Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Thank you for linking this channel. It's disgusting how no major media outlet is covering the sick shit China's communist party is doing.
    I don't know what media channels you watched but a lot of them have mentioned that just like their GDP number Chinese data cannot be trusted.

Got a confirmed case in my small town, one of the people that was transported to Travis Air Force Base and then sent back to my town under house quarantine.
    No one is above the law! Not even the president!

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Got a confirmed case in my small town, one of the people that was transported to Travis Air Force Base and then sent back to my town under house quarantine.
    might be self quarantine "just in case". if he was confirmed I would imagine he would still be in treatment in a hospital

you talking about this dude?

After spending less than 24 hours in a Folsom hospital, a man who tested positive for the coronavirus while quarantined at Travis Air Force Base was transferred to his home state of Utah for treatment.
    Mark Jorgensen was evacuated from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship in Japan where more than 700 hundred passengers and employees tested positive for the coronavirus. Jorgensen did not test positive in Japan and was evacuated to Travis where was quarantined for 14 days.
    At the tail end of his quarantine, Jorgensen tested positive for the virus and was transported to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield for treatment. On Feb. 27, Jorgensen was transported to Mercy Hospital of Folsom.
    Jorgensen was transferred on Friday to the Intermountain Medical Center in Utah at the request of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hospital officials said.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't know what media channels you watched but a lot of them have mentioned that just like their GDP number Chinese data cannot be trusted.
    Well, it's not that I trust Chinese media, it's that there is barely any proper outlet that's exposing how the Chinese communist party is subverting international (non-Chinese) media outlets or organizations or even companies. Just at the end of that video, the guy explains how youtube has delisted one of his videos without giving any reason and then also age-restricted it also without giving any reason. The Chinese communist party seems to have established a "deep state" in all companies ... even non-chinese ones. This is alarming on a national security level.

Anyways, it's getting a bit scary now. I live in Washington and we already have a couple of community-spread cases .. meaning it's spreading and nothing will stop it. I better start getting some sanitizers and shit. All this talk about "oh it's just the elderly" well it doesn't help. Imagine if all our old people died. Besides, 50 is not very old (the guy who died today) and many reported deaths are of just non-old people.
    Last edited by i9erek; 2020-02-29 at 11:38 PM.

Well, it's not that I trust Chinese media, it's that there is barely any proper outlet that's exposing how the Chinese communist party is subverting international (non-Chinese) media outlets or organizations or even companies. Just at the end of that video, the guy explains how youtube has delisted one of his videos without giving any reason and then also age-restricted it also without giving any reason. The Chinese communist party seems to have established a "deep state" in all companies ... even non-chinese ones. This is alarming on a national security level.

Anyways, it's getting a bit scary now. I live in Washington and we already have a couple of community-spread cases .. meaning it's spreading and nothing will stop it. I better start getting some sanitizers and shit. All this talk about "oh it's just the elderly" well it doesn't help. Imagine if all our old people died. Besides, 50 is not very old (the guy who died today) and many reported deaths are of just non-old people.
    I think the 50 year old had a whole lot of underlying complications prior to getting the virus. So he was in the same category as the very old.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

So..America's surgeon general is telling the American people NOT to buy masks, as they don't prevent anyone from getting CV. I'm sure Trump had something to do with this..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I think the 50 year old had a whole lot of underlying complications prior to getting the virus. So he was in the same category as the very old.
    Yeah, I'm not too scared about myself .. more about my brother, he has asthma + some other rare lung disease. Just fighting the regular flu is tough for him. I hope we can get a vaccine soon. I think everyone has an elderly parent or a child or sickly relative that may fall to the virus ... this is insane. This should be a full emergency. I want the military in hazmat suits to isolate the neighborhoods until all is cleared.

I'm fortunate enough to have a medical supply store and semi decent grocery store just across the street from my apt building. Gf and i have almost 20 face masks and few bottles of bleach/disinfectant between us. My roomies are pretty much the same. lol
    *i'm the only non Chinese in my apt floor*

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    So..America's surgeon general is telling the American people NOT to buy masks, as they don't prevent anyone from getting CV. I'm sure Trump had something to do with this..
    they really don't directly help.

where they help a little is you touching your nose or mouth with your hands.....or if you are infected coughing on other people.

so...ya.…

and btw way more scientist and medical professionals said this before the SG did...like for years....

they really don't directly help.

where they help a little is you touching your nose or mouth with your hands.....or if you are infected coughing on other people.

so...ya.…

and btw way more scientist and medical professionals said this before the SG did...like for years....
    hehe tell that to online shopping sites that are raising the prices of masks. Not buying them would save money. :P

might be self quarantine "just in case". if he was confirmed I would imagine he would still be in treatment in a hospital

you talking about this dude?

After spending less than 24 hours in a Folsom hospital, a man who tested positive for the coronavirus while quarantined at Travis Air Force Base was transferred to his home state of Utah for treatment.
    Mark Jorgensen was evacuated from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship in Japan where more than 700 hundred passengers and employees tested positive for the coronavirus. Jorgensen did not test positive in Japan and was evacuated to Travis where was quarantined for 14 days.
    At the tail end of his quarantine, Jorgensen tested positive for the virus and was transported to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield for treatment. On Feb. 27, Jorgensen was transported to Mercy Hospital of Folsom.
    Jorgensen was transferred on Friday to the Intermountain Medical Center in Utah at the request of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hospital officials said.
    https://abc7news.com/5974970/
    The confirmed patient is retired firefighter, Robert Young who is currently being isolated and monitored in his Rio Vista home. ABC7 News spoke to Young over the phone and he shared this experience was something he'd never expected.

