Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol no new cases in china and only 3k deaths.

sureeeeeeeeeee, and toilet paper will be in stock this week in every store...…

if anyone does not think this country had over tens of thousands of deaths to possible hundreds they are insane.
    I'm waiting to hear from genuine and honest countries on how their death toll is decreasing.

seriously the world needs to come down on that f**king country, but I know it won't, because big business loves it so much.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ugh, May 1st? I was hoping I could go visit my parents before then, especially since my stimulus check will be mailed to their place cause that's where I lived previously last year.
    June 10th here in Virginia.

- - - Updated - - -

if anyone does not think this country had over tens of thousands of deaths to possible hundreds they are insane.
    TP was in stock in every store in my area this week. Not sure why you think it wouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

My area is still having shortages of paper products sporadically, but what I can't find for the life of me is a goddamn bag of flour. Just no flour anywhere, even looking at online vendors with delivery/pickup in my area, and nope. Also, I can't find any hot n' spicy cheezits, and that shit's got me mad.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Interesting article of China's crass manipulations and attempt to spin Xi into the world's great savior.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...tself-the-hero

They're have now been conspiracy theories blaming the US army for purposely infecting China, a US cyclist being patient 0 back during the Military Games last year, and even having the gall to say the virus originated in Italy.
    I figured I should post this at some point, since no one is.
    https://cyber.fsi.stanford.edu/news/...onavirus-convo

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I can only hope that all the supermarket unions use this pandemic as leverage in their next contract negotiations (the same for hospital workers andtruckers). This is a damn fine example of showing just how important their jobs can be at times.
    *laughs in Capitalism* I give you credit, "All" could mean 1 small one or more. But most aren't union, and risk losing their "At will" jobs for "reasons" if they agitate for unionizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

My area is still having shortages of paper products sporadically, but what I can't find for the life of me is a goddamn bag of flour. Just no flour anywhere, even looking at online vendors with delivery/pickup in my area, and nope. Also, I can't find any hot n' spicy cheezits, and that shit's got me mad.
    There is a shortage because bread is being brought up, and everyones making their own, so flours being brought up. You might have to buy it on amazon or ebay at gouged prices, like everyone else is having to do now. Its become a luxury items.
    #boycottchina

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There is a shortage because bread is being brought up, and everyones making their own, so flours being brought up. You might have to buy it on amazon or ebay at gouged prices, like everyone else is having to do now. Its become a luxury items.
    The supermarket near me has restocked on bread, but not on flour. I did have flour from earlier, so I made my own bread, and I am thinking of making more tomorrow night because the bread I made was delicious.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The supermarket near me has restocked on bread, but not on flour. I did have flour from earlier, so I made my own bread, and I am thinking of making more tomorrow night because the bread I made was delicious.
    I bought a bread-maker back around new years, so I've been making bread. But yeast is just as hard to find as flour is.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Oh my...

Yay my hometown made national news for all the wrong reasons!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/opini...ion/index.html
    Tiriel US-Illidan

Signature by Shyama

we just passed 3k deaths now. take that france.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I bought a bread-maker back around new years, so I've been making bread. But yeast is just as hard to find as flour is.
    Yeast is extremely rare, yes. A co-worker of mine said he went to four stores looking for it. I had a nice stockpile of all that sort of stuff from the days before everyone went crazy.

Not like a hoarding level stockpile, just like 12 packets of yeast. Enough to make bread 6 times, which will be fine.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    *laughs in Capitalism* I give you credit, "All" could mean 1 small one or more. But most aren't union, and risk losing their "At will" jobs for "reasons" if they agitate for unionizing.
    This gives them a ton of power, I hope they use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

had that same issue. again, might have to look online for fast acting yeast, which is priced high.

You might be able to make soda bread, if you can get full fat milk and some vinegar or lemons to make buttermilk. of course your need wholemeal flour though..
    #boycottchina

had that same issue. again, might have to look online for fast acting yeast, which is priced high.

You might be able to make soda bread, if you can get full fat milk and some vinegar or lemons to make buttermilk. of course your need wholemeal flour though..
    I mean, I have been looking for a reason to get back into keto, so maybe this is a sign :P
    Oh my...

@Stelio Kontos You might look at seeing if you can get a small mill for making your own flour at home, if you can get grain. If I recall, my father got into that a while back. Look into it now though, remember what happened with bidets. As they became an alternative to TP, the prices went up and they got harder to get.

For yeast, consider sour dough.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

You could leave a small piece of leavened dough from the last baking uncooked in order to use it as a source of yeast.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    we just passed 3k deaths now.
    I just saw that. I hate Cntrl-R.

No-one is above the law.

My hot take: China had at the very least 10x cases and 5-10x deaths. They didnt report them as they were very mild or acted too quickly on the poor body of the host
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @Stelio Kontos You might look at seeing if you can get a small mill for making your own flour at home, if you can get grain. If I recall, my father got into that a while back. Look into it now though, remember what happened with bidets. As they became an alternative to TP, the prices went up and they got harder to get.

Yeah, I been thinking about that. Grinding grain.

Also, is it just the Anglosphere who's had to deal with the assholes panic-buying everything? I've only heard stories from the US, Australia, Canada, and the UK about idiots buying way more items than they need.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    My hot take: China had at the very least 10x cases and 5-10x deaths. They didnt report them as they were very mild or acted too quickly on the poor body of the host
    those videos showing chinese citizens out and about with masks still on claiming its over now.. yeah not buying that bullshit, its so f**king staged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/simple-soda-bread

500g wholemeal flour
    2 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary (optional)
    400ml whole milk
    1 lemon, juiced
    2 tsp honey

Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the flour, salt and bicarb in a bowl. And if you’d like rosemary bread, add the chopped rosemary too.

Mix together the milk and lemon juice in a jug, and wait for a minute as it magically turns into buttermilk. Then stir in the honey, and simply pour it into the flour mixture. Stir it with a knife for a minute until the whole thing comes together into a sticky dough.

Tip onto a floured work surface and shape it into a ball.

Put the ball on a floured baking tray and, using a sharp knife, make a deep cross on top.

Put in the oven and bake for 40 mins.

Cool on a wire rack until warm, then slice and serve.
    #boycottchina