1. #8481
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Being optimistic is one thing. Being an imbecile is another. You were singing the same song yesterday yet the US had 20k confirmed cases at the end of the day.
    Are you an idiot? How many times must I emphasize the concept of growth rate? Didn't you read my previous posts? 1k increase in new cases recently versus 8-10k spikes every day in previous weeks. The growth factor in recent days have been consistently and extremely near to 1. How is that not stabilization? And not an improvement? But noooo, tards like you have the mental capacity to look at absolute numbers only.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-31 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

  2. #8482
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think a lot of people saw this coming.

    The WSJ reports that China is choosing not to report people who are positive, if they are not symptomatic. Making their numbers completely false.

    They promise they're going to start doing that, any day now.
    I think the most disturbing thing about China (long list) is that the raw data they have could save countless lives if they were reporting them accurately. Their doctors were allowed a lot of things we can't do in the west not to mention firsthand account of the virus, it's just a treasure trove of information that is being lost/hidden.

  3. #8483
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Feel free to repeat your baseless claims all you like, it's not like you can actually back them up. At no point was I doomsday preaching, and I gladly backed up my claims.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I said you had an agenda, try and keep up.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly when was I "doomsaying?" The other poster said the same bullshit,and couldn't actually back it up.
    I said you are a doommonger because of your extreme pessimistic outlook. I've repeated that about 10 times already. Too hard to understand? I can't help you if you have Down's. And what you do mean i have an agenda? Where's your evidence and explanation. You love using the word" evidence" to hide your stupidity and ignorance. Fine let's play by that. Let's keep going. I have my popcorns ready. Ok where were we? Ok where's your evidence?
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-31 at 01:08 PM.

  4. #8484
    I am Murloc! shadowmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dongbei, PRC ... for now
    Posts
    5,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang
    25 kg minimum... but I abstained due to lack of proper storage space.
    Did I mention *severe* cheese envy!
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

    Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

  5. #8485
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you an idiot? How many times must I emphasize the concept of growth rate? Didn't you read my previous posts? 1k increase in new cases recently versus 8-10k spikes every day in previous weeks. The growth factor in recent days have been consistently and extremely near to 1. How is that not stabilization? And not an improvement? But noooo, tards like you have the mental capacity to look at absolute numbers only.
    Show me the growth rate chart for the US

  6. #8486
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I said you are a doommonger because of your extreme pessimistic outlook. I've repeated that about 10 times already. Too hard to understand? I can't help you if you have Down's. And what you do mean i have an agenda? Where's your evidence and explanation. You love using the word" evidence" to hide your stupidity and ignorance. Fine let's play by that. Let's keep going. I have my popcorns ready. Ok where were we? Ok where's your evidence?
    Evidence, please. You never showed where I'm being pessimistic... that's the entire point. Making the same baseless claim multiple times doesn't make it true. You can keep swearing 2+2=5, but that still doesn't actually make you right. It's clear youa re getting upset by all of this, maybe you should take a break... and look for that evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  7. #8487
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    The reason being that the CDC, or whatever organisation in the US is responsible for publishing the numbers, like every other organisation responsible for Covid-19-Data, publishes only after all testing in a certain timeframe has been done. If you know how exponential growth works you wouldnt call us doomsayers. The US has some bad times incoming. If you're interested I'll model the data for the US (I'm currently doing some webscraping with the Austrian data to calculate different epidemiologic prognostic models) and give you some idea how bad it's gonna get. And unless the US is doing representative sampling, you'll never know if the curve of positive test correlates with the actual number of cases. It could be that you're undertesting in some regions and that pushes numbers below the actual value.

  8. #8488
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Show me the growth rate chart for the US
    There is no singular chart of the Us but the increase rate in new cases have been declining. Again I emphasize increase rate in new cases since you seem to have problems understanding my point. A growth factor of 1 or near it means we are near to stabilization. But there is a chart for total cases outside China. See the flattening here? If it's out of hand it wouldn't be so flat. The flattening at least signals things are being stabilized


  9. #8489
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you an idiot? How many times must I emphasize the concept of growth rate? Didn't you read my previous posts? 1k increase in new cases recently versus 8-10k spikes every day in previous weeks. The growth factor in recent days have been consistently and extremely near to 1. How is that not stabilization? And not an improvement? But noooo, tards like you have the mental capacity to look at absolute numbers only.
    Ehhhhmmm. Just to prove you wrong dear Sir:



    Source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Click US then bottom right corner you'll see the curve
    Last edited by Bloodwolf; 2020-03-31 at 01:40 PM. Reason: forgot source

  10. #8490
    I am Murloc! shadowmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dongbei, PRC ... for now
    Posts
    5,794
    @Stelio Kontos Well, looks like you aren't alone on the bread front: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/31/o...hua/index.html
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

    Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

  11. #8491
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    Ehhhhmmm. Just to prove you wrong dear Sir:



    Source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Click US then bottom right corner you'll see the curve
    I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control

  12. #8492
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    The US it not over the hump.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

  13. #8493
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Evidence, please. You never showed where I'm being pessimistic... that's the entire point. Making the same baseless claim multiple times doesn't make it true. You can keep swearing 2+2=5, but that still doesn't actually make you right. It's clear youa re getting upset by all of this, maybe you should take a break... and look for that evidence.
    I gave you concrete examples to prove my point that things are being stabilized. You shrugged it off and insist on using a 500 decline example to illustrate against my example of a decline of 7k cases. If that isn't deliberate pessimism I don't know what is mate. Now where's your evidence that I had an agenda for just explaining my optimism? Let's keep at it.

  14. #8494
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    There is no singular chart of the Us but rant rant

    Oh so that isn't the chart for the US? Interesting... because all your posts are talking about the US.