"I'm a career firefighter paramedic, I thought I've seen everything in the world. No, this doesn't even come close to it," Young said.

Dr. Bela Matyas with the county health department said: "By doing that we were able to send them into their homes. So they're doing home isolation - much more comfortable for them instead of being in the hospital.

Neither patient is showing any symptoms, but are being tested each day to see when the virus clears out of their bloodstream and they can no longer spread the virus.
    No one is above the law! Not even the president!

hehe tell that to online shopping sites that are raising the prices of masks. Not buying them would save money. :P
    People don't think about money when they're scared, or if they think they can profit off of people being scared they'll buy out all the masks and jack up the prices, which is what is happening in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    People don't think about money when they're scared, or if they think they can profit off of people being scared they'll buy out all the masks and jack up the prices, which is what is happening in the US.
    also amazon..etc. the problem with places like amazon is that the us gov't can't do anything about the price gouging.
    online stores/city shops in china and HK tried doing that and got a hefty fine.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/l...202153407.html

I'm seriously questioning how they got this number. It could be possible but nobody has an estimate to show this. 500,000 people infected? This can't be true. *notice the photo shows a shopping street in Korea and not China* lol
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-01 at 01:58 AM.

It's literally what I've been telling everyone who says they're going to wear masks.

Non-filtered masks do jackshit, and you have to be fit tested for filtered masks, so that you know, they actually seal properly.

Also wearing a mask is more likely to give you bad habits and a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Also wearing a mask is more likely to give you bad habits and a false sense of security.
    Just like my marriage..

@Muajin76 I'm inherently skeptical of a source called Insider Monkey, but this is part of how finance guys make their money -- they crunch data and look for trends. Follow their links back (see link in article) and you'll find this: https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/c...timate-817752/ As a side note, that might explain the picture too, they used South Korea as a key point in their analysis because they felt it offered better data.

We don’t know how many people are actually infected with the new coronavirus, but we have a pretty good idea about the number of people who died because of COVID-19. That’s why our best estimate is very likely to be higher than the actual fatality rate. Since South Korea tested around 1 out of every 1000 people and no other country with widespread infections tested a higher proportion of its population, South Korea’s 0.546% fatality rate is closest to the actual fatality rate of the new coronavirus.

We wouldn’t be wrong to assume that COVID-19’s fatality rate is not more than 0.5%. This means the new coronavirus’ fatality rate is probably somewhere in between 0.2% and 0.5%. This is a wide range, but it is still narrow enough to make very educated guesses about the future. One implication is that only one out of every 200 to 500 infected people will die due to the new coronavirus. This means this new coronavirus isn’t as deadly as what most people currently believe. This also means that there are far more infected people than we identified. For example, Iran identified less than 400 infections, but the actual number of infections in Iran at this moment is anywhere from 6800 and 17,000.

Please keep in mind that our coronavirus mortality rate in humans is an estimate for the entire population. Coronavirus fatality rates for different age groups, genders, and co-morbidities are different and will be shared in other articles.
    I give them points for the disclaimer at the end. It makes me a bit more comfortable with taking their article seriously, given that I don't see any sign that they've cross checked with doctors. Looking at the article you linked: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/least...202153407.html

In a separate article we calculated the new coronavirus' fatality rate. The upper bound for our estimate is 0.5%. The actual rate is likely to be between 0.2% and 0.5%. COVID-19 isn't as deadly as we feared. That's the good news. Unfortunately, it is a very stealthy virus that can easily evade detection.

One major implication of our estimated fatality rate is that only one out of every 200 to 500 infected people will die from the new coronavirus. This also means that if we see 10 deaths in a country due to the coronavirus, it is safe to assume that between 2000 and 5000 are already infected with the virus. We will use this fact to make very powerful observations about China, Iran, Italy, and United States below.

In China nearly 3000 people died from coronavirus. Since we estimate that for each dead people, there are 200 to 500 infected people, China had between 600,000 - 1,500,000 infected people since the beginning of this year.

Now, we know that many Chinese coronavirus patients with mild symptoms were never tested due to large number of infections throughout the country. We also know that many coronavirus patients didn't receive any treatment at all which may have prevented some of the deaths. If we assume that 20% of the deaths in China could have been avoided with better access to healthcare, this still implies that there are a total of between nearly 500,000 and over 1 million Chinese nationals infected with COVID-19.
    That shows you how they got their estimate.

Take it for what it is worth, but I think they have made a reasonable case that is in line with what I feel we've been seeing.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

I do think one flaw in the data is not every country will have the same fatality rate on basis of different standards in both healthcare and lifestyles. China and Iran will be significantly higher than other countries.

I think you also have to consider that the mortality rate may increase as more people are infected, due to lack of ability to treat everyone. If hospitals run out of space/supplies, people who may have been helped may not get the care that they need. Not saying that is what happened in China, just saying that it is something to consider, especially if it ends up infecting millions in the USA. We simply may not have the capacity to treat everyone.

I wouldn't put any stock with anyone complaining about youtube delisting and age restricting videos. They have been on a mission lately to sanitize the site even milk toast videos are getting the same treatment, youtube is scared of any bad press not to mention the lawsuits they lost. They will act first on any report then you have to go through the process to get your video back.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I wouldn't put any stock with anyone complaining about youtube delisting and age restricting videos. They have been on a mission lately to sanitize the site even milk toast videos are getting the same treatment, youtube is scared of any bad press not to mention the lawsuits they lost. They will act first on any report then you have to go through the process to get your video back.
    Well, you make a good point but yeah they should be more protective of free speech ... removing a video with some bullshit isn't the same as removing political videos protesting oppression.