10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    He never said that. He said it's troublesome because people feel fine and go back to work as if nothing is wrong because they either have light symptoms or none at all.

But feel free to continue with this ridiculous meme. I could link you the video in question where he said it but I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Parroting bullshit is way more interesting it seems.
    Maybe you should check up on things before posting trashtalk; you're behind the times.

Pence just said that the CDC will be issuing guidelines for people to go back to work while wearing a mask, even if they're sick. That's why the post you quoted said "Trump administration", not just "Trump".

I wonder why all doctors use them, I'm sure they're like imbeciles to you oh wise one
    Seriously? Doctors don't use them primarily to avoid getting an illness from a patient, they wear them to avoid giving an illness TO the patient, who already has a compromised immune system.

The problem here is that it's incorrect to say masks are useless. They're not and I never said they're enough by itself. At this point you're either arguing for the sake of it or being obtuse for the same reason
    The masks are almost completely useless because they're almost completely useless. Unless you get an N95 or better respirator, and then use it properly, you're not getting any benefit. And even then, the benefit is minimal and quite probably outdone by false confidence. On top of all that, medical professionals still have a need for any of those masks that are available.

I mean, can you find some credible sources that suggest that civilians should be using masks right now?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now there is a cabinet meeting where the government is attempting to decide whether to implement complete lockdown for one week or just add more restrictions. MoH is for complete lockdown, finance are against, as the blow to the economy will be staggering.

They attempt to predict the expected trajectory vs measures taken and economical impact of each scenario, so far there is no agreement between sides, but they have to decide until tomorrow.

Right now, the claim is that things are looking up and the current trajectory is better than they anticipated, but it might just be a lip service and it all can collapse in a moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Seriously? Doctors don't use them primarily to avoid getting an illness from a patient, they wear them to avoid giving an illness TO the patient, who already has a compromised immune system.
    Specifically, you can be asymptomatic-but-contagious with COVID-19 for upwards of 20 days. 10+ is typical. The masks mean every single patient that doctor treats after they've been infected have not necessarily been exposed by that contact.

This is also why they're telling people to stop being idiots and buying masks to try and stay "safe". They don't work like that. A mask won't stop you catching the virus, it works to help reduce your chance of transmitting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Right now there is a cabinet meeting where the government is attempting to decide whether to implement complete lockdown for one week or just add more restrictions. MoH is for complete lockdown, finance are against, as the blow to the economy will be staggering.
    Which is a stupid-ass debate.

The only value the economy holds is in how it supports the people.

If it comes down to negative impacts on the people directly, or negative impacts on the economy which might have secondary effects on the people, that's a damn easy choice; fuck the markets. It's a hell of a lot easier for financial markets to recover than it is for millions of dead people.

Especially since the financial markets collapsing is only going to occur because A> they have no savings/float to handle some reduced sales potential, and B> they're entirely unwilling to make an effort/investment in adapting to the new marketplace, since people still need stuff just as much as always. The first means they have a terrible business model and going under is their fault, the latter is just aggressively, willfully stupid.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-03-23 at 04:16 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    15k or roughly around 40% of total US cases. NYC hospitals are already overwhelmed, they are long past the point of return. A person is dying every hour in NYC now and it's going to rapidly increase every day. There is no "saving" NYC, it was already out of control before measures where put in place most of the population will get it which means thousands are gonna die. The military is in no way shape or form capable of doing anything like China did. China literally built fully functioning hospitals in weeks, there is too much red tape in the way to do that in the US.
    Jesus - and now the Surgeon General is saying it's going to get "much worse".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which is a stupid-ass debate.

The only value the economy holds is in how it supports the people.

If it comes down to negative impacts on the people directly, or negative impacts on the economy which might have secondary effects on the people, that's a damn easy choice; fuck the markets. It's a hell of a lot easier for financial markets to recover than it is for millions of dead people.
    I'm not sure you understand the gravity of the choice here.

Just in a matter of month we spiked from 3.6% unemployment to almost 16.6% and this grows by the day. 90% of those 13% that added are those who are on unpaid vacation, but the expectation is that at least 1/3rd of those will be let go. All these people will be receiving unemployment benefits that are at the very most 2/3 of median income for several months.

This is insane and it's not about the markets, it's about people being literally thrown on the streets with their mortgages, kids and families.

Markets will recover, rich people will suffice with buying one less Porsche this year, but these guys who literally have ground pulled underneath them are fucked and we certainly don't want to pile on there.

Just two days ago there was a story about some guy who went hysterical, started throwing stuff out of his window to the street, screaming that he will suicide because he can't pay mortgage anymore - he has no Coronavirus, but he's very much a victim of it.

So no, this is not a stupid-ass debate. You don't need to be sick to be ruined by this situation.

"Corona Challenge"

Sick coronavirus internet challenge encourages coughing into people’s faces

LINK
    Swear to God if any retarded cretin tried that on me I would full force punch their head in...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-03-23 at 04:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure you understand the gravity of the choice here.

Just in a matter of month we spiked from 3.6% unemployment to almost 16.6% and this grows by the day. 90% of those 13% that added are those who are on unpaid vacation, but the expectation is that at least 1/3rd of those will be let go. All these people will be receiving unemployment benefits that are at the very most 2/3 of median income for several months.

This is insane and it's not about the markets, it's about people being literally thrown on the streets with their mortgages, kids and families.

Markets will recover, rich people will suffice with buying one less Porsche this year, but these guys who literally have ground pulled underneath them are fucked and we certainly don't want to pile on there.

Just two days ago there was a story about some guy who went hysterical, started throwing stuff out of his window to the street, screaming that he will suicide because he can't pay mortgage anymore - he has no Coronavirus, but he's very much a victim of it.

So no, this is not a stupid-ass debate. You don't need to be sick to be ruined by this situation.
    The right-wing government you've voted into office thanks you very much, now fuck off and die.

See, that's what you get for being run by corrupt greed-driven bastards you get greed-driven policies.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-23 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Jesus - and now the Surgeon General is saying it's going to get "much worse".
    Apparently he does not have the ear of the President.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-suggest...jtc_news_index

Title: Trump suggests he might soon prioritize the economy over public health

"We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem," Trump tweeted, alluding to the economic fallout that coronavirus containment measures have caused. Vice President Mike Pence echoed that sentiment in saying the CDC would update its guidance Monday to allow people exposed to the virus to return to work sooner if they wear a mask. It comes amid a "growing sentiment" in the White House that "medical experts were allowed to set policy that has hurt the economy," and after some Republican lawmakers "pleaded with the White House to find ways to restart the economy," The New York Times reports.
    Basically, the US position is that the US should be run like a business, not like a health care provider. The bailout package that was rejected in the Senate perfectly reflects this shift in priorities. Presumably attempts will be made to assure that any bailout packages that DO get passed reflect the administration's business priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Swear to God if any retarded creatin tried that on me I would full force punch their head in...
    There is a story over here where the state has sent a special plane to collect backpackers and citizens from Peru that were about to be stuck there due to closures a couple of days ago.

When they landed here, they were asked to go to quarantine in hotel arranged for that, a bunch of them refused to go to quarantine and started coughing at the officials and medical staff to mock them. In the end they were let go, because no directions to handle these cases was in place and authorities were powerless to stop them.

After that case there is a directive that allows to slap a decent fine on the offenders at the spot and repeat fines if they are found breaking the mandatory quarantine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The right-wing government you've voted into office thanks you very much, now fuck off and die.

See, that's what you get for being run by corrupt greed-driven bastards you get greed-driven policies.
    The right-wing government we have unvoted out is currently a transitional government that is taking care of this shit, while those who won elections establish permanent government.

Thanks for the morals lecture, buddy, it's uncalled for. For all the blunders of this government, they actually managed to handle this crisis reasonably well and with a measure of competence.

There is a story over here where the state has sent a special plane to collect backpackers and citizens from Peru that were about to be stuck there due to closures a couple of days ago.

When they landed here, they were asked to go to quarantine in hotel arranged for that, a bunch of them refused to go to quarantine and started coughing at the officials and medical staff to mock them. In the end they were let go, because no directions to handle these cases was in place and authorities were powerless to stop them.

After that case there is a directive that allows to slap a decent fine on the offenders at the spot and repeat fines if they are found breaking the mandatory quarantine.
    They should kill them outright.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-23 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Lots of empty schools. It's a big building, single exit rooms, long hallways with lots of rooms. Kinda hospitalesque in design. Should be an easy conversion.
    Lots of empty hotels too.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's another freshie.

A 23 years old asshole returned from Netherlands just recently, was asked to go to quarantine and was found several days later just casually walking outside doing his stuff. He got incarcerated by the police and released by the judge on signed guarantee from his parents and himself that in case he is found outside the house until the end of his quarantine 3 of them will pay a total sum of ~USD5800.

People really just do whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Hotels are being re-purposed here into quarantine quarters and some are outright used to host coronavirus patients.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    They only do that to citizens from Palestine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I figured here, using schools would make it more acceptable to shoot them when things go further tits up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like there is an agreement to do the following:

• All stores and businesses except for the Pharmacies and Supermarkets/Convenience Stores will be closed.
    • All public transport will be suspended.

These will be the measures for next 7 days.

Not final/official yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    The right-wing government we have unvoted out is currently a transitional government that is taking care of this shit, while those who won elections establish permanent government.

Thanks for the morals lecture, buddy, it's uncalled for. For all the blunders of this government, they actually managed to handle this crisis reasonably well and with a measure of competence.
    I thought it's not over yet and Bibi still has chances of becoming prime minister again. Anyway, the damage is done. And that you're defending the market over people's lives is a good example of how stupid the world has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHO chief: 'Pandemic is accelerating'

The director-general of the World Health Organization said Monday that the coronavirus pandemic is spreading at an increasingly rapid pace as he called for cooperation from the world's wealthiest nations to fight the outbreak.

At a press briefing Monday in Geneva, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said more than 350,000 cases had been confirmed around the world.

"The pandemic is accelerating," Tedros said. "We need to attack the virus with aggressive and targeted tactics."

More than 15,000 people have died worldwide, including at least 200 in the United States.

Tedros said Monday that it took 67 days to confirm the first hundred thousand cases, 11 days to confirm the second hundred thousand cases and just four days to confirm the third hundred thousand cases.

He added that it's essential for the world's wealthiest nations to work together to combat the virus, a comment that seemed aimed at a growing feud between the United States and China.

President Trump in recent days has increasingly sought to blame China for the spread of the virus, while Chinese officials have spread baseless rumors about the United States.

"We need unity in the G-20 countries," Tedros said Monday, referring to the Group of 20. "Political commitment at the G-20 level means a very strong solidarity that can help us to move forward and fight this pandemic in the strongest terms possible."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I thought it's not over yet and Bibi still has chances of becoming prime minister again. Anyway, the damage is done. And that you're defending the market over people's lives is a good example of how stupid the world has become.
    I'm defending people lives period.

You seem to not quite understand that many of those who effectively lost their jobs will suffer equally and probably more than Coronavirus patients. It's not fucking black and white, get this through your thick skull.

Israel is one of the most expensive counties in the world, mortgages here are high and daycare for children before school age is expensive as fuck - 600-800 USD per kid for your average daycare, just below the mortgage, which is about 1K USD by itself. Median income is per fulltime working person here is just shy lower than 2k USD per month.

In last month we have added 13% to unemployment, unemployment benefits are at most 2/3 of median income. Young families with kids and mortgage that were making just enough to keep their heads above the water got their income cut to pieces and they even don't know whether their workplace will take them back or even exist once this blows over.

You think getting sick is the only thing we should worry about?

This epidemic is destroying lives in more ways than one and we can't have happy end in everything.

So yes, if it means we have to handle reasonably more sick people, while destroying less families' livelihoods in process - then I am for it and it does not matter whether government that does that is right-wing, left-wing or frikkin' bottom wing.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-23 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Will you just stop it with this bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Why has the death rate gone up so damn much? It was at like 5-6% and kept decreasing two weeks ago or so, now it's at 13(!) percent!
    Is it because they've stopped testing mild cases across the world and only record cases that are in need of ICU?
    That and overwhelmed medical systems. Lots of people are now being left to die or recover without treatment. That's causing the death rate to skyrocket as we knew it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.