Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    He is blaming China for the virus outbreak, my question is should entire world ( almost) blame America for millions killed by their bombs, attacks, covert Cia operations...
    The entire world already did, already does, and has already gotten over it.

It'd be nice if we blamed China for this. Hell it'd be nice if China took responsibility. This virus should never have left Hubei.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

So I am a critical infrastructure employee so I do venture out into the world during shelter in place orders that were given to all the counties around Austin Texas last week. I can tell you next to NO ONE is bothering with that. Walmart was PACKED. All the grocery stores were PACKED. Things like Hobby Lobby were open and PACKED. The only things not totally PACKED were things that were closed which mostly equals restaurants. I mean even the parks were PACKED with kids playing on play ground equipment and tons of parents standing around each other or sitting tightly on park benches together. This area is going to have a really rude awakening once things start to balloon and they will have no one to blame but themselves sadly.

Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

It'd be nice if we blamed China for this. Hell it'd be nice if China took responsibility. This virus should never have left Hubei.
    Again, it already did before even the Chinese doctors knew what was going on.
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So I am a critical infrastructure employee so I do venture out into the world during shelter in place orders that were given to all the counties around Austin Texas last week. I can tell you next to NO ONE is bothering with that. Walmart was PACKED. All the grocery stores were PACKED. Things like Hobby Lobby were open and PACKED. The only things not totally PACKED were things that were closed which mostly equals restaurants. I mean even the parks were PACKED with kids playing on play ground equipment and tons of parents standing around each other or sitting tightly on park benches together. This area is going to have a really rude awakening once things start to balloon and they will have no one to blame but themselves sadly.
    With that many people around you not caring about it, i honestly would go for the option to wear gloves and facemask when shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Unfortunately there are too many morons. It doesn't help that there is so much fake news going around, spread by many people to score political points that population got tired of it all and doesn't believe anyone.

I hope you are staying away from all those idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Some say the Spanish flu was caused by some American soldiers.....

And when did USA took responsibility for Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Libya.....

You can't contain virus, it has left area/country/state long before you isolate the strain and figure out its a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Again, it already did before even the Chinese doctors knew what was going on.
    Oh please, I know you are raring to suck commie schlong and all, but guess what - this is not exactly the right moment to do this.

This is not a hill to die on, given the magnitude of Chinese Communist Party failure here.

[Infraction]
    You can't contain virus, it has left area/country/state long before you isolate the strain and figure out its a new thing.
    What you can do is actually warn the others, instead of trying to destroy evidence and suppress doctors

You bois are surely working double time for your great leader Xi here.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-29 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

He is blaming China for the virus outbreak, my question is should entire world ( almost) blame America for millions killed by their bombs, attacks, covert Cia operations...
    Whataboutism is never a good argument or defence in any case. China purposely hid this and covered it up causing a global epidemic and economic crisis.

If you want to use an example, you should use Russia and Chernobyl not something as the ME conflict that has many sides to the same coin to begin with and stems from the Cold war era were all "great powers" back then hold a large responsibility in the destabilization of that region.

So yes China should be blamed for this as the CCP did cause this and to this day we still don't know what the actual numbers in China are throwing people and governments off.

But i got a feeling this is more about you having a hardon for america than anything else.

Some say the Spanish flu was caused by some American soldiers...
    Yeah we can definitely compare Woodrow Wilson spreading the virus during WW1 to Xi Jinping spreading the virus for ... no apparent reason.

Why do you keep comparing the CCP virus to American war time actions? Are you trying to say that the CCP virus is an act of war?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh please, I know you are raring to suck commie schlong and all, but guess what - this is not exactly the right moment to do this.

This is not a hill to die on, given the magnitude of Chinese Communist Party failure here.
    He's right though. You seem to keep ignoring anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Chinese did fuck up, but virus did get out long before anyone knew what was going on.

We don't live in Hollywood movie, where hot babe detects virus in seconds and finds cure after few minutes of mixing something in lab.

We live in reality. In reality new viruses take a while to detect, then figure out how they behave, only then some steps can be taken. This virus doesn't instantly show symptoms and begins infecting other people long before showing any symptoms. Symptoms are similar to flu/cold, so many don't even take it seriously. Virus got out of China long before it was detected. Local authorities did fuck up, but its inconsequential because virus was already spreading far away.

Everything that is happening in west right now is on west, not on China. Many countries are still doing fuck all, US being the biggest offender there. Stupid politicians and stupid people all over the world are not Chinese fault.

Stop living in imaginary Hollywood movie scenario where everything is black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    He's right though. You seem to keep ignoring anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Chinese did fuck up, but virus did get out long before anyone knew what was going on.

We don't live in Hollywood movie, where hot babe detects virus in seconds and finds cure after few minutes of mixing something in lab.

We live in reality. In reality new viruses take a while to detect, then figure out how they behave, only then some steps can be taken. This virus doesn't instantly show symptoms and begins infecting other people long before showing any symptoms. Symptoms are similar to flu/cold, so many don't even take it seriously. Virus got out of China long before it was detected. Local authorities did fuck up, but its inconsequential because virus was already spreading far away.

Everything that is happening in west right now is on west, not on China. Many countries are still doing fuck all, US being the biggest offender there. Stupid politicians and stupid people all over the world are not Chinese fault.

Stop living in imaginary Hollywood movie scenario where everything is black and white.
    But if the reports of China actively destroying evidence of human-to-human transmission and severity of the infection are true, and if the reports of them sitting on information weeks longer than they admit, than they are partially responsible for the worlds delayed reaction. For example, if we had known about human-to-human transmission by the time the Chinese government and CDC allegedly knew, we would have had weeks to lock down airports, weeks to prepare hospitals, ramp up supplies, and so on. We probably would still have the pandemic, but we might have already saved hundreds or thousands of lives so far.

It's better to not live in denial. Yes China is the main fuck up that all of this is happening...Trump is a major major fuck up why this is happening in the US. "It's just the flu" says he "Get over it" says he. What the hell...his immediate response should have been "Oh shit, batten down the hatches..all stations prepare for virus invasion" No, not the orange clown god, "get over it"...tell that to the people who have died.

Listen, bud. I totally don't want to open this can of worms now, but CCP knew very well what is going already in December. They already knew it was transmitted human-to-human, they already knew what was brewing in Wuhan.

Their actions? Suppress doctors who voiced this, destroy evidence and force CHO... whoops... WHO to ignore warnings about this from Taiwan back in fucking December.

It took them almost two months to come clear about this and let the world know, out of those 2 months - at the very least, one month already they knew shit was going bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But if the reports of China actively destroying evidence of human-to-human transmission and severity of the infection are true, and if the reports of them sitting on information weeks longer than they admit, than they are partially responsible for the worlds delayed reaction. For example, if we had known about human-to-human transmission by the time the Chinese government and CDC allegedly knew, we would have had weeks to lock down airports, weeks to prepare hospitals, ramp up supplies, and so on. We probably would still have the pandemic, but we might have already saved hundreds or thousands of lives so far.
    We might have started working sooner, but that seems unlikely. The problem is that our response has been terrible. We didn't lock down because a virus appeared. We knew about coronavirus months before lockdowns started. We just didn't care until the numbers became a problem. Even now, here in the US, we still largely do not care. Both my town and my county have given shelter in place orders, but there are only about 10% fewer people out and about in general - and about 50% more people out and about in leisure areas. Because our culture is the problem.

I know everyone wants someone to blame because it makes all of this easier, but at least in America, we're going to have to recognize that most of the blame falls back on us.

But if the reports of China actively destroying evidence of human-to-human transmission and severity of the infection are true *snip*
    "Reports". What reports? Ones posted by known anti-China fake news spreaders? There is so much fake news going around, you should check actual sources for them.

Your entire post is based on premise that west would somehow react differently. US is still not taking this seriously, while being #1 by number of infections. That proves that nothing would have been done differently, even if those alleged reports are true.

I hope you do get well! However your situation is fault only of US politicians that aren't taking necessary steps to protect their population.

Listen, bud. I totally don't want to open this can of worms now, but CCP knew very well what is going already in December. They already knew it was transmitted human-to-human, they already knew what was brewing in Wuhan.

Their actions? Suppress doctors who voiced this, destroy evidence and force CHO... whoops... WHO to ignore warnings about this from Taiwan back in fucking December.

It took them almost two months to come clear about this and let the world know, out of those 2 months - at the very least, one month already they knew shit was going bad.
    We knew about coronavirus months ago, too. Hell, from what the CDC can tell from our first cases, the US probably already had coronavirus by the time China was becoming more aware of how large of a problem it was. But China knowing it was a Destroyer of Senior Worlds a few weeks ahead of time doesn't explain why we had a media network was convincing 40% of Americans the entire thing was a hoax, or why leaders were telling people they could still go to work, or that they should put the economy before their safety. It doesn't explain why many of the affected countries, or here in the US the affected counties and states, haven't put any orders in place to fight its spread at all. Even if China threw the first punch, now we're sitting here punching ourselves unconscious and cursing China with every hit.

Yeah... sure. Do you have any proof for your claims?

But that doesn't matter because its red herring to deflect blame. In most countries nothing was done until middle of March. Many months after everything was well known, almost nothing is still being done in US. Yes, CCP fucked up, but what is happening right now is not their fault.

This could have been prevented if we could have enforced quarantine measures on time and were better equipped to deal with this. The latter is fully on our own government unwillingness to invest into this after the first SARS outbreaks from the early '00's.

However a quarantine on any level would have failed as a quarantine is based on correct and trusty worthy information. China would have to have reported it and locked down their own nation, not let as a figure of speech half of china go on holidays all over Europe.

Defending the CCP is a very odd stance to take. It is perfectly possible to call out the unwillingness of some US politicians or western ones and still hold the CCP at its core responsible for letting this spread like a wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    This could have been prevented if we could have enforced quarantine measures on time and were better equipped to deal with this. The latter is fully on our own government unwillingness to invest into this after the first SARS outbreaks from the early '00's.

However a quarantine on any level would have failed as a quarantine is based on correct and trusty worthy information. China would have to have reported it and locked down their own nation, not let as a figure of speech half of china go on holidays all over Europe.

Defending the CCP is a very odd stance to take. It is perfectly possible to call out the unwillingness of some US politicians or western ones and still hold the CCP at its core responsible for letting this spread like a wildfire.
    I'm not defending CCP. They did fuck up.

I'm pointing out that their fuck up is inconsequential to current situation. Chinese fuck up happened several months ago. What we see right now is result of legendary grade fuck ups by western politicians and they are trying to shift blame.

Uhm, Feb 15.
    China: 68k cases
    Germany: 15 cases

When did Germany start to take this seriously?

Wait I'll help you out.

"Germany has introduced travel restrictions for entries from outside the Schengen area on March 17, 2020. All corresponding entries from non-EU-citizens and citizens of non-Schengen states by plane or ship will be affected. Entry will be possible for German citizens." - Frankfurt Airport.

Sure China has a role in all of this and we should establish some oversight that is not bound by national laws but let's face it, this will never happen.

Each and every country fucked this up, well maybe except South Korea whom the Virus reached first and couldn't get a hold, so go ahead blame the Chinese but don't blame them for the fuckups of our slow and even negligent response.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.