1. #6801
    Saw a video of a monkey randomly flinging shit the other day. Made me think of some regular posters in this thread.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-26 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  2. #6802
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    In China there are no borders, yet they locked down everything.
    A Communist State with Authoritarian powers can easily Lock down and Close down Borders of Entry.

    US politicians are just lazy and incompetent.
    You think Americans can Close Down State to State Borders?
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  3. #6803
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A Communist State with Authoritarian powers can easily Lock down and Close down Borders of Entry.
    *facepalm*

    Don't know where to begin with that. Your first sentence is wrong, China hasn't been communist for many years. Then you assume that only authoritarian countries have police?
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You think Americans can Close Down State to State Borders?
    Yes. Easily. Europe did, none of your excuses apply to Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

  4. #6804
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Don't know where to begin with that. Your first sentence is wrong, China hasn't been communist for many years. Then you assume that only authoritarian countries have police?
    When did I ever say that? Are you that Ignorant? And you assume that Non-Authoritarian Countries can act like China?


    Yes. Easily. Europe did, none of your excuses apply to Europe.
    Is that why Italy and other European Countries are having so many issues now?

    "Excuses" LMAO You're a fool, Blocked.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  5. #6805
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A Communist State with Authoritarian powers can easily Lock down and Close down Borders of Entry.

    You think Americans can Close Down State to State Borders?
    If this gets worse they'll be able to lock people up if they go outside. How is it beyond your capability to imagine they can arrest people crossing state lines?

    Will it be perfect enforcement? Likely not. Can they enforce it by parking a cruiser across the roads or barricading them to make people reconsider? Absolutely.

    Not sure why you're adamant that something that is relatively easy is "impossibru". It beggars belief, the country that put people on the moon can't fathom how to stop people moving internally. roflcopter.

  6. #6806
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Not sure why you're adamant that something that is relatively easy is "impossibru". It beggars belief, the country that put people on the moon can't fathom how to stop people moving internally. roflcopter.
    It's impossible without the Federal Governments Involvement. You're a fool if you think That's the States Faults.

    The States don't even have enough manpower to pull something like that off properly.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-26 at 10:22 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  7. #6807
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,317
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Yes. Easily. Europe did, none of your excuses apply to Europe.
    You must be aware that European countries have provinces as well that have similar borders to each other as US states have, namely none. You're arguing that for example, Bavaria could just close its borders to Thuringia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  8. #6808
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Not sure why you're adamant that something that is relatively easy is "impossibru". It beggars belief, the country that put people on the moon can't fathom how to stop people moving internally. roflcopter.
    He's a lost case, I just decided to move on.

    He went full Trump a page ago already and there is no way to change his opinion. Apparently state lockdown including interstate arrivals is some sort of "mission impossible" now. Guess US is doomed, if even people who supposedly oppose Trump have this kind of attitude towards this crisis.

  9. #6809
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He went full Trump a page ago already and there is no way to change his opinion. Apparently state lockdown including interstate arrivals is some sort of "mission impossible" now.
    Wow you're dense, Again I said it's impossible without the Federal Governments Involvement.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  10. #6810
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It's impossible without the Federal Governments Involvement. You're a fool if you think That's the States Faults.

    The States don't even have enough manpower to pull something like that off properly.
    You're the fool here. It's a question of will. You don't like the idea so you're claiming it can't be done. Even backward shitholes in Africa are managing to police internal travel. India with 1.3 billion people is clamping down on it with local police.

    Stop your bullshit. You're objectively wrong.

  11. #6811
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    *facepalm*

    Don't know where to begin with that. Your first sentence is wrong, China hasn't been communist for many years. Then you assume that only authoritarian countries have police?

    Yes. Easily. Europe did, none of your excuses apply to Europe.
    You are being purposely dense. First China calls itself communist so trying to argue semantics on what their economic system is is not relevant. Their ruling party is the communist party of china so its not inaccurate to call them communists in that regard.. Secondly the point about police where was he stating that? They were pointing out that authoritarian nations are well adapted and experienced it clamping down on their people at a moment’s notice and shutting down their movement or do you wanna try and argue that NK and China are not more experienced at locking down their people's movements compared to Europe or the US?

    Lastly, I would like clarification as you say Europe as done it easily. Are you talking about from country to country or are you talking about idk what does France have provinces? Have they shut down all travel from one region of France to another? Also, take it to account that some states in the US have massive stretches of borders compared to the borders some European nations have in total. It is not so easy to post a cop at every crossing between states. I am also unaware if the governors of the states even have the legal authority to do so. It might take declaring martial law by the federal government to do that.

  12. #6812
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You must be aware that European countries have provinces as well that have similar borders to each other as US states have, namely none. You're arguing that for example, Bavaria could just close its borders to Thuringia.
    They basically did just that in Italy, just it was too late by that time - the key is to learn from failures of others, not to repeat them. Currently US is going full choochoo towards the same level of disaster with this flaccid attitude.

  13. #6813
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    State governors have far more power than you seem to believe, it's obvious to every fool that they could and should have done better job in every current hotspot state.

    They could have enacted measures the very same measures they did a week earlier, all of them. Instead, you sucking off Cuomo's member as if he's some savior of New York and your best show is that CA as a shining example of fast response.

    They are no better than Trump, really.

    Carry on with your BS, m8.
    Peppering bullshit like this in is why people are calling you out. Stop defending Trump by minimizing how awful his initial and current response is, and people will stop calling you out over it. You continue to do stuff like that despite repeatedly being called out on it, so either you're not getting the message or you're being disingenuous.

    The bulk of the responsibility for the poor Federal response lies with Trump because he chose to take no proactive measures, such as ordering test kits from the WHO months ago when the WHO offered to supply them. He continues to downplay the seriousness of the health crisis, and seems intent upon continuing to do fuck-all in response to this crisis. Regardless of the fact that Trump is an idiot, he is also the POTUS and as such is responsible for the action and inaction of his administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  14. #6814
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Peppering bullshit like this in is why people are calling you out. Stop defending Trump by minimizing how awful his initial and current response is, and people will stop calling you out over it. You continue to do stuff like that despite repeatedly being called out on it, so either you're not getting the message or you're being disingenuous.

    The bulk of the responsibility for the poor Federal response lies with Trump because he chose to take no proactive measures, such as ordering test kits from the WHO months ago when the WHO offered to supply them. He continues to downplay the seriousness of the health crisis, and seems intent upon continuing to do fuck-all in response to this crisis. Regardless of the fact that Trump is an idiot, he is also the POTUS and as such is responsible for the action and inaction of his administration.
    Me defending Trump? KEKW.

    Trump is a lost case. I'm just bemoaning the fact that governors on the ground who were supposed to have a lick of sense ended up failing as well.

    And here you have people who still keep pushing "We can't do this, we can't do that". What, if you have elected a moron to Presidency then suddenly the whole country collapses in ineptitude?
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-26 at 10:31 AM.

  15. #6815
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You're the fool here. It's a question of will. You don't like the idea so you're claiming it can't be done. Even backward shitholes in Africa are managing to police internal travel. India with 1.3 billion people is clamping down on it with local police.

    Stop your bullshit. You're objectively wrong.
    Stop Yours.

    I never said it couldn't be done, I said it can't Be done without the Federal Governments involvement. Also never in the History of America have States closed down State to State Borders.

    It's a question of will.
    No it isn't, it's a matter of Manpower as well as many other factors in play. America also WOULDN'T be able to close and Enforce all it's State Borders without the Federal Government.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And here you have people who still keep pushing "We can't do this, we can't do that". What if you have elected a moron to Presidency then suddenly the whole country collapses in ineptitude?
    Because people like you obviously have little to no understanding between State and Federal Powers.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-26 at 10:33 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  16. #6816
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Because people like you obviously have little to no understanding between State and Federal Powers.
    I understand the difference very well. You seem to be out of whack on that one.

    On one hand you tell me how CA governor implemented actual measures to try and stall the spread and then at the same time you are claiming they have no capacity to implement these very same fucking measures. What prevented them from doing exact bloody thing even couple of days earlier in NY or even CA, pray tell?

    What would it be, m8?

  17. #6817
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I understand the difference very well. You seem to be out of whack on that one.

    On one hand you link me how CA governor implemented actual measures to try and stall the spread and then at the same time you are claiming they have no capacity to implement these very same fucking measures.

    What would it be, m8?
    There's a Huge Difference between enforcing a Quarantine and Enforcing State by State Borders, Stop kidding yourself, you're Ignorant about America.

    I understand the difference very well. You seem to be out of whack on that one.
    No you don't.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  18. #6818
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Is that why Italy and other European Countries are having so many issues now?

    "Excuses" LMAO You're a fool, Blocked.
    First you talk that US can't close borders, now that I demonstrated that its all bullshit, your excuse is Italy is having issues and closing borders didn't magically solve everything?

    It takes special kind of stupid to think closing borders will magically solve everything. Its a part of solution, not THE solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You must be aware that European countries have provinces as well that have similar borders to each other as US states have, namely none. You're arguing that for example, Bavaria could just close its borders to Thuringia.
    Italy did close borders between counties. They fucked it up initially, but later did close them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

  19. #6819
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They basically did just that in Italy, just it was too late by that time - the key is to learn from failures of others, not to repeat them. Currently US is going full choochoo towards the same level of disaster with this flaccid attitude.
    You have a source for that? Italy's provinces closed the borders to each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  20. #6820
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It's impossible without the Federal Governments Involvement. You're a fool if you think That's the States Faults.

    The States don't even have enough manpower to pull something like that off properly.
    Wow i have never seen so much stupid. At the end of the day this is affecting the states so badly is because alot of you guys value money and the constitution over actual people, as demonstrated over the years by your constant gun issues.
    Its all on your political infrastructure, if it prevents you saving potentially millions of american lives just maybe it is not fit for purpose.
    Also while you guys argue on states vs Israel, why does washington with similar case numbers and similar population have a vastly higher death count 132 vs 5. (hint: medical capacity)
    This will get worse before it gets better for you guys, it absolutely astonishes me that a historically great country has descended so low, modern day republicans are no better than pre war nazi party supporters. (ie blind support and dismissive of facts)
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-26 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •