Quote Originally Posted by FitAsAFiddle View Post
    I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.
    And the people who you laughably think "don't deserve" your money will die. Congratulations on wishing death on people.

Get lost.

You're really gonna be upset when you learn that millions of people who don't pay taxes get to enjoy the benefits of other taxpayer funded things like roads, fire & rescue, and the protection of the military.

I'm not wishing death and suffering, just some accountability. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there shouldn't be, that sets an awful precedent for any society. People who decide they don't want to work have no place in a capitalist society. America is the land of competition, not the land of handouts. I agree with the Lt. Governor where I live, we need to decide where our loyalties lie in this country. I'm a patriot and I will work to keep this economy afloat when this quarantine is finally done away with, but I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.
    Good you can start with farmers, go get them first!!

They have been getting free buffet for decades
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

I'm not wishing death and suffering, just some accountability.
    I guess you forgot that over 75% of Workers are living paycheck to paycheck.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there shouldn't be, that sets an awful precedent for any society.
    Not true at all, Universal Healthcare worked very well in South Korea.

America is the land of competition, not the land of handouts.
    You must hate Public Roads.

I agree with the Lt. Governor where I live, we need to decide where our loyalties lie in this country. I'm a patriot and I will work to keep this economy afloat when this quarantine is finally done away with, but I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.
    You're Loyal to Capitalism not the country.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    oh yes, it worked so well in italy.
    the moment the draft of the first decree was spreaded (by lombardia government), tons of people from lombardia escaped to south italy, basically dooming the half italy not touched by the virus
    Not to mention when China declared lock-out, 5 millions left Wuhan and Hubei, some to thr rest of China so contained, but many others to the West, some even flaunting having managed to hide symptoms and be able to enjoy nice things and party over here...
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well it's happening, you have no say, be angry all you want it won't do shit, fuck off.
    We'll see about that. Hopefully this situation proves to the people of Texas that we don't need the U.S. and we can get the fuck out. You need us more than we need you.

Everyone has to pay income tax to work in this country. If you're not making enough money to pay your share, then you don't deserve my money. End of discussion.
    This, right here, is precisely why everyone should just put you on ignore. Once again, you have NO fucking idea what you're talking about.

Most of us Texan peeps are ok. I swear we are! Pay no attention to our dumbass Lt. Gov, who even the Gov is going to ignore.

We'll see about that. Hopefully this situation proves to the people of Texas that we don't need the U.S. and we can get the fuck out. You need us more than we need you.
    You think Texas is gonna leave the US? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You think you are gonna leave the US? LOL
    Its a pipe dream of an extremely few extremists, bu thats about it. The rest of us rather like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Most of us Texan peeps are ok. I swear we are! Pay no attention to our dumbass Lt. Gov, who even the Gov is going to ignore.
    Texas is turning purple, especially as more tech folks move there from places like California, so people like that jackass will eventually be the minority in any case.

Everyone has to pay income tax to work in this country. If you're not making enough money to pay your share, then you don't deserve my money. End of discussion.
    They would be paying income tax if it weren't working at jobs with artificially depressed wages. In the mean time they're still paying property tax, sales tax and payroll tax.

I get that and I'm okay with that, but why are poor people who don't work getting money? They're probably going to spend it on things they don't need hence why they have money issues to begin with.
    However you want to characterize the behavior, the fact is that when money enters poorer pockets it tends to leave more quickly (I'd argue due more to need than anything). That tendency is what we need to rely on right now, more people spending = more fuel for the furnace. If people are spending money on things they don't need, well those things are probably not selling so well right now, so it's good for those businesses, helps keep more people employed, which keeps more money in those people's pockets, keeps them spending, etc. It's a chain reaction which is much, much easier to keep going than to start from scratch.

If you don't like it you can move to the U.S. proper. But don't count of Texas staying on this sinking ship, you speak for a minority of Texans. Most of us are ready to leave.

If you don't like it you can move to the U.S. proper. But don't count of Texas staying on this sinking ship, you speak for a minority of Texans. Most of us are ready to leave.
    Nah fam. We good. Even the governor disagrees with you. Lt governor dumbass cant do shit. Lt Governor dumbass almost caused Texas to lose a shit ton of business too, and had to have his ass saved by a proper conservative, Strauss.

You know what benefits the economy more? The money going straight to it rather than saving accounts. Know who tendsa to spend the money given to them? The poor and lower middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Texas is turning purple, especially as more tech folks move there from places like California, so people like that jackass will eventually be the minority in any case.
    We aren't extremists, we're realists. You think the world is a certain way because you're in your own think tanks. Things aren't like that in reality.

Its a pipe dream of an extremely few extremists, bu thats about it. The rest of us rather like it here.
    Oh I know, there are idiots all over the US who dream of succession, civil war, building island utopia's etc.

We aren't extremists, we're realists.
    You're not.

You think the world is a certain way because you're in your own think tanks. Things aren't like that in reality.
    Says the person who espouses Think Tank Right Wing Libertarian talking points.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-25 at 08:14 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

We aren't extremists, we're realists. You think the world is a certain way because you're in your own think tanks. Things aren't like that in reality.
    Buddy you have not made a great argument that you have a firm grip on reality. Your first post was to suggest you would "sacrifice yourself" to this virus to stop the country going full communist. Which isn't remotely close to what is happening. But that "sacrifice yourself" concept sounds a lot like you would deliberately get sick to get others sick as a political statement, which is a threat of terrorism.

Texas ain't going anywhere...
    If they did they'd be a 3rd world country overnight...and they'll go back to being "Tejas."

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to reject all federal money coming your way.