Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Morbidly obese is a medical term for BMI 40+.
    BMI is a terrible chart.

Giant tall dudes can get away with being obese but a short lady who's a weightlifter is suddenly obese as fuck.

Should know this being a surgeon apparently
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Honestly believe what you want does not change that he is very much morbidly obese.
    "Believe"

Trump's BMI is around 30. He is obese. He is fat.

He is not morbidly obese.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I'm willing to bet that Trump is lying about his weight, but I don't think he's 320 pounds, either.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Trump is worried about the sports franchises and empty stadiums.

That's like the last thing you should be talking about.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I have decided I do not want to see any more news on this pandemic, I am literally just shutting myself away. I suffered my first anxiety attack in a long time...

When my sister is a nurse and you read headlines like 'Nurse deaths 'inevitable' from coronavirus' by the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52165167) and that a neighbouring hospital from her now has 30 nurses reported suffering with the virus it makes me very uncomfortable... My sister is my best friend, and I am super proud of her for doing what she is doing, but I am losing it with worry.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-04-04 at 09:03 PM.

Trump is worried about the sports franchises and empty stadiums.

That's like the last thing you should be talking about.
    Why? you know the amount of ppl that work in and around sports and have their lives depending on it...
    Just because it does not impact yourself does not mean it has a large impact on other households.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Why? you know the amount of ppl that work in and around sports and have their lives depending on it...
    Just because it does not impact yourself does not mean it has a large impact on other households.
    In recovering from this catastrophe, sports events are by far the last in the list of what should be available to public.

Talking about sports events at this point shows a huge lack of understanding of the severity of this situation.

In recovering from this catastrophe, sports events are by far the last in the list of what should be available to public.

Talking about sports events at this point shows a huge lack of understanding of the severity of this situation.
    All around the world we talk about sport clubs and on what way we can make sure how they can survive.
    Its not a Trump thing its a world wide issue, in the EU we talk about the champions league and on what way we can make sure football clubs and other sport clubs will not get destroyed.

All around the world we talk about sport clubs and on what way we can make sure how they can survive.
    Its not a Trump thing its a world wide issue, in the EU we talk about the champions league and on what way we can make sure football clubs and other sport clubs will not get destroyed.
    Yeah and those people need a fucking reality check as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have decided I do not want to see any more news on this pandemic, I am literally just shutting myself away. I suffered my first anxiety attack in a long time...

When my sister is a nurse and you read headlines like 'Nurse deaths 'inevitable' from coronavirus' by the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52165167) and that a neighbouring hospital from her now has 30 nurses reported suffering with the virus it makes me very uncomfortable... My sister is my best friend, and I am super proud of her for doing what she is doing, but I am losing it with worry.
    putting your head in the sand isn't going to solve anything or make it go away.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    (No clue if that's any sort of actively used EU flag, it just came up when I Bing'd "EU Flag".
    It is on car number plates of almost all members, it is on government buildings, it is found on many border crossings (just a sign "you are entering [insert country]" with EU flag and country name in middle). So it is used quite actively.
    "Those who can convince you to believe absurdities can convince you to commit atrocities." ~Voltaire
    I feel the above truly reflect what is happening in the US and its allies, or has been happening for some time.

In no world are they going to be "destroyed". The idea is ludicrous.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

because sports is so much more important than peoples lives.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because sports is so much more important than peoples lives.
    Yeah sports only got millions of peoples lives around the world involved…
    Not sure what profession you got but we also dont care about that anymore then.

I assume Trump has invested in hydroxychloroquine or the producer is his close friend. The amount of marketing he does for it is crazy.

He went so far as saying he will take the medicine himself just in case to prevent getting corona.

Hopefully he gets a heart attack due to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sports only got millions of peoples lives around the world involved…
    Not sure what profession you got but we also dont care about that anymore then.
    Sports is fucking entertainment and when people are dying left and right in a global pandemic ENTERTAINMENT is fucking pointless shit.

Sports is fucking entertainment and when people are dying left and right in a global pandemic ENTERTAINMENT is fucking pointless shit.
    The entertainment part of sports is like 1%.
    If you think sports is only about entertainment then this is a pointless discussion.

While I won't go to the extreme of shutting myself away, I need to spend a LOT less time dealing with the news. From what I can tell, at least in the US, things are going to get not just a little worse, but a LOT worse, before they bottom out, and I'm not sure there will be much of a rebound after it's over. If it ever ends.

My goal is to limit myself to reading anything related to the news to one time per day. I'd like to get to one time per every two days, but let me start with my less ambitious goal.

My sister is my best friend, and I am super proud of her for doing what she is doing, but I am losing it with worry.
    Yes, medical personnel truly are the super heroes of this time.
    Every day, they hit the front lines, see death, risk their own life for others. I have mad respect for these people.

Unfortunately, yes. Many of our heroes will get infected along with us and some may pay the ultimate price.

As for your anxiety: accept the fact that most of us will get infected at some point. Accept the fact, as I have (member of multiple risk groups), that this may be the end of the line for us. Death is a part of life, being paralyzed by terror won't change that fact. We WILL have to face it eventually.

If all the Champions League football players in the world donated ONE (1) monthly salary to vaccine research and production we would have one in a month.

Yeah and those people need a fucking reality check as well.
    You need a reality check. These people may need that work in order to put dinner on the table.
    To many people, a 99% prospect of unemployment is far scarier than a 1% mortality rate of some virus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If all the Champions League football players in the world donated ONE (1) monthly salary to vaccine research and production we would have one in a month.
    As a scientist, you should know that throwing more money at the problem does not guarantee results. Even though generous funding is always awesome.