I was just told that all educators in Beijing won't work the month of March. One teacher's school stopped their English program, she got told last week..right after cny! Another friend is getting 150 a day plus apt rent. This is most likely due to China's lessening economy plus the virus situation. I figure if i get canned, i'll go back home and spend time with family/relatives/friends until july. Then move to Japan *hopefully the situation will be better by then*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/02/27...vatives-china/

how is it going in china with the virus?
    China has been showing a greatly reduced number of cases with the number of recoveries on the rise. Things are still strict but the number of overall cases is much lower. I can't speak for the rest of China but Beijing is doing well. Almost no new cases, save one here or there. *I think Chaoyang had 1 more recently*
    Today there were 329 new confirmed with 3626 recoveries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200228002854320

South Korea's confirmed cases of the new coronavirus approached 2,400 on Friday as the nation worked to aggressively counter the fast-spreading virus with extensive testing. Health authorities renewed calls for citizens to keep away from others and avoid mass gatherings such as religious services over the weekend.

The 571 new cases -- the sharpest daily spike yet, outnumbering 327 new cases reported in China earlier in the day -- brought the nation's total infections to 2,337, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). Only two days ago, the number of infections had just exceeded 1,000.
    2400...the number is going up by 100s every other day it seems.

I retch at all the ostrich behavior by the people in my country.

Really seems like people have been safe for too long, and now they sit back, take it for granted and just tell themselves it will all fix itself. Whatever happened to "better safe than sorry."?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    We had a couple posters here literally call this a 'nothingburger', and r/sino was filled with posts decrying this as a racist libel against Xi's China.

I mean, I expect it at r/sino, since it's basically used for propaganda.

Here we go:
    Yeah, sorry, but that is a shitpost. Jehct is being sarcastic.

Example: It's not a big deal, bro. Do you know how many countries are quarantined because of the flu every year? Just wash your hands and take vitamin C pills and it'll be alright, bro.

It's a mocking way to impersonate people trying to minimize the situation. But yes, some people do unironically say stuff like that.

Second case in Diemen(*). A nurse. Guy in the south celebrated Carnaval, expect far more infectees.

*Diemen is near Amsterdam.
    Last edited by Fuiking; 2020-02-28 at 03:38 PM.

We had a couple posters here literally call this a 'nothingburger', and r/sino was filled with posts decrying this as a racist libel against Xi's China.

Here we go:
    I guess the sarcasm went way over your head. ITS JUST A FLU BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Example: It's not a big deal, bro. Do you know how many countries are quarantined because of the flu every year? Just wash your hands and take vitamin C pills and it'll be alright, bro.

It's a mocking way to impersonate people trying to minimize the situation. But yes, some people do unironically say stuff like that.
    Hit that nail pretty hard there bruh. I liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon
    how is it going in china with the virus?
    Things seem to be slowly settling down. At least in Beijing it seems people are cautious but things are being slowly worked out around the virus. For example, more restaurants seem to be open for delivery now, even if the restaurant isn't open to the public. Muajin76's figures sound about like what I hear.
    @Muajin76 At least some university classes are now online. I just did a class on Thursday.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hit that nail pretty hard there bruh. I liked it.
    Can't help it. The Kung Flu has me coofin all kinds of sarcastic remarks all over the place.

I work in senior housing industry and I am honestly worried about the possibility of a caregiver getting the virus and unknowingly spreading it among the senior community. It would be devastating since seniors are disproportionately in danger of death from this virus and the virus spreads so easily. I really hope senior living providers prepare for the worst with best practices and protocols.

Can't help it. The Kung Flu has me coofin all kinds of sarcastic remarks all over the place.
    Ah yes. We are all being good little boys and girls until we are prep'd for the coof camps.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Maybe I was being dense, lol, sometimes it's hard to tell on the internet.

But r/sino is no joke on that, those folks were spinning so much I was worried they'd fall down.
    Sometimes it helps to read on a bit in a thread before responding (especially on the same damn page), but yes, sarcasm can be hard to discern on the interwebs sometimes, and since people say idiotic stuff like that and mean it sometimes, it can be hard to detect it when it's sarcastic.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this does actually get out of control, im wondering if were actually gonna hold china responsible for this. Like yeah it was probably an accident, but crashing the worlds economy is a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If this does actually get out or control, im wondering if were actually gonna hold china responsible for this. Like yeah it was probably an accident, but crashing the worlds economy is a huge deal
    China's never held accountable, because of trade. They literally get away with ethnic cleansing and concentration camps, slaughtering political prisoners, and lots of other things. As long as they think China is important for business, they can't be touched.

15+ Year Old Account
    China's never held accountable, because of trade. They literally get away with ethnic cleansing and concentration camps, slaughtering political prisoners, and lots of other things. As long as they think China is important for business, they can't be touched.
    Concentration camps are fine, but once money gets involved i dont think other governments will like it

Sometimes it helps to read on a bit in a thread before responding (especially on the same damn page), but yes, sarcasm can be hard to discern on the interwebs sometimes, and since people say idiotic stuff like that and mean it sometimes, it can be hard to detect it when it's sarcastic.
    All good my bro! Get a mask! better safe than sorry! <3

If this does actually get out of control, im wondering if were actually gonna hold china responsible for this. Like yeah it was probably an accident, but crashing the worlds economy is a huge deal
    The WHO has been fellating China since this started and countries seem hesitant to even do much, so.. I doubt it.

The WHO has been fellating China since this started and countries seem hesitant to even do much, so.. I doubt it.
    They have been sucking that dick so dry it coughs out dust. "We all need to take a look at China and marvel at how well they are handling everything and how honest they are"

COOF CAMP TIME

Concentration camps are fine, but once money gets involved i dont think other governments will like it
    Pet shops=concentration camps for animals!!!
    stop the violence against animals. T.T

Hitting New Zealand and Nigeria now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh..Oregon confirms first case of coronavirus, third case with unknown origin

The hits keep coming.

https://politicalwire.com/2020/02/28...rus-is-a-hoax/
    Now..just when you thought this man couldn't get any dumber on what he says. Now he says it's a hoax!! His supporters believe this shit!
    Apparently it's the Democrats *new hoax*

I swear if this man better not get re-elected T.T
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-02-29 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    https://politicalwire.com/2020/02/28...rus-is-a-hoax/
    Now..just when you thought this man couldn't get any dumber on what he says. Now he says it's a hoax!! His supporters believe this shit!
    Meanwhile millions of Americans still want this guy to be president for another 4 years.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh