Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's ALMOST as if states and local official are checking in at the end of the day to update numbers, and that the disease isn't anywhere near contained or ready to taper off.
    This isn't directed at you, I'm just using your quote as a springboard for others.
    Well, I recall mentioning that everyone will likely get it.

It's fucking over guys. Now already at 52k with almost 4hours to go. Looks like our hopes of flattening the curve early is gone.

Yeah largest number of deaths today in the US. This is going to get much worse before it get's any better.

US just broke 160k cases and will break 3k deaths soon. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Chinese wet markets still operating despite COVID-19

What a surprise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...ating_despite/

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...pFf7D2pvdJss3U

It's just a ticking bomb of viruses waiting to happen in those places.
    China has 0 new case in the last 2 weeks.
    I predict, 100 years from now, China is called Holy Land.
    Chairman Xi saved Humanity in 2020.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-03-30 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Is China still open to foreign travelers? I'm sick of the situation here and would like to move to a safe haven like China. Their healthcare system and leadership in handling this whole crisis have been nothing but phenomenal.

That is, objectively, a lie, even if you believe their internationally-released "data".

Are you suggesting that propaganda will still exist in 100 years?

Also, I'm sure the CCP calls it a "Holy Land" right now, so why wait?

- - - Updated - - -

Psst, your loyalty's showing.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That is, objectively, a lie, even if you believe their internationally-released "data".

Are you suggesting that propaganda will still exist in 100 years?

Also, I'm sure the CCP calls it a "Holy Land" right now, so why wait?

- - - Updated - - -

Psst, your loyalty's showing.

How long do you predict the CCP would last?

Maybe the coronavirus scandal will lead to a nuclear war between USA and China.

Fallout becomes real.

Unless China is going to change their way of markets and eating animals they will have the whole world pissed at them, hopefully a war is not going to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Is China still open to foreign travelers? I'm sick of the situation here and would like to move to a safe haven like China. Their healthcare system and leadership in handling this whole crisis have been nothing but phenomenal.
    Dude you are so face palm. Do you love the CCP because they fudge the numbers? Can live in fantasy land saying the virus is going away because they stop reporting it. Yeah can see why you'd wanna move to China to get away from doom sayers. Aka people with a grip on reality
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

How long do you predict the CCP would last?
    In its current form? Probably not 100 years.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Dude you are so face palm. Do you love the CCP because they fudge the numbers? Can live in fantasy land saying the virus is going away because they stop reporting it. Yeah can see why you'd wanna move to China to get away from doom sayers. Aka people with a grip on reality
    My dude! Ahem!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Testing is of course important, but it's just testing after all. Not going to directly save lives per se; helps to slow down the spreading though.

The reality is that everyone who is not immune to the virus will get it sooner or later, it's that contagious and widespread. There is no stopping​ it anymore.
    I am not a big fan of testing everyone, i would go with those who actually need it first. I would also be more interested in a test if i already had it or not.
    Another thing, if you get tested and declared "not infected", wouldn't that send a wrong message to some acting a big more freely?

Anyway has to be a whole framework around this, because testing random people and telling them they are not infected is really not helping the big picture.

I would argue for people who need it like risk groups first, but i am biased as i have had lung issues before that mimic part of the corona virus symptoms.

i can't even....what is this? what am i reading?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I mean, schools are all shut down. One explanation thus comes readily to mind.

It's fucking over guys. Now already at 52k with almost 4hours to go. Looks like our hopes of flattening the curve early is gone.
    Multiple people told you this was going to happen. Douchbaggery aside, flatten the curve means just that. Its going to go from climbing fucking steeply to climbing slightly less fucking steeply. Over time the plan / aspiration / hope is to get it towards where it flattens, ie no new infections. It's simply not possible for it to go from a vertical wall to a dead level floor overnight, or even over a few days. It will happen over weeks and those weeks are probably towards the middle of April.

And thats only Europe and North America. Africa / South America / India have crises looming that makes what is happening in the USA look trivial in comparison. India has a population 4 times the size of the USA and mass migration out of the big cities is happening as we speak because they've shut down. If this gets out of control in India its going to be biblical and heartbreaking.

Thats why I think people are so angry at you. I can't speak for others but I get the impression you are kinda wiping your brow thinking "phew", its under control. This is going to get far worse and however long you think its going to persist, its going to be longer.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Shh... don't discourage him. I think he had an excellent idea and should be encouraged to act on it.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Shh... don't discourage him. I think he had an excellent idea and should be encouraged to act on it.
    #naturalselection

How much do you get paid for your schilling?
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...