Here's some more of retardation in news:

About several days ago some religious morons arranged a wedding with way more than 10 participants allowed - about a hundred and a bit. Today we found out one of the guest participants had Coronavirus and he went there despite already having orders to self-isolate.

Good times.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-28 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    It does matter, and we should do correct things to reduce the damage. Being overly dramatic puts some people in a defensive stance and actually hurts the cause.
    I agree, just that phrasing sounded a little careless. But no matter, yes, people need to keep a cool head through this. Granted, in the US at least, our leaders are doing a horrible job trying to prevent hysteria
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Dreadlord
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think the difference is that I don't really see any "full-blown panic" that some people talk about. Perhaps you can show some examples and/or describe what a "full-blown panic" means to you?
    This is exactly my point - just like quarantines should come before it gets bad and people are laying on the streets, panic mitigation should come before it gets bad and people are killing each other and looting stores.

A very mild example of panic is buying dozens of toilet paper rolls. A "full-blown" example which isn't happening yet and which we should prevent would be mass riots and looting. You know, post-apocalyptic stuff from movies. We actually had a few isolated events in my city during the war before the "new government" enforced law and order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

This is exactly my point - just like quarantines should come before it gets bad and people are laying on the streets, panic mitigation should come before it gets bad and people are killing each other and looting stores.

A very mild example of panic is buying dozens of toilet paper rolls.
    Perfect example of what I mean.

Nobody, anywhere, is attempting to promote toilet-paper hoarding. It's happening regardless, sure, because people can be rather stupid. But you can't really force people not to be stupid, just as you're unlikely to force that nice lady into not going to church. But I sure as hell don't see people encouraging others to hoard toilet paper, do you? In fact, it's quite the opposite.

Whereas there are definitely some people in authority who are promoting the idea that everything is fine and that people should go to church (for example) like normal.

A "full-blown" example which isn't happening yet and which we should prevent would be mass riots and looting. You know, post-apocalyptic stuff from movies. We actually had a few isolated events in my city during the war before the "new government" enforced law and order.
    I don't see this happening, though. And surely nobody is promoting it, even indirectly.

- - - Updated - - -

First death of infant in connection with coronavirus reported in the US

An Chicago baby is the first infant death in the US associated with coronavirus, Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said Saturday.

"There has never before been a death associated with COVID-19 in an infant. A full investigation is underway to determine the cause of death," Ezike said. "We must do everything we can to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. If not to protect ourselves, but to protect those around us."

An investigation into the cause of death is underway, Ezike said.

The death of a child younger than one year with coronavirus has previously been reported in China. That child had a pre-existing condition.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Here's some more of retardation in news:

About several days ago some religious morons arranged a wedding with way more than 10 participants allowed - about a hundred and a bit. Today we found out one of the guest participants had Coronavirus and he went there despite already having orders to self-isolate.

Good times.
    Hey! That also happened here in chile, where a dumb imbecile ignored the quarantine, got into a plane, went to a wedding, after that he went to a club and then went back to his town. Now, ignoring quarantines are a pastime of the upper class in here and the state does nothing.

Update: On more uplifting news, it turns out that the person who i was exposed that had the COVID-19 was a false positive. So yay i guess. I will still stay in my home until at the very least monday and go out only if necesary, to buy groceries.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-28 at 09:14 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Chinese health organization it is.
    https://twitter.com/ezracheungtoto/s...69774410469376

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I agree. This is 100% justified right now.
    Agreed, a few cases in the UK of this, someone actually went and stabbed the tires of ambulances. Self isolation in a cell for a few years. I don't want to come off as some right wing tough on crime type, normally I am not, but these aren't normal times, and I know people react differently to stress, but these (thankfully few) cases need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What the hell was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What the hell was that?
    WHO is well known to suck China's dick.

Every mention of Taiwan makes them shake in terror of China withdrawing support to their sham organization. I'm surprised you are so surprised.

They are as much complicit as China is in this crap.

Here's the slightly longer clip. I think the latter part is equally damning.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    WHO is well known to suck China's dick.

Every mention of Taiwan makes them shake in terror of China withdrawing support to their sham organization. I'm surprised you are so surprised.

They are as much complicit as China is in this crap.
    No, I didn't know. Never heard anyone mention anything like that about WHO. But it does make sense. What company or organization operating in China isn't bending over backwards?

But I was mainly surprised at how he went with it. He might have just as well have said he was going into a tunnel, it was that obvious. Wouldn't it have been better to simply say that he can't comment on it, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Agreed, a few cases in the UK of this, someone actually went and stabbed the tires of ambulances. Self isolation in a cell for a few years. I don't want to come off as some right wing tough on crime type, normally I am not, but these aren't normal times, and I know people react differently to stress, but these (thankfully few) cases need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    Self isolation? They should be facing a firing squad
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

So many different ways one could give a diplomatic answer to this without coming across as being unable or unwilling to reply. This makes you simply look at best incapable of being in a top position or unable to answer due to being influenced by China at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Self isolation? They should be facing a firing squad
    Apply the North Korean solution to these people lol.

I am joking, joking!
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Apply the North Korean solution to these people lol.

I am joking, joking!
    Hey at least he didn't suggest execution with anti-air guns!

Statistically, Vatican City has the highest rate of infection per million citizens in the world! (With 6 cases)

Yeah that's even worse.

Bad for a number of reasons. The first is obvious, but secondary is the fact that Trump and other leaders will use this as an excuse for their poor response to the current crisis.

In Canada they warned people that recently traveled back from their home country need to stay home to do 14 days self isolation.

And today while I was at a bank, I saw this person carry like 3 luggage still standing there, I assume she just came back from her home country, she really need to not go outside. Why she can't just get a Uber ride to take all her luggage and bring her back home asap? People refuse to listen man.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Bad for a number of reasons. The first is obvious, but secondary is the fact that Trump and other leaders will use this as an excuse for their poor response to the current crisis.
    WHO has worked with leaders of other 3rd world countries and often flatter them to make them kinder to WHO so I doubt that:
    https://twitter.com/DrTedros/status/1126828875479040000