Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    How the fuck are you going to keep everyone at home?

Lol, maybe you should look at your own place before having opinions on how other countries deal with it.
    You don't need to keep everyone at home. You just need to enforce police curfew and everyone caught braking it gets fined. In my country it's 4x average salary and 3 years in prison if you leave isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Oh fuck. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you come back OK. And yeah, The CCP Needs to pay for this.
    and how do you expect to make them pay?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and how do you expect to make them pay?
    For once, do what skroe ranted a few years back, and get manufacturing out of china ASAP. Isolate them on the world stage, Force them to accept the right to exist of Hong Kong and Taiwan.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, I've just been tested positive, twice. The upside is, I get 3 weeks of paid leave. The downside is, no chance to see my family for 21 days. 21 days of isolation, here we go.
    Here's hoping that you have an extremely uneventful three weeks and recover with no ill effects.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Good luck both to you and your family. Have they also been tested since they've presumably been in contact with you the past couple weeks? I'm dreading the day when I start getting symptoms purely because it will have meant I've exposed my wife to it.
    I'm a surgeon. I've sent my kids and wife of to live with her parents in a rural region of Germany almost 4 weeks back by now, seeing how exposed and likely to get this I was. I've only had contact to colleagues and friends the past weeks, and I've been testing myself regularly every few days. Like all medical staff I'm rather exposed, and I like to err on the side of caution.
    I'm almost 100% certain where I got it. I had to operate on a patient who was tested positive, with obstructions in the lungs, probably a result of smoking. No hard feelings, the risk comes with the profession. But thanks for your kind words.

For once, do what skroe ranted a few years back, and get manufacturing out of china ASAP. Isolate them on the world stage, Force them to accept the right to exist of Hong Kong and Taiwan.
    But viruses are still going to spread. Sure, they handled it in a shitty way. But the rest of the world was always going to get it, even if China handled it with absolute perfection. Novel viruses suck. We could have known more faster, but the rest of the world handled this in a god awful way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Here's hoping that you have an extremely uneventful three weeks and recover with no ill effects.
    Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Hopefully you recover fast!
    Oh fuck. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you come back OK. And yeah, The CCP Needs to pay for this.
    Thank you both =)

Well, I've just been tested positive, twice. The upside is, I get 3 weeks of paid leave. The downside is, no chance to see my family for 21 days. 21 days of isolation, here we go.

And I might have had a drink to many. Fuck this virus. And, @Gaidax, fuck China. I was way to laid back a few days back in my response, and you were right. God damn criminal what they did. They're not going to pay for it but they sure as hell should.

God, I hate feeling this helpless.
    Best of luck. And wishing you to be asymptomatic. I, coincidentally(?), had a very nasty cough from mid february to mid march, and wish that to no one (could not get tested).

And f*ck China indeed. Thousands of our people were mobilized by the army, my brother among them in a hospital battalion, and they'll be working 18/7 for at least 3 months without any chances to see their families...

It wouldn't surprise me if their real numbers are 10 time the officials...

On another note, they gave us today a partial explanation to the relatively high number of death in our country : a lot of the very elderly typically ask not to be reanimated if they were to suffer from a crippling illness. A little cultural peculiarity of ours perhaps, since we have legal medically assisted suicide here, doubled down by a growing social pressure on the very elderly to leave without too much fuss, given the typical enormous costs of a highly medicalized or cared end of life... such a charming world.
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

And I might have had a drink to many. Fuck this virus. And, @Gaidax, fuck China. I was way to laid back a few days back in my response, and you were right. God damn criminal what they did. They're not going to pay for it but they sure as hell should.

That sucks . Best of luck and a speedy recovery.

And indeed, fuck china. The people I'm fine with, but fuck their government for causing this and withholding important information to the rest of the world. Every person that died due to this they should be made responsible for. But of course they won't, because when this is all over with big business will still need china for its supply and demand, and government loves big business more the their own people.
    #boycottchina

Yikes, good luck with it.

You know, we need to rename it the CCP virus. And stick it everywhere.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Taiwan still calls it Wuhan Pneumonia /shrug.

Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Nah, that will just lead to more xenophobia. It already has a name, and it likely spread out of China before even the Chinese doctors knew what it was.

Any government is mostly just using to deflect blame from their own fuckups.
    Last edited by CommunismWillWin; 2020-03-29 at 12:49 AM.
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

Wow. I've never seen a german speak such pure Hochdeutsch. I couldn't pinpoint where this was if my life depended on it!

(Hochdeutsch is basically what is Oxford English for English speakers, a 'sterile' no-dialect version of the language.)

Also, I want one of those cakes.
    I would say...
    hmm...
    Dortmund

Edit
    Gute Besserung!

how do you expect to do that if foreign workers are cheaper to employ than a lot of first world countries?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Can we do the same for Catalonia in Spain?
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Here's the slightly longer clip. I think the latter part is equally damning.
    Yeah, you don't see such blatant failing every day. That disconnect was something...

And Macau.

Another reason the US is fucked the right wing media is now actively telling people to spread the virus.

Twitter pulls The Federalist’s dangerous ‘pox’ coronavirus tweet

Facebook has kept their post up btw

It wasn’t the noise that made NJ cops shut down ‘Corona Party’ that brought warning from state’s governor

Now these Coronavirus parties are being organized all across the country.

not sure if it's been posted this thread moves so fast but the US sent NORTHCOMM and other key figures to bunkers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-bunker.html

smart move but people are taking it to mean more than what it likely does.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020