Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Feel free to repeat your baseless claims all you like, it's not like you can actually back them up. At no point was I doomsday preaching, and I gladly backed up my claims.

- - - Updated - - -

I said you had an agenda, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly when was I "doomsaying?" The other poster said the same bullshit,and couldn't actually back it up.
    I know, I'm sorry I couldnt resist ;p

Seems some people are mistaking "willful ignorance in the face of evidence to the contrary" for "optimism". Just ignore them. If they refuse to live in reality that's their problem and they will either face the cold, harsh truth in the coming month(s) or they'll just continue spouting nonsense here. They've chosen their path.

Meanwhile, more people calling out sick where I work and we've had higher volumes than we've had in ages, which means all of us who still have to come in are compromising our immune systems by being overworked. Hope everyone in the Netherlands is enjoying their Postcode/BankGiro Lotterij letters they just immediately throw in the trash/recycling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So we are 2,5 weeks into lockdown here in Poland and they made restrictions even harsher (not to mention pretty pointless)....i can see some people go bonkers any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I think we are finally over the hump.
    Dunno if serious or not, but right now the epicenters are relatively-speaking healthier and younger populations (NY, WA, CA).

Hold on to your butts when the incubation period in Florida and other southern states ticks over to people showing symptoms.

Followed by the Rustbelt and retirement states like Nevada.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    The Olympics was postponed until next year, and that is great, but there is actually an even bigger event in July-August time frame that I haven't seen any discussion of canceling. The Hajj.

I honestly have no idea if it is even possible to cancel it, I assume Saudi Arabia would be the ones to work on that, but that is a political minefield for them. It has the potential to be extremely dangerous though, as it will include about 2 million people from hundreds of countries. During parts of the pilgrimage, they all pack in extremely close to each other, in the largest crowds on the planet.

By July, I don't know how consequential this spread could be, but it could certainly explode the numbers in places like Indonesia and Pakistan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    thankfully I've never had to be taken anywhere in an ambulance and I hope that never happens but yes, they are a couple thousand dollars and I'm honestly not sure if insurance even covers them anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. A teen in L.A. just recently died of covid because he didn't have insurance and they turned him away so yeah, if they'll do that to a teen they'll definitely do that to an adult too
    That story is bullshit.

1. The teen was turned away from an urgent care because he was suffering a life threatening ailment... Urgent cares are not emergency rooms, they are not equipped for emergency medicine, so of course they turn you away.

2. The teen died of a heart attack. He was described as perfectly healthy mere days before. COVID-19 doesn't kill you in the span of a few days, nor does it cause heart attacks. He merely tested positive for the virus, there was no indication it killed him, in fact given the description of him by people close to him that he was 'perfectly healthy' mere days before, there was every indication the virus had little to do with his death.

3. He would have died even if the urgent care tried to help him because urgent cares handle heart attacks the same your general practitioner's office handle heart attacks... They call 911 and wait for an ambulance to come pick you up and take you to an emergency room. If anything he would have been even more fucked because he would have been lying at the urgent care waiting for an ambulance, taking even longer before receiving treatment... He died en route to a hospital because the urgent care didn't just 'turn him away', they told him to go to an emergency room, which he was doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people saw this coming.

The WSJ reports that China is choosing not to report people who are positive, if they are not symptomatic. Making their numbers completely false.

They promise they're going to start doing that, any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Being optimistic is one thing. Being an imbecile is another. You were singing the same song yesterday yet the US had 20k confirmed cases at the end of the day.
    Are you an idiot? How many times must I emphasize the concept of growth rate? Didn't you read my previous posts? 1k increase in new cases recently versus 8-10k spikes every day in previous weeks. The growth factor in recent days have been consistently and extremely near to 1. How is that not stabilization? And not an improvement? But noooo, tards like you have the mental capacity to look at absolute numbers only.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-31 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think a lot of people saw this coming.

The WSJ reports that China is choosing not to report people who are positive, if they are not symptomatic. Making their numbers completely false.

They promise they're going to start doing that, any day now.
    I think the most disturbing thing about China (long list) is that the raw data they have could save countless lives if they were reporting them accurately. Their doctors were allowed a lot of things we can't do in the west not to mention firsthand account of the virus, it's just a treasure trove of information that is being lost/hidden.

Feel free to repeat your baseless claims all you like, it's not like you can actually back them up. At no point was I doomsday preaching, and I gladly backed up my claims.

- - - Updated - - -

I said you had an agenda, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly when was I "doomsaying?" The other poster said the same bullshit,and couldn't actually back it up.
    I said you are a doommonger because of your extreme pessimistic outlook. I've repeated that about 10 times already. Too hard to understand? I can't help you if you have Down's. And what you do mean i have an agenda? Where's your evidence and explanation. You love using the word" evidence" to hide your stupidity and ignorance. Fine let's play by that. Let's keep going. I have my popcorns ready. Ok where were we? Ok where's your evidence?
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-31 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang
    25 kg minimum... but I abstained due to lack of proper storage space.
    Did I mention *severe* cheese envy!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you an idiot? How many times must I emphasize the concept of growth rate? Didn't you read my previous posts? 1k increase in new cases recently versus 8-10k spikes every day in previous weeks. The growth factor in recent days have been consistently and extremely near to 1. How is that not stabilization? And not an improvement? But noooo, tards like you have the mental capacity to look at absolute numbers only.
    Show me the growth rate chart for the US

I said you are a doommonger because of your extreme pessimistic outlook. I've repeated that about 10 times already. Too hard to understand? I can't help you if you have Down's. And what you do mean i have an agenda? Where's your evidence and explanation. You love using the word" evidence" to hide your stupidity and ignorance. Fine let's play by that. Let's keep going. I have my popcorns ready. Ok where were we? Ok where's your evidence?
    Evidence, please. You never showed where I'm being pessimistic... that's the entire point. Making the same baseless claim multiple times doesn't make it true. You can keep swearing 2+2=5, but that still doesn't actually make you right. It's clear youa re getting upset by all of this, maybe you should take a break... and look for that evidence.

Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    The reason being that the CDC, or whatever organisation in the US is responsible for publishing the numbers, like every other organisation responsible for Covid-19-Data, publishes only after all testing in a certain timeframe has been done. If you know how exponential growth works you wouldnt call us doomsayers. The US has some bad times incoming. If you're interested I'll model the data for the US (I'm currently doing some webscraping with the Austrian data to calculate different epidemiologic prognostic models) and give you some idea how bad it's gonna get. And unless the US is doing representative sampling, you'll never know if the curve of positive test correlates with the actual number of cases. It could be that you're undertesting in some regions and that pushes numbers below the actual value.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Show me the growth rate chart for the US
    There is no singular chart of the Us but the increase rate in new cases have been declining. Again I emphasize increase rate in new cases since you seem to have problems understanding my point. A growth factor of 1 or near it means we are near to stabilization. But there is a chart for total cases outside China. See the flattening here? If it's out of hand it wouldn't be so flat. The flattening at least signals things are being stabilized

Ehhhhmmm. Just to prove you wrong dear Sir:

Source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Click US then bottom right corner you'll see the curve
    Last edited by Bloodwolf; 2020-03-31 at 01:40 PM. Reason: forgot source

10+ Year Old Account
    @Stelio Kontos Well, looks like you aren't alone on the bread front: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/31/o...hua/index.html
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    Ehhhhmmm. Just to prove you wrong dear Sir:

Source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Click US then bottom right corner you'll see the curve
    I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control

Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    The US it not over the hump.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Evidence, please. You never showed where I'm being pessimistic... that's the entire point. Making the same baseless claim multiple times doesn't make it true. You can keep swearing 2+2=5, but that still doesn't actually make you right. It's clear youa re getting upset by all of this, maybe you should take a break... and look for that evidence.
    I gave you concrete examples to prove my point that things are being stabilized. You shrugged it off and insist on using a 500 decline example to illustrate against my example of a decline of 7k cases. If that isn't deliberate pessimism I don't know what is mate. Now where's your evidence that I had an agenda for just explaining my optimism? Let's keep at it.