1. #8361
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So when did I post unrealistic expectations? Did I ever say that the virus would just vanish overnight like he slandered? You were making a molehill out of a previous 600 decline in cases while deliberately ignoring recent slowing down of growth rate so how is that not preaching pessimism?
    Imagine thinking one days data was enough to warrant a stance on either side. Please stop trolling the thread with your dramatic non sense
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  2. #8362
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnark View Post
    Well, americans, that happens if you have no working health care system.
    Erm. The US has a CFR of 1.8% so far. Italy's at 11.4, Spain's at 8.77%, the UK's at 6.4%, and the list goes on and on.

    What country do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  3. #8363
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Erm. The US has a CFR of 1.8%
    What does cost and freight have to do with the health care system?

  4. #8364
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe the coronavirus scandal will lead to a nuclear war between USA and China.

    Fallout becomes real.
    At least that would mean Europe would't the main field of battle, unlike in the Cold War.
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2020-03-30 at 10:30 PM.
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

    ~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

  5. #8365
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    When you were basing it off of a single data point, as I pointed out from other instances where they were outliers.

    You. Are. Welcome.

    Where did I post doomsday preaching?
    How is it an outlier when daily growth rate has been slowing down in recent days? You chose to ignore that and use an insignificant 600 decline example to illustrate that. How is that not doom-mongering. And you still haven't explained why did you hint that I have an agenda for merely feeling optimism.

  6. #8366
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnark View Post
    What does cost and freight have to do with the health care system?
    What does cost and freight have to do with my post?
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  7. #8367
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What does cost and freight have to do with my post?
    You talked about CFR. That is an abbreviation for cost and freight.

  8. #8368
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnark View Post
    You talked about CFR. That is abbreviation for cost and freight.
    Case fatality rate in this context obviously.

  9. #8369
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamushi View Post
    Case fatality rate in this context obviously.
    Oh that. We are on the start of the pandemic. I think millions will die in america.

  10. #8370
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnark View Post
    You talked about CFR. That is an abbreviation for cost and freight.
    Gee, I guess that means it can't possible be an abbreviation for anything else, then.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  11. #8371
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Imagine thinking one days data was enough to warrant a stance on either side. Please stop trolling the thread with your dramatic non sense
    I'm just saying there is a slowing down of growth rate how is this dramatic? I did not ever suggest that the virus is gone for good. You understand the concept of growth rate? We've had increases of 10k cases previously compared to merely 2k the day before and a 6k decline yesterday. So is it a sin for me to feel optimistic? So it is only right for you to look examples a week ago and not for me to look at the past few days' numbers? I was merely suggesting the growth rate is stabilizing and people call me names and all that nonsense.

  12. #8372
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Gee, I guess that means it can't possible be an abbreviation for anything else, then.
    Well, but only if you apply the GFR on the BLT using the CFFRM.

  13. #8373
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm just saying there is a slowing down of growth rate how is this dramatic? I did not ever suggest that the virus is gone for good. You understand the concept of growth rate? We've had increases of 10k cases previously compared to merely 2k the day before and a 6k decline yesterday. So is it a sin for me to feel optimistic? So it is only right for you to look examples a week ago and not for me to look at the past few days' numbers? I was merely suggesting the growth rate is stabilizing and people call me names and all that nonsense.
    You're welcome to feel optimistic. But you don't need to wag your finger at us negative Nancy's for simply pointing out its still early days. This is a month's issue not a few days
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  14. #8374
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,755
    They hose people in India down with disinfectant. Now I am no expert but most effective disinfectants are bleaches. Chlorine or hydrogen peroxide, neither you want to be doused in either. Hydrogen peroxide can be okay in small doses, these people were likely drenched in a concentrated solution. A lysol cocktail, not want you want to be breathing either. You definitely don't want any in your lungs, the only way they've actually disinfect a sick person.

    So who said it was a good idea to spray people with disinfectant?

    In the middle of writing this I looked up what they sprayed them with. Basically Clorox. That shit is inhumane.

  15. #8375
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're welcome to feel optimistic. But you don't need to wag your finger at us negative Nancy's for simply pointing out its still early days. This is a month's issue not a few days
    There were people who started hurling insults and calling names and escalating things you see. Even one who said my account was newly created and fake (check my post count ffs), started calling me a "Dumb Brit"(I'm not even from there ffs) and suggesting I am a Trumpster for feeling optimistic lmao.

  16. #8376
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    How is it an outlier when daily growth rate has been slowing down in recent days? You chose to ignore that and use an insignificant 600 decline example to illustrate that. How is that not doom-mongering. And you still haven't explained why did you hint that I have an agenda for merely feeling optimism.
    It's been trending upwards, you cited the one day that it dropped, and emphatically chimed in with your shitposting:

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Fuck yeah!The virus is slowly dying down already. The doom preachers are gonna boohoo themselves to sleep woot
    You have yet to provide that evidence I've been asking for over the past several hours. If you don't post it next comment, I think we can all assume this is you admitting your claim was baseless, and you are retracting your claim against me. The apology is optional.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    There were people who started hurling insults and calling names and escalating things you see. Even one who said my account was newly created and fake (check my post count ffs), started calling me a "Dumb Brit"(I'm not even from there ffs) and suggesting I am a Trumpster for feeling optimistic lmao.
    We asked for evidence, and you called me a doomsday preacher (without evidence) as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  17. #8377
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They hose people in India down with disinfectant. Now I am no expert but most effective disinfectants are bleaches. Chlorine or hydrogen peroxide, neither you want to be doused in either. Hydrogen peroxide can be okay in small doses, these people were likely drenched in a concentrated solution. A lysol cocktail, not want you want to be breathing either. You definitely don't want any in your lungs, the only way they've actually disinfect a sick person.

    So who said it was a good idea to spray people with disinfectant?

    In the middle of writing this I looked up what they sprayed them with. Basically Clorox. That shit is inhumane.
    Wouldn't it be more efficient to just shoot them, eh?

  18. #8378
    Interestingly, the US had incomplete reporting from New York yesterday meaning that the number of new cases is actually still increasing day over day according to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/. I was actually wondering if it was slowing down too, but it would seem not, at least in the US.

  19. #8379
    So does (most of) the world hate China now? It kinda seems that way. I personally never had a high opinion of them even before this all started. But now, it's like they're public enemy number one. And if they're not, they should be.

  20. #8380
    Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    25,640
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They hose people in India down with disinfectant. Now I am no expert but most effective disinfectants are bleaches. Chlorine or hydrogen peroxide, neither you want to be doused in either. Hydrogen peroxide can be okay in small doses, these people were likely drenched in a concentrated solution. A lysol cocktail, not want you want to be breathing either. You definitely don't want any in your lungs, the only way they've actually disinfect a sick person.

    So who said it was a good idea to spray people with disinfectant?

    In the middle of writing this I looked up what they sprayed them with. Basically Clorox. That shit is inhumane.
    With how they treat the muslims, this comes as no surprise. They might be a democracy, but they still elected a fascist dickhead[That Trump is now BFFs with]. So expect the same inhumane treatment you see in China.
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •