Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Makes sense, many are cooped up in their homes, nerves are a bit frayed.
    Even my body starts to react, although it expresses it in an uncontrollable desire to sleep half the day.
    As someone with anxiety, trust me, I have had a few moments myself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Among other things, closed borders will mean an acute lack of farmhands in many European countries...
    Yeah, it has been a point of discussion in Germany for a few weeks already - we have many farmhands from Poland and Romania who are no longer helping with the harvest. I see food shortage coming our way soon, it's gonna be a killer for small time farmers...

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Still, you can criticize without being insulting. Ultimately, the biggest victims of the CCP and Chinese system are the Chinese people. The Chinese leadership deserves all the criticism they get, but leave the folks out of this.
    Up to a certain extent to be honest. There are certain aspects that can and definitely be blamed on the CCP, however not everything is on them.
    We can't attribute all the sins of people to the people in control an absolve em of it just cause of it.
    There are people like this that exist.

Oddly fittingly story segment in FFXIV Shadowbringers with one of the main antagonist, Vauthry. A powerful person with the power to control sin eaters (main enemy) and influence people around him. Making a paradise for those whom he deems fit and making those that he doesn't like 'disappear'. However when Vauthry fells the people were shown the truth of it all and some tried to weasel their way out of responsibility. Alphinaud noted that even though he was powerful, he wasn't able to completely control every action of the people. Part of the responsibility lies on them for their actions.
    This is basically fitting for many authoritarian country and their citizens when people try to absolve or attribute their sins to the person/people in power.

The CCP didn't make people do this for example.
    https://twitter.com/liqunchen/status...09967651819520
    or suggest to sabotage medical equipment
    http://archive.is/C9hsS
    or celebrating the amount of infected in the US or Japan's infections.
    https://tw.news.yahoo.com/%E6%89%AF-...100708194.html
    This is aside from the massive amount of racism/xenophobia shown within china.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ftZdHnHBHo

Even with that all said, there are decent people there. Those that try to leak information, video, and even those above cases whistle blowing stuff that could be catastrophic for everyone are good examples. However this blanket chinese people are fine the CCP isn't is not doing any good. The government needs to change, but the people also do too. Yes, propaganda is hell of a thing, but you still have to follow it. They can't keep being the victim of something, whether it's internal or external.

Before people inevitably point out the problems towards asians outside of asia, yeah I know, it's a problem, we can deal with both.

Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Not sure why you replied to me, when I was talking about Rutte only?
    Oops - sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Among other things, closed borders will mean an acute lack of farmhands in many European countries...
    But you don't need much education for being a farmhand, right?

And people expect high unemployment - in particular in service industries.

I believe I see a solution.

Seems this thread cannot keep itself from falling into the same roundabout "discussion" about China and CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    edge edge edge
    Dude, are you feeling well?

Speaking of food. The article is a bit old but now UN agencies are warning of a potential food crisis...

China’s farmers fear food shortages after coronavirus restrictions

I am in favour of using those who have been unemployment for a long time in the agriculture and other sectors. Sadly some believe this to be discriminating the unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster
    My bad, the way you worded it as well as the previous post with the sheep made me suspicious.
    No problem, I can see now how you might have read it that way and tried to edit to reflect my intent to comment on stereotypes as dumb -- not Greeks.

@Skulltaker Right, while I love Black Forest ham, I'm of an age that grew up concerned about trichinosis and thought twice about it the first time I tried it. Now, dormouse anyone?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Seems this thread cannot keep itself from falling into the same roundabout "discussion" about China and CCP.

Dude, are you feeling well?
    Great reply and retort, I'll mark it for future historians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I am in favour of using those who have been unemployment for a long time in the agriculture and other sectors. Sadly some believe this to be discriminating the unemployed.
    If they pay, I don't see why people wouldn't jump at the opportunity. Having money is better than having no money.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Trump just created a new law.
    Whoever has the virus, go to jail, not hospital.

This helped a lot.
    Source? Because Trump could never pass a law like that on his own.

If they pay, I don't see why people wouldn't jump at the opportunity. Having money is better than having no money.
    The problem in Germany is, that you have enough money to survive even w/o a job.
    Working minimum wage barely gets the people more than the would get from welfare, at the expense of all the hassle and restrictions that having a job brings.

So a lot of people aren't eager to get minimum wage jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The problem in Germany is, that you have enough money to survive even w/o a job.
    Working minimum wage barely gets the people more than the would get from welfare, at the expense of all the hassle and restrictions that having a job brings.

So a lot of people aren't eager to get minimum wage jobs.
    So the idea actually is, if you refuse on not valid grounds you stand to lose your unemployment. I am however speaking of long term.

People also dislike working as fruitpicker as you generally get paid not hourly but by quantity, at least that was the way when i was younger more than a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Source? Because Trump could never pass a law like that on his own.
    ….It was a pretty obviously joke. Not least because of the reason you listed.

----------------

With all of the sunny weather my hayfever is starting to kick in, so I'm sure I'll be getting some dirty looks at work the rest of the week. If I start having my coughing/sneezing fits I think I'm going to have to stay home until they subside just to avoid panicking my coworkers.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-04-01 at 11:56 AM.

Portugal current situation:
    59457 suspected cases
    20275 cases under authorities vigilance
    4957 waiting for lab result
    8251 confirmed cases
    808 cases in the last 24h (minus 227 then yeasterday)
    187 deaths
    27 deaths in the last 24h
    726 at hospital
    230 in ICU

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/wp-cont...04/i026123.pdf

EDIT:
    Remember its fool's day, none of this oficial data can be trusted. Happy fool's day to everyone.
    Sorry i had to make the joke.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2020-04-01 at 12:20 PM.

Great reply and retort, I'll mark it for future historians.
    Please do, because it is hard to see calling for execution of a bunch of people on internet as anything other than edgy.
    Also, executions do not prevent anything.

My point is that Rutte didn't have armchair experts like me, he had established people telling him to contain this thing, yet he chose not to at first. Like I said in my post, he did the right thing a week too late. I'm not completely clueless btw, I'm a MSc who knows a thing or two about plant cell morphology and physiology, and viruses are a pretty interesting topic of conversation. Yet even the biggest idiot knows that fast containment is the only thing that works, plus everything concerning RNA viruses in the past has been well documented to prevent bad decisions.

Despite all that, bad decisions were made to preserve momentary currency flow.
    He chose not to? You really need to stop making stuff up. So far it looks that the measures taken have been working, but it is still way too early to tell. A so called lock down a week earlier would still have lead to the amount of infections/deaths. Belgium went into a lockdown, yet they surpassed us at the amount of infections. Which also demonstrates that numbers don't mean anything and people should stop comparing. I know in hindsight everything is easy to judge, especially on a gaming forum where all the experts seem to be hanging out.

I want to keep beating on the dead horse.

Finland: new cases decreasing for five days in a row. Zero deaths today.

Sweden: new cases increasing every day. 59 new deaths.

So yeah, Sweden, you are handling it FUCKING GREAT.

Mostly aimed this venting at the Swedish posters here defending the idiocy their country is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I want to keep beating on the dead horse.

Finland: new cases decreasing for five days in a row. Zero deaths today.

Sweden: new cases increasing every day. 59 new deaths.

So yeah, Sweden, you are handling it FUCKING GREAT.

Mostly aimed this venting at the Swedish posters here defending the idiocy their country is doing.
    Lol! I think a lot of posters come here to vent. And it only disturbs those who care what the opinions of others is. Other wise, it is a way I suppose for some to feel good.

And good to hear your country to doing well with the virus. Hope you continue to do so.

Meanwhile, your big neighbor is sending a plane load of stuff to help us here in the US with this pandemic. Which is good and I for one, am thankful for any help.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    First off, sheep? Pray tell what're you implying with that?

Second, his phrasing wasn't how it should be said, but there is very valid room for criticism of wet markets and bush meat consumption in China and other parts of Asia.
    You really believe this virus originated from eating a bat/rat or who knows what else???

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Meanwhile, your big neighbor is sending a plane load of stuff to help us here in the US with this pandemic. Which is good and I for one, am thankful for any help.
    They probably just sent the doctor who shook Putin's hand.

i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They probably just sent the doctor who shook Putin's hand.

Lol! Well, it is understandable you feel that way about a big neighbor your country has had to deal with up close and personally.

And handshaking is not going away. One can safely handshake if one does not touch their face afterwards until they can wash their hands. People need to stop picking their noses so much. :P
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams