10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, I've just been tested positive, twice. The upside is, I get 3 weeks of paid leave. The downside is, no chance to see my family for 21 days. 21 days of isolation, here we go.

And I might have had a drink to many. Fuck this virus. And, @Gaidax, fuck China. I was way to laid back a few days back in my response, and you were right. God damn criminal what they did. They're not going to pay for it but they sure as hell should.

God, I hate feeling this helpless.
    Get well soon.

Still a creepy name for a surgeon though

Germany is catching up to Italy and Spain in terms of infection rate..

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Germany is catching up on Italy in terms of confirmed cases, but are far behind in terms of deaths - and it's not just that Germany is a week behind Italy; Germany today has the same number of confirmed as confirmed cases as Italy had about a week ago - but Italy then had 8 times as many deaths then as Germany has now.

Germany is not catching up on Spain in terms of confirmed cases - as Spain has been 10-50% ahead in terms of confirmed cases the last two weeks (variance likely due to differences in reporting), before that Germany was ahead.
    Spain also has an order of magnitude more deaths than Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, I've just been tested positive, twice. The upside is, I get 3 weeks of paid leave. The downside is, no chance to see my family for 21 days. 21 days of isolation, here we go.

And I might have had a drink to many. Fuck this virus. And, @Gaidax, fuck China. I was way to laid back a few days back in my response, and you were right. God damn criminal what they did. They're not going to pay for it but they sure as hell should.

God, I hate feeling this helpless.
    Should US pay for millions of native Americans killed, or like 200 years of attacking other countries 99% of Americans can't even find on map and killing millions?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    At last night's government, the government decided, among other things, that purchases in stores would be reserved exclusively for vulnerable groups such as the disabled, the elderly and pregnant women between 8am and 10am on Monday. Seniors will only be allowed to make purchases at this time interval.

By limiting the time specifically for vulnerable groups, the government wants to further protect these groups by separating them from the rest of the consumer group, they explained in a post-government communication.

The ordinance comes into effect on Monday.

..................wait...realy......but old people are slow
    I think that is a great idea. Walmart has dedicated 6 - 7 am each Tuesday for such. But only one hour. That is not enough and I feel they should be doing it for two hours every day of the week. I would approve if they made it a temporary law here in the US for every grocery store to do during this pandemic.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Should US pay for millions of native Americans killed, or like 200 years of attacking other countries 99% of Americans can't even find on map and killing millions?
    What does his post have to do with the US and native Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    In their case it's due to rigorous testing which is a good thing, Italy, Spain and the US are rationing tests.

China is already opening up their so called animal markets again, just a matter of time before we get more surprised from there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    China is already opening up their so called animal markets again, just a matter of time before we get more surprised from there.
    https://www.businessinsider.nl/china...onal=true&r=US

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    What does his post have to do with the US and native Americans?
    He is blaming China for the virus outbreak, my question is should entire world ( almost) blame America for millions killed by their bombs, attacks, covert Cia operations...

He is blaming China for the virus outbreak, my question is should entire world ( almost) blame America for millions killed by their bombs, attacks, covert Cia operations...
    The entire world already did, already does, and has already gotten over it.

It'd be nice if we blamed China for this. Hell it'd be nice if China took responsibility. This virus should never have left Hubei.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

So I am a critical infrastructure employee so I do venture out into the world during shelter in place orders that were given to all the counties around Austin Texas last week. I can tell you next to NO ONE is bothering with that. Walmart was PACKED. All the grocery stores were PACKED. Things like Hobby Lobby were open and PACKED. The only things not totally PACKED were things that were closed which mostly equals restaurants. I mean even the parks were PACKED with kids playing on play ground equipment and tons of parents standing around each other or sitting tightly on park benches together. This area is going to have a really rude awakening once things start to balloon and they will have no one to blame but themselves sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

It'd be nice if we blamed China for this. Hell it'd be nice if China took responsibility. This virus should never have left Hubei.
    Again, it already did before even the Chinese doctors knew what was going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So I am a critical infrastructure employee so I do venture out into the world during shelter in place orders that were given to all the counties around Austin Texas last week. I can tell you next to NO ONE is bothering with that. Walmart was PACKED. All the grocery stores were PACKED. Things like Hobby Lobby were open and PACKED. The only things not totally PACKED were things that were closed which mostly equals restaurants. I mean even the parks were PACKED with kids playing on play ground equipment and tons of parents standing around each other or sitting tightly on park benches together. This area is going to have a really rude awakening once things start to balloon and they will have no one to blame but themselves sadly.
    With that many people around you not caring about it, i honestly would go for the option to wear gloves and facemask when shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Some say the Spanish flu was caused by some American soldiers.....

And when did USA took responsibility for Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Libya.....

You can't contain virus, it has left area/country/state long before you isolate the strain and figure out its a new thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Again, it already did before even the Chinese doctors knew what was going on.
    Oh please, I know you are raring to suck commie schlong and all, but guess what - this is not exactly the right moment to do this.

This is not a hill to die on, given the magnitude of Chinese Communist Party failure here.

[Infraction]
    You can't contain virus, it has left area/country/state long before you isolate the strain and figure out its a new thing.
    What you can do is actually warn the others, instead of trying to destroy evidence and suppress doctors

You bois are surely working double time for your great leader Xi here.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-29 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Whataboutism is never a good argument or defence in any case. China purposely hid this and covered it up causing a global epidemic and economic crisis.

If you want to use an example, you should use Russia and Chernobyl not something as the ME conflict that has many sides to the same coin to begin with and stems from the Cold war era were all "great powers" back then hold a large responsibility in the destabilization of that region.

So yes China should be blamed for this as the CCP did cause this and to this day we still don't know what the actual numbers in China are throwing people and governments off.

But i got a feeling this is more about you having a hardon for america than anything else.

Some say the Spanish flu was caused by some American soldiers...
    Yeah we can definitely compare Woodrow Wilson spreading the virus during WW1 to Xi Jinping spreading the virus for ... no apparent reason.

Why do you keep comparing the CCP virus to American war time actions? Are you trying to say that the CCP virus is an act of war?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    He's right though. You seem to keep ignoring anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Chinese did fuck up, but virus did get out long before anyone knew what was going on.

We don't live in Hollywood movie, where hot babe detects virus in seconds and finds cure after few minutes of mixing something in lab.

We live in reality. In reality new viruses take a while to detect, then figure out how they behave, only then some steps can be taken. This virus doesn't instantly show symptoms and begins infecting other people long before showing any symptoms. Symptoms are similar to flu/cold, so many don't even take it seriously. Virus got out of China long before it was detected. Local authorities did fuck up, but its inconsequential because virus was already spreading far away.

Everything that is happening in west right now is on west, not on China. Many countries are still doing fuck all, US being the biggest offender there. Stupid politicians and stupid people all over the world are not Chinese fault.

Stop living in imaginary Hollywood movie scenario where everything is black and white.
    But if the reports of China actively destroying evidence of human-to-human transmission and severity of the infection are true, and if the reports of them sitting on information weeks longer than they admit, than they are partially responsible for the worlds delayed reaction. For example, if we had known about human-to-human transmission by the time the Chinese government and CDC allegedly knew, we would have had weeks to lock down airports, weeks to prepare hospitals, ramp up supplies, and so on. We probably would still have the pandemic, but we might have already saved hundreds or thousands of lives so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    He's right though. You seem to keep ignoring anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Chinese did fuck up, but virus did get out long before anyone knew what was going on.

We don't live in Hollywood movie, where hot babe detects virus in seconds and finds cure after few minutes of mixing something in lab.

We live in reality. In reality new viruses take a while to detect, then figure out how they behave, only then some steps can be taken. This virus doesn't instantly show symptoms and begins infecting other people long before showing any symptoms. Symptoms are similar to flu/cold, so many don't even take it seriously. Virus got out of China long before it was detected. Local authorities did fuck up, but its inconsequential because virus was already spreading far away.

Everything that is happening in west right now is on west, not on China. Many countries are still doing fuck all, US being the biggest offender there. Stupid politicians and stupid people all over the world are not Chinese fault.

Stop living in imaginary Hollywood movie scenario where everything is black and white.
    It's better to not live in denial. Yes China is the main fuck up that all of this is happening...Trump is a major major fuck up why this is happening in the US. "It's just the flu" says he "Get over it" says he. What the hell...his immediate response should have been "Oh shit, batten down the hatches..all stations prepare for virus invasion" No, not the orange clown god, "get over it"...tell that to the people who have died.