showing symptoms.

Every country with more than 100 cases right now should have soldiers and cops patrolling the streets. Any large gathering being planned in defiance of community pleas should be forcibly dispersed with tear gas and rubber pellets at the very least.

People are fearing for their lives and shitheads who aren't worried for themselves are indirectly killing hundreds if not thousands.
    The US needs to give stiff fines/penalties for those that do. I hate to say it but the stance on isolation breaking violation is pretty weak compared to other countries. i don't know bout the tear gas/rubber pellet thing but some serious action needs to be taken for those that break isolation.

Exactly. People would say it's against their freedom or some crap. I'm sure it's effective in finding cases faster. Heaven forbid we have to right down information/get a temp check to ensure we know who could be a carrier or not. lol
    I mean, store owners can ask whatever they want coming into the building though, so that's not a problem, there could just be no legal requirement to do it. You're not legal required to ID yourself except in specific situations (like where police have probable cause to need your ID).

I mean, store owners can ask whatever they want coming into the building though, so that's not a problem, there could just be no legal requirement to do it. You're not legal required to ID yourself except in specific situations (like where police have probable cause to need your ID).
    The temp checks via camera or handheld would be good to have tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I've seen the same thing start happening here in Canada as well. It's really smart. Not only does it provide them with a much less stressful environment to shop in...it also keeps them safer from getting infected...they can be in and out before the crushing throng of the unwashed masses buying toilet paper as though it's the last they will ever be produced.