    How about you shove all those claims you made into your rear whence they came and rid this thread of your bullshit ?
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-03-31 at 01:53 PM.

  15. #8495
    Scarab Lord Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    What is with all these people claiming to be in the US, but clearly in a European time zone? It isn't even 7 am in California, how is that halfway through the day? The government day jobs that compile these results won't even get to work for another 2 hours on the west coast.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

  16. #8496
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I gave you concrete examples to prove my point that things are being stabilized. You shrugged it off and insist on using a 500 decline example to illustrate against my example of a decline of 7k cases. If that isn't deliberate pessimism I don't know what is mate. Now where's your evidence that I had an agenda for just explaining my optimism? Let's keep at it.
    Except, I'm not being pessimistic, which is why I want you to provide evidence of my "doomsday preaching."

    You haven't shown a single quote, you've simply elected to make shit up.

    Apparently, you don't know what it is... thanks for admitting it. Your agenda is clear, you keep calling everyone doomsday preachers, do you want all the quotes of you doing it? Very well, I expect all your quotes of me being pessimistic. I'll hold my breath:

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Must i repeat myself ffs? I'd explained to you my reasons for being more optimistic but you continually harp on that particular example and refuse to acknowledge my point and mocked me on my outlook. So I said you are a doompreacher who dislikes optimism. Clear enough already at this point? Nothing much i can do if you keep dodging and wanting me to explain myself over and over. I have to sleep have to work no time for merry go round poor me

    Now still waiting on your apology for that agenda BS mate
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Keep at it doom-preacher. I'm still waiting for your apology.


    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    How is it an outlier when daily growth rate has been slowing down in recent days? You chose to ignore that and use an insignificant 600 decline example to illustrate that. How is that not doom-mongering. And you still haven't explained why did you hint that I have an agenda for merely feeling optimism.

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Just quote my post where I was posting unrealistic expectations ey? It's all doom or broke for you ey? No room for middle room. Optimism not allowed. "Fuck if you're feeling optimism you're a trumpster" LMAO fml. And you doom mongers were the ones to resort to name callings first get that straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you that dense? Didn't you see the 13% decline in new cases yesterday and the decreasing rate of growth in new cases in the few days prior to yesterday? But no," the papers say that doomsday is coming so it must be true" CNN and Daily mail suit sheeps like you


    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Mr Doomsday, you preached that an 8k(15%) drop in new cases is incomparable to a 500 case decline and shot me down for being optimistic. Come on don't be shy and stop dodging.

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Once again ffs. You jumped on me for being optimistic based on a(8k), 15% drop in new cases and had to use a pathetic previous example of 500 cases to shoot me down. Isn't that nitpicking doomsday preaching BS? Then you had the audacity to accuse me of having an agenda for merely being optimistic based on latest figures. Fuck man, aren't you one sad and miserable sob mate. You should go out and get some sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Stop exaggerating things when i am basing data because on half a day's figures and cases aren't even half of the previous day's. I swear you guys are so miserly you would not tolerate any form of optimism in others. All daily mail lovers i reckon lmao. No wonder the papers are all going doom and gloom mode everyday because panic selling works on people like you. Time to hoard the toilet rolls!
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So who's the one hinting at people with agenda first here? Stop dodging. As for doomsday,well it is all doom and gloom for you isn't it. I guess we are never allowed to be optimistic and be wary of another Dino-Killing Asteroid hitting us because there is a precedent. What precautions do you suggest we take? Hide under a shelter or something?There is a precedent after all. And even when this virus dies down. Due to countless other cases of pandemics in the past we should say our prayers everyday. We should be cautious because there is always a chance of us getting struck by lightning and run over by a car.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Agreed. Let's make it 1 month in one week's time, and 1 year in 1 month's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm not agreeing with your doomsday preaching. I'm just tired of going rounds in circles with you as i see there's no point in convincing you

    - - - Updated - - -



    Talk about baseless accusation when you are the one accusing me of having an agenda just because I'm feeling optimistic looking at declining numbers. Fuck man. What a miserly hypocrite you are

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Nothing wrong with what I've said when there is a noticeable and substantial decline observed yesterday and today. I'd bet you'll say wait another year in one week's time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Feel free to point out anything wrong with that statement. Do you work for the papers or something? So sad about the decline? Fucking hell man, doom preachers like your kind always wish ill upon the others and feel angry when things are improving. Wtf is with your mentality


    Yep, there you are, trying to muddy the waters by building straw men, and shitpost your way out of it.

    Now, where's your evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  17. #8497
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control
    No. I have the mental capacity to interpret the curve of a gradient. Since I'm a veterinarian working in the field of population genetics and population ecology I'm trained enough in epidemiology, so don't treat me like an imbecile.

  18. #8498
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    What is with all these people claiming to be in the US, but clearly in a European time zone? It isn't even 7 am in California, how is that halfway through the day? The government day jobs that compile these results won't even get to work for another 2 hours on the west coast.
    This is site has sadly been invested by bad faith posters for quite some time, claiming to be one or the other. I find most of them rather transparent after reading or even responding to their posts shortly, but some people really devote far too much time to it.

    On the other hand forum moderators are rather understaffed so that's also a reason why these keep coming here, that and a very outdated forum software wise.

  19. #8499
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control
    The growth rate as to do more than stabilize for this to be under control. If we keep hitting 10k a week, that is still bad news for our healthcare limits and economy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  20. #8500
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I gave you concrete examples to prove my point that things are being stabilized. You shrugged it off and insist on using a 500 decline example to illustrate against my example of a decline of 7k cases. If that isn't deliberate pessimism I don't know what is mate. Now where's your evidence that I had an agenda for just explaining my optimism? Let's keep at it.
    How are things being stabilized if each day we have higher numbers....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •