Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Of course he is. Elections are coming up and he doesn’t want to be blamed for the U.S. getting as bad as Italy because he didn’t take it seriously.
    The damage is done..people remember how he acted/what he said. But trying to pretend like he took it seriously from the start...HAH
    The guy has stooped to a new low regarding the pandemic. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Because they're still selling a good product at a good price and only to people who choose to buy them.

So, like, standard good business practice.

Scummy would be taking all their sales off.
    What's even sillier though is he's bitching about a sale they have every week, it's not some big "COVID-19 sale!" it's midweek madness lol. When they hit the usual weekend sale is he going to bitch again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If I want to clean more thoroughly, I'll occasionally just pry off and clean every key individually. Although that's obviously more involved, so I don't do it as often.
    @keyboardcleaning

One of the reasons I went with a Corsair Gaming K70 is the unique position of the keys on the flat surface - NOTHING IS EMBEDDED - it is just super easy to clean. The keycaps removal with a good tool is not really a big deal, I replaced the standard keycaps pretty much after I bought the keyboard with translucent & stealth ones and removed them for cleaning a few times with no issues. The keys are hovering above the flat surface, so removing them is as easy as it gets.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Hearing that the Homeland Security people are circulating interstate travel bans and the like amongst law enforcement. Martial law when ?
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Fuck me has anyone actually read this Imperial study/modelling?
    https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

Summary

Do nothing - 90 million deaths globally from COVID-19, in 3-6 months.
    Mitigation - Half ^
    Suppression - No apocalyptic death rates, but if we ever relax before the vaccine thats going to take 18 months to test and produce, see above ^
    The math isn't terribly hard to do, but the result is hard to believe unless you see the math done yourself. We've been saying the same thing here for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What's even sillier though is he's bitching about a sale they have every week, it's not some big "COVID-19 sale!" it's midweek madness lol. When they hit the usual weekend sale is he going to bitch again?
    I mean, probably.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed, I'm surprised u didn't accuse Moscow of Area 51 n what not.
    It's not a conspiracy
    A few years ago, historian Douglas Selvage discovered the blueprint for a fake news campaign. It was a 1985 cable from the Stasi, the former East German police, outlining how the Soviet Union and its allies were working to promote the idea that AIDS was an American biological weapon. "We are carrying a complex of active measures, in connection with the appearance in recent years, of a new, dangerous disease in the United States: Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS."

It was a smoking gun, proving what intelligence agencies on both sides of the Cold War already knew — that the Soviets had played a key role in spreading false rumors about the AIDS epidemic.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/08/22/64088...ews-about-aids
    https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-po...regarding-aids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    It's not a conspiracy
    I mean, to be fair, it was a conspiracy, just not a conspiracy theory. More like a conspiracy fact.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Oh boy, awaiting test results, but I’ve had a flu shot, so assuming flu test will come back negative. But my PCP asked me to self-quarantine, due to lack of tests, and I might get an x-ray... fun fun, hoping they will come in any minute with positive flu test, otherwise fuck. Headache, body ache, dizziness, elevated heart rate, 30+% higher than normal, cough , fever, and shortness of breath, and had a sore throat yesterday. Blood Oxygen at 93%

... and flu test is still not back yet, after 20min when they said it would take 10min...

Update:
    No flu, but doctor thinks it might just be bronchitis, hopefully that is the case. So antibiotics for me.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-03-18 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Why are u sharing ur computers in these times to begin with is the bigger question.

- - - Updated - - -

That gif wins the thread
    This is golden
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Belgium on -almost- full lock down now. Activities outside of your home are limited to bare necessities.
    Only essential places are left open, if your work is not from an occupation that is crucial you are recommended to stay home.

I predict the Netherlands and Germany will follow shortly by the end of this week if not today. My employer is shutting the production process down, until 19th of April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    its a big deal if you cant wipe after peeing because you will be prone to infections, infections that can spread to your kidneys if you don't treat it and other bad things... you will also start to smell...
    I think the point is that TP is not the only option for wiping/washing.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Belgium on -almost- full lock down now. Activities outside of your home are limited to bare necessities.
    Only essential places are left open, if your work is not from an occupation that is crucial you are recommended to stay home.

I predict the Netherlands and Germany will follow shortly by the end of this week if not today. My employer is shutting the production process down, until 19th of April.
    The store i work in was forced to close today. Other stuff, like library, also closed down today. People are told to only leave home for necessities, but there is nothing like a general curfew and still plenty of people going around outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    its a big deal if you cant wipe after peeing because you will be prone to infections, infections that can spread to your kidneys if you don't treat it and other bad things... you will also start to smell...
    Yeah, it's a real issue! Toilet paper shelves still empty today, hope they restock soon, I'm running low. D: Damn hoarders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, my parents live in Brussels and are saying it’s bad there.
    Our peak is estimated two weeks from now, numbers are starting to really rise now. Not infection numbers but hospitalization ones since the first one is no longer that accurate as you can only get tested if you have severe enough symptoms. What is understandable considering the capacity but for people like me showing the early signs and it feels like a respiratory infection, the best you can do is monitor yourself and call the doctor for some relieve medication, as you won't get to see a doctor same as with testing only serious cases. Somewhat concerned since i have suffered multiple lung illnesses before including those that lead to hospitalization, so while i understand it somewhat i am frustrated i cannot get tested, although i pretty much have to accept i probably got it.

But yes your freedom is rather impacted, not allowed to go too far outside, 4 kilometer radius from your home with the exception if you need to go to a doctor, pharmacist, grocery store... And it is sad that this has to be done because you still had fools trying to turn this into another holiday period with planning trips.

Thank god most of our politicians however still find time to try to make political gain out of this and force a political coalition on us that has no majority in both country sides..

Hope the US is better in their response since this EU response of every nation doing the same measures with days in between is not really the way to handle this.

So apparently the Russian Gov is spreading disinformation to the EU, and the US gov is spreading lies about China.

Do the Russians not realise that the EU isnt their enemy, the US is. And attacking the hand that feeds them wont end well for the survival of their country.

As for the US, blaming China is the best way to make sure their economy gets ruined by the inevitable Chinese embargoes. So here too, attacking the hand that feeds them wont end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    The store i work in was forced to close today. Other stuff, like library, also closed down today. People are told to only leave home for necessities, but there is nothing like a general curfew and still plenty of people going around outside.
    No curfew here either but you are not allowed to go to outside activities with more than two people, with the exception if you have like 2 kids i believe.

I find it absurd that you can still get goods delivered, as if this thing can't survive on paper or cardboard...

Hope the US is better in their response since this EU response of every nation doing the same measures with days in between is not really the way to handle this.
    With that gov of Trump? LOL, all they can do is sit on their hands and blame China.

5+ Year Old Account
    First link is a joke, the 2nd wilson center? independent "research" when named after a president? ooookay...

Nevertheless, some important details have been missing or wrong. For example, it was a September 1985 cable from the KGB (not the East German Ministry of State Security, the Stasi) to Bulgarian State Security that has served as a “smoking gun”
    Ok, stopped reading right there. They (just ur NATO allies) can forge anything you want for you, they got the skills. I'm sorry but this is trash.

Regardless, this is pointless, the soviet union this, the soviet union that.
    That's like trying to argue about British media and then throw in its media during the British colonial empire.
    Guess what, the Soviet Union is gone. This is just deflecting 101, and it still doesn't explain why u lot would think Putin would want his neighbors (Europe) to be infested with Corona so it would create problems for Russia too, just to get to u guys...I mean, with such a conclusion, one is arguing with foaming at the mouth Russophobes "Fuck logic! I no like Ruskis! So, then this must be true!!111oneone"

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Hearing that the Homeland Security people are circulating interstate travel bans and the like amongst law enforcement. Martial law when ?
    Because actions are being left up to individual states your going to state state lines being closed sooner rather then later. What use is it if a State goes into quarantine measures when people from a neighbouring state without measures where the virus is free to spread come back regularly?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I find it absurd that you can still get goods delivered, as if this thing can't survive on paper or cardboard...
    If you look at it that way, then you can forget about being able to keep it away, as it can be attached to food packaging, even to the faucet controls and stuff like that. So even after washing hands, youll pick them up again when you shut down the faucet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    So apparently the Russian Gov is spreading disinformation to the EU, and the US gov is spreading lies about China.

Do the Russians not realise that the EU isnt their enemy, the US is. And attacking the hand that feeds them wont end well for the survival of their country.

As for the US, blaming China is the best way to make sure their economy gets ruined by the inevitable Chinese embargoes. So here too, attacking the hand that feeds them wont end well.
    When you are in fault due to lack of preparations, you seek to put the blame elsewhere. A saying in dutch goes, a wild animal corned makes crazy jumps.

Also the Chinese, the Chinese are doing all they can, i would argue if they did not take it as serious as they did we would have been in a far worse situation now, but it's the US president we are talking about dumbass in chief nothing smart will ever come out of that guys mouth.

Russian spreading misinformation is nothing new, after all they are the ones that fed the whole brexit campaign so this is hardly a surprise.