14.5 million sounds like an impossible and utterly ridiculous number.

You say 40,000 dead and 200,000 infected? I can believe that. But 14.5 million would be a hole in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or are the Russian Trolls really pushing the anti-chinese angle?

15+ Year Old Account
    Finland just had its first corona death.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Is it just me or are the Russian Trolls really pushing the anti-chinese angle?
    It's serves Russia's purpose. In fact, it was extremely predictable.

Folks saying over the last 20 years that China and Russia would build some kind of anti-US common front never understood Chinese-Russian relations. They use each other. But they really despise each other and covet something the other has.

But more specifically, a strong Russia cannot exist between a strong China and a rich/ stable Europe. Eurasia is not big enough for all three of them. And Russia was never going to be content with being China's gas station.

The Russian government is reckless, but not stupid. They know that in the aftermath of this, the United States is going to go after China hard. Harder than anyone since the Soviet Union. It will do so partially to obfuscate domestic political and institutional failures, but also because China's role in global trade has become a serious threat to American and global security and the actions of the Chinese Communist Party in the cover-up of the virus will have directly lead to the deaths of many Americans. Probably more Americans than 9/11 by far when its all over.

The US, for a variety of reasons, is likely to find significant international assistance in this regard, which is why China is trying to retcon its role in this before that effort launches. This is how the New Cold War begins to take shape.

With regards to Russia, this situation works for their advantage. If the US goes all in on rolling back China, it'll likely seek Russian assistance to help isolate China. It will also likely move military and intelligence resources out of Europe and into the Pacific Rim. This will create an opening for Russia to expand its influence into Europe, especially if the aftermath of the pandemic is a weak European Union that will have institutionally failed to mitigate the damage.

In short, it plays to Russia's advantage to get the US (and maybe the rest of Europe) all riled up against China for it's responsibility, so that it can exploit a power vacuum in Europe (and the Middle East) when the US shifts gears to encircle and contain China, Cold War style (which is almost certainly coming by 2025).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I dunno why, but I kinda thought we wouldn't get any...
    It is inevitable, we got our first death a day ago - a 88 years old guy, they really fought days to keep him up, but it was not meant to be.

There are 2 more critical cases 89 and 91. At this age this shit is lethal, even with all the healthcare in the world it's probably 50/50 at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/81797...=1584789138500

Seems Corona might have been in Italy for way longer than people though.

[Some question why Italy was caught off guard when the virus outbreak was revealed on Feb. 21.

Remuzzi says he is now hearing information about it from general practitioners. "They remember having seen very strange pneumonia, very severe, particularly in old people in December and even November," he says. "This means that the virus was circulating, at least in [the northern region of] Lombardy and before we were aware of this outbreak occurring in China."

He says it was impossible to combat something you didn't know existed.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

There is no way the graphs look they way they do if there was 2 months of spread beforehand that no one knew about. There would be MUCH MUCH higher jump when it is identified and testing starts.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2020-03-21 at 01:59 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I think news about China from outside China isn't 100% accurate. Just like news about America outside America isn't 100% accurate. This is how news works. You don't always get the same news angle. This isn't new guys, use your heads. :P

- - - Updated - - -

So...way longer than people, cv was there eh? How long have people been living in Italy?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by grexly75; 2020-03-21 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s been exponential growth since they started testing... exactly what you’d expect if it was present beforehand.
    No, exponential growth is what you expect from any decently infectious disease.

1 person infects 3. 3 people infect 9, 9 people infect 27, 26 people infect 78 (the original patient has recovered), 76 people infect 228 (first 3 recovered) ect. This is a normal growth if uncontrolled and what we are seeing pretty much everywhere.

If the virus has been spreading for 2 months you would already have millions infected by the time you start testing and as you announce it to the world all those people, who have the symptoms you are looking for come in for testing and you don't get the exponential graph we are seeing now but you jump strait to 10's of thousands as soon as you start testing.
    And hospitals full of sick people that had a 'mysterious illness' for 2 months all get diagnosed with Corona overnight. Thousands of deaths every day from day 1 because now you know why they are dying ect.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Does that include New York City?
    Usually New York City doesn't think it is a part of the state.
    Just like Chicago is not Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I think news about China from outside China isn't 100% accurate. Just like news about America outside America isn't 100% accurate.
    Using "just like" for that comparison is somewhere between wrong and despicable.

Don't do the "all news are equally untrustworthy" thing, because they are not.
    I'm just curious. If the virus was in italy before people living there...how old would the virus have to be?
    With regards to news. You don't get the same news view from every country. I didn't say untrustworthy...i said not the same view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm just curious. If the virus was in italy before people living there...how old would the virus have to be?
    With regards to news. You don't get the same news view from every country. I didn't say untrustworthy...i said not the same view.
    Where did you get that from???

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Not sure, but word/rumor has it that the military are being sent to New York to help out.. And it also seems that some other US states are wanting the same..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...demic-new-york
    Last edited by grexly75; 2020-03-21 at 02:56 PM.

Where did you get that from???
    From here:
    "Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

Seems Corona might have been in Italy for way longer than people though."

So the virus might have been in Italy longer than people. So..how long have people been living in Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    New York City accounts for around 25% of the entire United States confirmed cases at the time of me writing this post.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

What are you trying to say?
    CNN does a great job at giving exact news but it's not always like that. *I shouldn't use Fox cause they are Trump supporters* but news about a country outside of that country isn't going to always be 100% accurate.

From here:
    "Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

Seems Corona might have been in Italy for way longer than people though."

So the virus might have been in Italy longer than people. So..how long have people been living in Italy?
    Gz on being an idiot that cares more about 'scoring points' on people then actually having a discussion.

Whoa. All these sub 1k posters praising China on how they handled this situation. What could be behind this phenomenon?
    Could be your inability to detect sarcasm, I mean, the guy literally said "transparency spreads germs" How more fucking obvious can he make it?