5+ Year Old Account
    STEAM is having a sale...cashing in on corona...I refuse to purchase, damn scums...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    STEAM is having a sale...cashing in on corona...I refuse to purchase, damn scums...
    A lot of places are doing sales, not just steam. People are going to be locked in and need to kill time.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    A lot of places are doing sales, not just steam. People are going to be locked in and need to kill time.
    mmmm...more game apps would be nice!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

83 Cases in a single day in my province.

what the fuck

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    People already have enuff games, I refuse to reward profiteer scums...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    83 Cases in a single day in my province.

what the fuck
    So much for china keeping it under control...

In fairness, they're profiting from it but it's along the same line as disney releasing some movies on home release early. A discount to encourage people to sit around and play games instead of going outside really isn't a scummy move, it's a smart business decision and just generally good for everyone right now imo.

Uh, I just looked at the store, didn't see much beyond the usual midweek madness

steam is always have SOME kind of sale though...things on my wish list are constantly going on and off sale all the time. besides, a sale right now is a good idea to keep people at home and not out spreading the virus more
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    In fairness, they're profiting from it but it's along the same line as disney releasing some movies on home release early. A discount to encourage people to sit around and play games instead of going outside really isn't a scummy move, it's a smart business decision and just generally good for everyone right now imo.
    Sure, their prime motive was safety not proft..

their profit just so happens to work well to keep people indoors right now when they should be so how is that a bad thing? its not like they're actually having a big corona virus sale right now, its just the normal sale stuff they always do
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

What their primary motive is is really irrelevant. It's a good thing for everyone.

Just to check here, if you push prices up because of the pandemic, you're an evil price-gouging opportunist; but also if you push your prices *down*, you're 'cashing in on corona'.

ED: I should have read on, turns out people want to argue the toss with you as opposed to just writing it off as clearly utter nonsense; who knew people were that bored.

Anyway; I shouldn't interrupt you I'm sure another absolute gem of a post was about to congeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just to check here, if you push prices up because of the pandemic, you're an evil price-gouging opportunist; but also if you push your prices *down*, you're 'cashing in on corona'.
    What is ur point besides listing more than one way to use this crisis for monies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I understand that.
    But rather than run from something that's likely inevitable I posit that more control is better especially regarding those that fit the majority that will easily deal with it with no consequence beyond building immunity.
    Controlled spread is hard to control due to the nature of the virus, going for herd immunity without any proof it works since it could mutate again for the next period is a measure we should not take. We are also looking at the ten of thousands death and not just elderly also. It is why the UK has backed away from that plan and the netherlands will also.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is a video of 4 years ago, we ignored the upcoming issue. Our political leaders handwaved it, we were far from ready...

What is ur point besides listing more than one way to use this crisis for monies?
    I can't put it plainer. Comprehension not your strong point I guess.

Carry on
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one way to look at it, the other is making it easier for people to stay at home and give them something to do. The chances are people were going to buy online games more during this period anyway since everything is starting to shut down.

It is not like they are selling fake cures.

Are hand sanitizer and soap bar the same for cleaning? Which one is better overall?

Supermarket around me all sold out of sanitizers lol... only way for me is to get soap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Are hand sanitizer and soap bar the same for cleaning? Which one is better overall?

Supermarket around me all sold out of sanitizers lol... only way for me is to get soap.
    One cleans your hands the other kills germs is basically alcohol based. So they are different.

Also forget getting tested in Belgium, only severe cases are being tested, unless you are really ill you can't see a doctor. Just having a cough, some lung issues and sore throat is not enough for them to come over and diagnose and test, they'll just give you some prescription that you can go pick up at the door in an envelope as they won't even hand them to you. So we are at that point also here.

Source: My father called in feeling a bit ill for the last couple of days.

Belgium also on further lock down with serious fines if you get caught doing dumb stuff like making small gatherings up to 4000 euro fines can be handed out. If you work across the border you are getting work permits to cross the border in case the Schengen zone is going on lock down. Yep war times again.

I hope you also are sticking it to the man by not wearing mass produced clothes, using mass produced electronics, eating mass produced food, using mass produced healthcare products.

I hope you're also not shopping at grocery stores since most of them are likely raising prices right now. I sure hope you are starving yourself to show them your resolve.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I'm talking about the number of cases. That's what I've always been talking about because that's what a model function would calculate. It's doubling every 3 days.
    My original point was that it wasn't doubling daily as someone incorrectly stated.

Exactly how fast it has been doubling is less clear, and the data doesn't exactly say 3 days either - and it is likely that it now has slowed down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I'm not sure why you're arguing with a mathematician about basic calculus.
    I don't know why you write what you write if you really are a mathematician (what-ever that means).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-03-18 at 08:41 AM.