Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Actually yesterday he went on Fox and said there was no danger in taking it because it's been used for decades and it's safe.
    Quite frankly, I find this to be "reaching".

It's not some secret that that medicine and 3 others are being touted as potential treatments that can ease the recovery process, we also got notified about fast track approval of 4 potential treatments locally to combat the disease.

It does not mean it's a call to action to go and bloody swallow these randomly or even go as far as "whelp this aquarium cleaning fluid has it there, let's drink it".

There's plenty of things to rake Trump over the coals for, but this one is not on them. If people get their hands on what is prescription medicine and start swallowing it uncontrollably or drinking fucking cleaning liquid - it's really on them. I mean, there are even reports of people drinking fucking bleach, because they were told it kills the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    He said it’s a game changer and being tested, I don’t think he said for people to go out and self medicate with it.
    No, but the latter was the obvious outcome of the former.

Especially when it comes to his base.

Speaking of HQC, does anyone have info on when we'll get some preliminary information on the clinical trials that started in NYC last tuesday? Next week? Next 2 weeks?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A healthy 16 year old girl just died in France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    In the linked article it is also stated that the medical condition of the girl can't be revealed due to state law. Wether she had any pre existing/undiagnosed health conditions is not known.

The numbers of spain can be seen here: https://www.mallorcadiario.com/adjun...7_COVID-19.pdf - The cases in ICU and deaths in the 10-29 age group are low.

There are many young morons out there that go running around because of "who cares, it doesn't kill me anyway". The numbers sadly back them up. Their behaviour has to change, but publicizing the occasional death of a "healthy" young adults is likely not going to change that.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2020-03-27 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Speaking of HQC, does anyone have info on when we'll get some preliminary information on the clinical trials that started in NYC last tuesday? Next week? Next 2 weeks?
    Nobody knows. But I wouldn't expect anything before 2-3 weeks at a minimum.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nobody knows. But I wouldn't expect anything before 2-3 weeks at a minimum.
    I hope it's 2 weeks or less. Not for a formal paper, but even some tidbits.

Some said it couldn't be done, but thanks to having the CDC pandemic experts pushed out, as well as defund CDC n HHS, delayed response, mixed messaging from different levels of government, and a vastly unprepared for profit health care system America is #1 in coronavirus cases.
    The worst part about the internet is that it let the truly crazy, racist, and bigots find each other easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Some said it couldn't be done, but thanks to having the CDC pandemic experts pushed out, as well as defund CDC n HHS, delayed response, mixed messaging from different levels of government, and a vastly unprepared for profit health care system America is #1 in coronavirus cases.
    America! everything is bigger here.

Italy jumped up +919 deaths today. Highest single-day increase by far.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    He said it’s a game changer and being tested, I don’t think he said for people to go out and self medicate with it.
    People can be stupid af. They’ll listen to anything he says because he’s President. Example: While discussing how bad it is in NY in one of the FB groups I’m in, this woman had this to say:

Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2020-03-27 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Resized
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I guess a bunch of my fellow teachers have tested positive.

My school is talking about their wanting to close for the rest of the school year since it's projected more positive cases will come up and we won't have enough teachers.

We're attempting to work out some form of online classes, but many people in the area don't have access to the tools needed so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

It's the city and state's call. I'm in Massachusetts by the way.
    Where in MA? I thought all schools have been closed already. (I'm from MA too)

Italy jumped up +919 deaths today. Highest single-day increase by far.
    969, not 919.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Where in MA? I thought all schools have been closed already. (I'm from MA too)
    I think that poster is talking about closing until the end of the school year instead of until May 5th like the state guidelines say. i'm from MA too.

969, not 919.
    Are cases up?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Are cases up?
    Hmm?
    969 deaths in a day is the new record high.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

so our governor just issued a stay at home meaning no non essential travel and my sister decides it's a great time to go out with her friends and have "fun"(because fuck responibility.) leaving my grandmother by herself who can't walk properly who right now is without important programs (meals,cleaning,supplies) that the apartment she stays at provides because they aren't providing them right now because of i guess the coronavirus and my parents approve of this douchebaggery. not only that but now she could potentially come back with the virus if one of her friends has it and spread it to my grandma when she comes back. i am so fucking enraged right now.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

969, not 919.
    50 of those were actually from two days ago, which was 712, not 662.

50 of those were actually from two days ago, which was 712, not 662.
    All Finnish sites are reporting 969 during the last 24hours.

Also in English:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...969-fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so our governor just issued a stay at home meaning no non essential travel and my sister decides it's a great time to go out with her friends and have "fun"(because fuck responibility.) leaving my grandmother by herself who can't walk properly who right now is without important programs (meals,cleaning,supplies) that the apartment she stays at provides because they aren't providing them right now because of i guess the coronavirus and my parents approve of this douchebaggery. not only that but now she could potentially come back with the virus if one of her friends has it and spread it to my grandma when she comes back. i am so fucking enraged right now.
    If there is a government issues order to stay home and your sister is in violation of that, report her. She's posing an immediate threat to the health and well-being of others in your household.

All Finnish sites are reporting 969 during the last 24hours.
    They're just basing that on the totals reported. The total reported yesterday for two days ago was under-reported by 50.