Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    China currently has 37,000 ish active cases and 39,000 ish recovered.
    That is crazy!!

- - - Updated - - -

You guys now have a daily increase a bit over China's daily increase.
    Its propaganda. Numbers in China are much higher.

In other news:

I mean, its not a "nothing burger" but the way you're all going on about it you'd think the reported cases would be in the millions already. Find it so weird to come back to this thread and have people decrying "another few hundred cases confirmed". I'm no seer but I'd have thought it would have to be factors more dangerous for it to come close to "top killer of 2019".

Its like in the 80s when we were all gonna die of AIDS or the 90s when we were all gonna die of mad cow disease. At this stage if anyone is to blame for the lack of "giving a shit" over this latest pandemic its the media for being such dishonest bits of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

I mean, its not a "nothing burger" but the way you're all going on about it you'd think the reported cases would be in the millions already. Find it so weird to come back to this thread and have people decrying "another few hundred cases confirmed". I'm no seer but I'd have thought it would have to be factors more dangerous for it to come close to "top killer of 2019".

Its like in the 80s when we were all gonna die of AIDS or the 90s when we were all gonna die of mad cow disease. At this stage if anyone is to blame for the lack of "giving a shit" over this latest pandemic its the media for being such dishonest bits of shit
    But that's because it is heavily contained. Containment isn't perfect, but people are trying. Virus is contagious and takes a while to show symptoms, without containment it would already be millions of infected. I think worst is yet to come because, unlike China, west is not prepared to properly contain thousands of people and sacrifice economy for well being of people.

But yes, news do blow things out of proportion. That's what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

Hopefully there won't be another pandemic out of China after this one.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Got 3/3 Improved Blizzard but they still fail.

As an asian man in Norway this has to be the worst time to get the regular flu. Oh well, guess I will work from home a few days.

Although I agree the news do blow things out of proportion, you may want to use another example as AIDS killed millions of people. The attitude of not giving a shit is what lead to millions of people dying because the people in charge thought it was not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That is golden
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

One confirmed death in the US.
    News just broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    One confirmed death in the US.
    News just broke.
    Yep, in my state. Wonderful.

Luckily I'm a distance away from King County, I'm over on the Kitsap/Olympic peninsula.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Finally got back to the States after a 54 hour journey.

As soon as I was off the plane in LAX we were shuffled off to be interviewed by CDC. It all went a lot quicker than I thought it would. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork on the plane, and they looked over the paperwork, confirmed it was all correct, asked if I had any fever or signs of sickness, if I had been to Hubei, and then took my temperature. After everything was done with, they sent me off and packing to take my next flight like normal. Seems they don't care unless you've been to Hubei or have a fever.

I have to take my temperature twice a day for two weeks, but they aren't even requiring home quarantine anymore. They just recommend to stay home unless necessary to go out.

It was a massive culture shock coming back to the States and seeing no one wearing masks and everything open (not that it should be the opposite, but after two months of that in China it was a bit surreal). It's really made me think if America is equipped to handle the virus like China has, and I really doubt they are. Most people in America would refuse any sort of closure of traveling or quarantining of cities. A bit worrying, but at least Americans are fairly more hygienic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post

As soon as I was off the plane in LAX we were shuffled off to be interviewed by CDC. It all went a lot quicker than I thought it would. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork on the plane, and they looked over the paperwork, confirmed it was all correct, asked if I had any fever or signs of sickness, if I had been to Hubei, and then took my temperature. After everything was done with, they sent me off and packing to take my next flight like normal. Seems they don't care unless you've been to Hubei or have a fever.

I have to take my temperature twice a day for two weeks, but they aren't even requiring home quarantine anymore. They just recommend to stay home unless necessary to go out.

It was a massive culture shock coming back to the States and seeing no one wearing masks and everything open (not that it should be the opposite, but after two months of that in China it was a bit surreal). It's really made me think if America is equipped to handle the virus like China has, and I really doubt they are. Most people in America would refuse any sort of closure of traveling or quarantining of cities. A bit worrying, but at least Americans are fairly more hygienic.

That is insane given the churn before you even show symptoms.

roughly about how many people do you think you had close cabin contact with...say a couple hundred spreading out all over the coast?

welp at least you didn't sneeze on anyone...right?
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post

Masks don’t prevent you from catching it. They’re more for the people that already have Coronavirus to lower their spread of it. Also it’s better to worry about people from high impact zones as they’re more likely to have it. If you had traveled from Wuhan you’d probably be in quarantine right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yep, in my state. Wonderful.

Luckily I'm a distance away from King County, I'm over on the Kitsap/Olympic peninsula.
    Lucky you: that hospital is where my daughter was born, and a few blocks from my grocery store
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    That is insane given the churn before you even show symptoms.

roughly about how many people do you think you had close cabin contact with...say a couple hundred spreading out all over the coast?

welp at least you didn't sneeze on anyone...right?
    Close cabin contact? Just the guy next to me on the flight. No one talked to each other, if anyone showed any symptoms (which didn't happen as far as I'm aware) they notified the attendants immediately. The air in planes is also extremely fresh as well (I believe every 2-3 minutes is brand new air). I'm not too concerned. I'm being careful, but if the government isn't going to lock me up on arrival in quarantine, I'll just do what the CDC says and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Masks don’t prevent you from catching it. They’re more for the people that already have Coronavirus to lower their spread of it. Also it’s better to worry about people from high impact zones as they’re more likely to have it. If you had traveled from Wuhan you’d probably be in quarantine right now.
    That's true, though one thing masks help with is stopping you from touching your face, or giving mental reminders to keep a distance from people who are wearing them. I'm personally of the mind Americans shouldn't be wearing masks (at least yet), but it does show the difference in how it's being treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Lucky you: that hospital is where my daughter was born, and a few blocks from my grocery store
    Yeah, I got a close school buddy who lives in Kirkland. And he's got Crohn's Disease.

I'm gonna go to Costco and get some stuff to stock up and stay home for a few days. But rather than go to the one here that serves the Bremerton Navy community, I'll drive an hour or so deeper into the peninsula and go to the one in Sequim, since it's more isolated an area.

It's also just a really pleasant drive.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its propaganda. Numbers in China are much higher.

In other news:
    Thank you for linking this channel. It's disgusting how no major media outlet is covering the sick shit China's communist party is doing.

A famous prophet predicted a Chinese virus will doom us all.

People thought she means computer virus and hackers, etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -