Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So, if they have others study infection patterns and develop vaccines, what crucial information were they allegedly sitting on?
    What you mean? They literally tried to suppress their whistle blower from the very beginning. Not just from warning the world but his own country. Everything they share needs to be taken with extreme speculation that it hasn't been altered to make them appear in the best light. Same goes for any authoritarian government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hey but for reals though, doesn't this shine a light on the fact that we need to start nominating folks in their 40's and 50's?

Especially 40's, because you've got a hefty amount of life experience by that point, but you're vibrant enough to really go after the political ambitions your constituents voted you in to pursue.
    Trudeau is in his 40's and he's been doing a terrible job during this crisis. Well, he's just terrible in every crisis... Anyway, he only began to move this week. The week before tourists were still able to get in the country while all restaurants and bars were closing. Italian tourists were even surprised that no questions were asked while people there were dropping like flies!
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Is this some kind of a joke?

Tell me, with your hand on your heart, do you really believe one bit to the numbers China even releases? They lie through their teeth even there and you are telling me this shit?
    "Is this some kind of joke?" from the guy who criticizes China for its practice while endorsing Donald Trump who did everything he accused China of doing kind of lacks substance.

But to answer your question, no, I do no think their numbers are accurate. But I don't engage in pointless accusations, especially if I cannot prove them, because it doesn't help anyone. I assume the number of infected in China to be significantly higher, as well as the death toll. And not 'a few hundreds' higher. I'm talking thousands.

But what does that matter for me, for the people I treat, the people I live with, for the people I care?

Nothing. I could, of course, go ahead and feign outrage on the internet to make myself feel better in a helpless situation, like you're doing, because it is so easy to blame one country when the entire international community fucked up on this.

As for 'telling you this shit': All you have been doing for the past two days is spew bullshit, buddy. You've had nothing of substance to add to this thread, this topic and this discussion in general. A fact pointed out by multiple people several times. You lie, you fabricate a truth that is convenient to your narrative, you personally attack or discredit others who point out just how wrong you are.

Which, ironically enough, makes you the Chinese government of this thread. Only that you have no teeth whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hah Pence withdrew his "work with a mask on while sick"-guidance.

"We are still reviewing the guidance lines"

Shocking!
    If they lift the lock down that has only just started in the US and are going to do that slowly from starting next week there is no turning back. They are already being dismissive of it all and calling it not really lethal.

The message this will send to his base is that you'll just get sick but you won't die so don't worry. Hospitals in the US next week are going to crack.

I fully expect the rest of the world sending aid to the US a good month from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if they have others study infection patterns and develop vaccines, what crucial information were they allegedly sitting on?
    Human to human infection would be the main thing coming to mind, and probably the biggest one.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152
    Coupled with
    https://www.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-...d-df28cc3c6a68
    https://archive.is/cQl0E (if paywalled)
    Take that as what you will.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...mber-rz055qjnj
    https://archive.is/ErbZE
    May knew that the virus has potential to spread human to human at that point but destroyed it. Along with Weiliang and the other 7(?) doctors' warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, in other non-bullshit news.

Associate Director-General of the Israeli Ministry of Health, Professor Itamar Grotto has shared during an interview that there is a decent possibility MoH will keep schools, universities and colleges closed until September.

So there you go - this is what they are already musing, in case some expect miracles next 2 months.

15+ Year Old Account

Associate Director-General of the Israeli Ministry of Health, Professor Itamar Grotto has shared during an interview that there is a decent possibility MoH will keep schools, universities and colleges closed until September.

So there you go - this is what they are already musing, in case some expect miracles next 2 months.
    Isn't that pretty much granted everywhere anyway? The school year is nearly over regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems to be in line with the Dutch government who already declared a continuation till at least June. Seems everyone is opting in longer lockdowns with the exception of the US who believes to be reopening in weeks not months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Human to human infection would be the main thing coming to mind, and probably the biggest one.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152
    Coupled with
    https://www.ft.com/content/2a70a02a-...d-df28cc3c6a68
    https://archive.is/cQl0E (if paywalled)
    Take that as what you will.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...mber-rz055qjnj
    May knew that the virus has potential to spread human to human at that point but destroyed it. Along with Weiliang and the other doctor's warning.
    Thanks for sharing. China not withholding information durr, shining beacon of model pandemic response.

- - - Updated - - -

"Is this some kind of joke?" from the guy who criticizes China for its practice while endorsing Donald Trump who did everything he accused China of doing kind of lacks substance.
    You satisfied with the quoted? Or you have a desire to continue your march of solidarity with those murderers in Beijing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Isn't that pretty much granted everywhere anyway? The school year is nearly over regardless.
    Well they were pretty much flaunting something alongside two months timeframe, but they seem to be revising their estimates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well they were pretty much flaunting something alongside two months timeframe, but they seem to be revising their estimates.
    I would be quite surprised if any schools opened in September.

Most likely distance learning the next semester, too. Normal teaching probably continues in January.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Trump signals openings: US not 'built to be shut down'

President Trump said Monday that his administration would work to allow local economies to "cautiously resume" activities at the appropriate time amid the coronavirus outbreak, adding that the United States "wasn't built to be shut down."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I think in general, and I do believe this virus follows this course, that maladies afflict the elderly with greater potency and duration.
    There's several theories.

Younger people have been walking around with underlying conditions for years due to not going to the doctor as much as old people. Their bodies are taxed and don't even know it.

Younger people immune systems over respond to the virus. The body becomes it's own worse enemy and exhausting itself opens the door to secondary illnesses.

The false sense of security means a lot more young people are getting infected in general.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    What you mean? They literally tried to suppress their whistle blower from the very beginning. Not just from warning the world but his own country. Everything they share needs to be taken with extreme speculation that it hasn't been altered to make them appear in the best light. Same goes for any authoritarian government.
    The moment they had relevant information, they shared it with other doctors, worldwide. Dr. Wenliang never tried to warn the world. He warned his colleagues in Wuhan that they might have a local outbreak of SARS on December 30th, in the Chinese version of WhatsApp. He even told them not to share this information outside of the group. You can see transcripts of this online. His coworkers put screenshots of that notice on the web anyway, he was brought in for investigation, and had to sign a letter of admonition promising not to leak information onto the web again - something he didn't do in the first place. Now I'm not saying that this isn't a horrible practice, it is. Other doctors had issued warnings before him, also to the authorities, but they were reporting on single isolated cases, not of an uncontrolled outbreak.

As soon as they identified the new virus, they made that information available.

And what you've said goes for any government and anyone in a position of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment they had relevant information, they shared it with other doctors, worldwide.
    Hohum... we know it's bullshit, ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Trudeau is in his 40's and he's been doing a terrible job during this crisis. Well, he's just terrible in every crisis... Anyway, he only began to move this week. The week before tourists were still able to get in the country while all restaurants and bars were closing. Italian tourists were even surprised that no questions were asked while people there were dropping like flies!
    Even China canceled New Years but some western holdouts still want tourists money...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

President Trump said Monday that his administration would work to allow local economies to "cautiously resume" activities at the appropriate time amid the coronavirus outbreak, adding that the United States "wasn't built to be shut down."
    I sure hope when he gives the order he will start with his very large packed rallies with people shaking his hands, breathing on him and everything maybe some hugs. His supporters who tend to be lean much older can win Darwin awards every rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I sure hope when he gives the order he will start with his very large packed rallies with people shaking his hands, breathing on him and everything maybe some hugs.
    Packed rallies with elderly...there's a thought.

Packed rallies with elderly...there's a thought.
    Yup since he doesn't care what doctors say and wants to go back to business as usual, Trump needs to hold as many rallies with his supporters as possible.

yep...we are so beyond fucked thanks to utterly inept leadership...its mortifying how completely inept they are...
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

I really hope that Hydroxychloroquine, the Ebola or the HIV drugs works to curb this shit. If not, we're headed to a massive bloodbath.

And please people, dont self medicate. Even if you have the drug in your hands, use it with strict medical approval.

https://www.axios.com/chloroquine-co...890aa8fff.html
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-24 at 12:25 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker