Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And they did it because Trump touted the anti-malarial as a cure when it hasn't even been thoroughly tested for such a purpose and the name was close enough that they thought it was the same thing. Simply put, if Trump kept his damn mouth shut and stayed off Twitter, someone wouldn't have died.
    I mean... I don't really give the inject yourself with aquarium cleaner guy good odds of making it even without trump...

And they did it because Trump touted the anti-malarial as a cure when it hasn't even been thoroughly tested for such a purpose and the name was close enough that they thought it was the same thing. Simply put, if Trump kept his damn mouth shut and stayed off Twitter, someone wouldn't have died.
    *Sigh* I'm sorry I just can't fix this much stupid.
    You're so desperate to find an anti-Trump narrative your propping up the corpse of an idiot that thought drinking aquarium cleaner was a good idea. Meanwhile Governor Cuomo has acquired 750,000 doses of chloroquine for clinical trials and compassionate care starting today. Maybe you should be blaming him too, or is that different because he has a D next to his name?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Meanwhile Governor Cuomo has acquired 750,000 doses of chloroquine for clinical trials and compassionate care starting today. Maybe you should be blaming him too, or is that different because he has a D next to his name?
    Because they're doing it properly and even then Clinical Trials can take up to a year or more. It could be dangerous Combined with another or other drugs that could be deadly if not taken properly.

The Couple took Chloroquine Phosphate which is the same Chemical used in Medication.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-24 at 07:39 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Because they're doing it properly and even then Clinical Trials can take up to a year or more. It could be dangerous Combined with another or other drugs that could be deadly if not taken properly.
    This isn't some new drug dude, this has been used since the 50s to treat malaria, we know the side effects, we know what drugs it causes problems when combined with, the clinical trials aren't to establish safety in this case, they're the prove what has already been seen anecdotally.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...as-virus-bites
    Nothing to worry about, 15mio workers moved places while the lockdown was enforced in CN, since thats what you want to do in any pandemic, spread the disease even more.

Most prediction models for the outbreak are using (lets be real: pseudonymized) phone location data for movement patterns and some countries are allready tracking infected people just like a regular terrorist. It means this data is valuable and even more so for a totalitarian state like CN.

=> people could not move (enforced lockdown)
    => people rely on their phones (again, enforced lockdown)
    => every state of the world wants people with phones (totalitarian states even more)

now explain the -15mio users.
    -

didnt he just said that people shouldnt listen to MDs ?

ye just right president for disaster times

its not president US needs but president US deserves ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What's happening in the Netherlands can hardly be called a lockdown. People are locked OUT of bars and restaurants, but they're still crowding places like parks and beaches like fucking morons. It's going to get SO bad here this week and next.

---------

Just got home from night shift and saw some "highlights" from Trump's daily propaganda dissemination and quite frankly if State and local leadership don't just fucking ignore him and act on their own then the entirety of the US is going to be a lot worse off than Italy. Fuck him, fuck his GOP and fuck you if you still support him.
    well at least we know that all the world ending thrilles got 1 thing wrong.

people dont panic - people just dont give any single f.... even when facing possible death .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    *Sigh* I'm sorry I just can't fix this much stupid.
    You're so desperate to find an anti-Trump narrative your propping up the corpse of an idiot that thought drinking aquarium cleaner was a good idea. Meanwhile Governor Cuomo has acquired 750,000 doses of chloroquine for clinical trials and compassionate care starting today. Maybe you should be blaming him too, or is that different because he has a D next to his name?
    Yes or no: Would these people have likely ingested what they did if Trump hadn't declared that the anti-malarial could be a cure for COVID-19 despite no proper trials being carried out? There have also been reported cases of people poisoning themselves with the actual drug in Nigeria after Trump touted it as a cure.

I don't know why you refuse to admit that misinformation gets people killed.

Meanwhile, Cuomo ordered the actual drug, not something that had the a similar name that wasn't even made for use in humans and is presumably going to be following the direction of medical experts as to how to properly go about clinical trials.

But hey, anything for you Trumpkins in your desperation to defend your God Emperor as the country crumbles around you because he refuses to lead. Got Republican officials like Dan Patrick saying elderly people should be willing to sacrifice themselves to save the economy, by which he means Wall Street. Dunno about you, but I don't want my parents dying just so that some parasite on Wall Street gets his executive compensation.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-03-24 at 08:09 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Idiots like Boris Johnson are going to cause an insurrection. Trying to flatten the curve is one thing. Taking away people's basic human rights is fuel for a revolution.
    Is this guy for real?

That's why we can't have nice things. People dying like flies and he's busy pushing his SJW crap. It's not the time for that, you... you.

Yes or no: Would these people have likely ingested what they did if Trump hadn't declared that the anti-malarial could be a cure for COVID-19 despite no proper trials carried out? There have also been reported cases of people poisoning themselves with the actual drug in Nigeria after Trump touted it as a cure.

I don't know why you refuse to admit that misinformation gets people killed.
    These idiots would have ingested the aquarium cleaner even if proper trials had been carried out, an aquarium cleaner isn't the same as a prescription drug just because it contains the active ingredient in the medication. If they're in there 60s and didn't know that it's a wonder that they didn't clean themselves from the genepool sooner.

Meanwhile, Cuomo ordered the actual drug, not something that had the a similar name that wasn't even made for use in humans and is presumably going to be following the direction of medical experts as to how to properly go about clinical trials.

But hey, anything for you Trumpkins in your desperation to defend your God Emperor as the country crumbles around you because he refuses to lead. Got Republican officials like Dan Patrick saying elderly people should be willing to sacrifice themselves to save the economy, by which he means Wall Street. Dunno about you, but I don't want my parents dying so that some parasite on Wall Street gets his executive compensation.
    I'm sorry, I guess I missed the tweet where Trump said you could get your daily dose of chloroquine in aquarium cleaner, not to mention that fact that these idiots were trying to use it as a preventative that afaik no one has even suggested works anecdotally.
    Last edited by Aurrora; 2020-03-24 at 08:14 AM.

America now ahead of China on the curve. Not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that it was poorly equipped to deal with a large number of critical patients at the same time. At the beginning of the outbreak they had 2.5 ICU beds per 1000 capita, which has often be quoted to be way to few, but I should have elaborated.
    Nobody is prepared for this even now other nations are increasing capacity through all means possible, decommissioned buildings set to be demolished this year in Belgium are being repurposed as Hospitals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    america now ahead of china on the curve. Not good.
    #usa #maga

10+ Year Old Account
    While US is indeed rushing headlong into pure shitshow, it's cute you assume official numbers in China are anywhere close to reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of real arguments against Trump's handling of this crisis, there's no need to pin the stupidity of others on top of that on him.

Trump did not tell people to go drink aquarium cleaner, the actual drug is one for treatment of Malaria that we already know is safe for human consumption, but aquarium cleaner isn't the same thing as that drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Trump's not lying, sadly. He took something that has hopeful prospects, blew them out of proportion (talking about it like it was a silver bullet) and the rubes bought it before more info was available.
    And said rubes used a fucking fish tank aditive.

You know the worst thing? that if hydroxychloroquine proves to be useful in reducing ICU patients even by 25% (and that has a decent chance to happen), that will be massive, and the orange cancer will take all the credit for that. Even if everyone else was responsible for it.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope that Novartis/Bayer/Pfizer et al dont jack up the prices of a 80 year old drug and for once do the right thing and donate 100+ millions of doses if this proves to be effective (and that has a decent chance of happening).
    Novartis has pledged a global donation of up to 130 million hydroxychloroquine tablets.

Before the surge in nominations for the Darwin Awards, our local government made the sensible move of requisiting all stocks, both so people who need it outside of Coronavirus have access to it, and so people don't try to self medicate stupidly (plus its a prescription drug anyway).

On another note, they also made all the ibuprofen and paracetamol medicine prescription-only, as despite all our big pharma firms, production is now in other countries... we only have the army's pharmacy left as a domestic source of paracetamol.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    And Republicans want to end containment measures in a week because their Wall Street owners are screaming bloody murder because the rich are actually suffering in a crisis for once.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Some dumb religious group here wanted to enter hospital and see patients with corona today. Lucky they were stoped by a police.
    They could spread it even more.......
    What is wrong with some people.

But i am kinda not suprised when you read other news from world:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/w...-religion.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What's happening in the Netherlands can hardly be called a lockdown. People are locked OUT of bars and restaurants, but they're still crowding places like parks and beaches like fucking morons. It's going to get SO bad here this week and next.

---------

Just got home from night shift and saw some "highlights" from Trump's daily propaganda dissemination and quite frankly if State and local leadership don't just fucking ignore him and act on their own then the entirety of the US is going to be a lot worse off than Italy. Fuck him, fuck his GOP and fuck you if you still support him.
    It is strange that they are still going half in about this whole thing.

Yes he is crazy absolute crazy, the adult from that stage Dr. Fauci has been removed as you was too critical so we can all see where this is going to lead to.

Luckily still good things come out of the US also, laughing every day with Trevor Noah and TDS. Sadly the latest video about Italians shouting at people to go inside is not yet on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know what is really sad? We got second day of number of deaths in italy lowering, and yet i couldn't see it in any news where i live. Guess good news don't sell as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know what is really sad? We got second day of number of deaths in italy lowering, and yet i couldn't see it in any news where i live. Guess good news don't sell as good.
    over 600 deaths a day still isnt good news lol